Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone done the Avon 3 Day?

Posted by nancy_drew 5 nw chgo burbs (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 12, 09 at 9:35

Has anyone done the Avon 3 Day Walk? It's something I have always wanted to participate in and right now I figure I have a year to get my butt in gear. Just wondering how went.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone done the Avon 3 Day?

• Posted by trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 26, 09 at 12:54

We were talking about this last week at a meeting I was at. Evidently, you have to guarantee a minimum of $1500 dollars to get to walk, and then there's also a registration fee of $50+ to enter.

The problem is that the money you raise may not be used locally. Talk to your legislatures and walking organizations, call the main county newspaper and talk to the events columnist...ask them about charity walks that are done locally, there will likely be a few that they can lead you to. This way you can still do the walking, you don't have a huge $$$ commitment and the money you raise is used for people in your area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Avon 3 Day

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here