Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clearing my cookies

Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 08 at 9:16

I have a Dell with Vista and I need to clear out my cookies. How do I do that? If I call Dell I get some guy from India who I can't understand very well. Arugh.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clearing my cookies

I figured it out! My goddess power is high today and I have the day off. My 22 year old is moving back home for his last two quarters at Ohio State. In between moving I will be collecting seeds.

Time for a trip to the Fresh Market.

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 2, 08 at 15:48

Good you figured it out! How do you like Vista?

o

PV, I use a mac and love it, but my daughter has a new PC that came with Vista.
After 4 months of using it, she dumped it and put back her XP from the old computer.

Took up to much memory and "just created to many problems that where not worth dealing with.". She's pretty computer savy and a HS teacher as well, but the grief with VISTA was not worth all the wasted time she had with it.

According to her, all the teachers she teaches with have done the same thing as they got tired of going to the computer tech person at the HS she teaches in for help. His advise was "dump the #$@% vista and go back to XP.

Fran

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 22, 08 at 22:09

Thanks, Fran. I got a new PC this year and passed on the Vista - got XP instead. I'd heard a few horror stories - plus I tend to stay away from new tech stuff until it's been tried and true. My old machine was still running Windows 98 ....

PV

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here