Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks to some Rambuctious Cats...

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 31, 06 at 12:37

...I now have several cutting of Sedum 'Autumn Joy'!!
Yesterday as I glanced at my 1 year old clump (getting ready to bloom) I thought it was looking a little smaller than the last time I looked at it. Hmmmmmmm....this morning I went out as usual to check on my transplanted stuff and sure enough there were 2 big stems laying on the ground half busted off at the base LOL!!
I brought them in, snipped off the forming flower parts, re-cut the stem base and am just about ready to go back out and stick'em. Where I have no clue! I recently dug up the two cuttings I made earlier this summer where I was holding them over and planted them in their perminent spot. Guess I'll go on a scout about :D

Vera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks to some Rambuctious Cats...

Yup, my dogs "prune" quite a few things...either by laying on them, or playing and not looking where they are going...

I put stakes around quite a few things...kind of have to with as many dogs as I have (rescue and all)...

Luckily, my cats are pretty careful where they tread....

o
RE: Thanks to some Rambuctious Cats...

LOL!

Thank goodness sedum roots easy enough. I'm still waiting to see this 'Autumn Joy' bloom! It has several stalks in full bud but they just haven't opened yet! It was in late June that I had to cut it back because it was trying to bloom too early...where they first cuttings came from....is that the normal time? It seems it should have been later? Should I have just let it bloom in June/July? We will be experiencing our first frost by the end of this month!

Vera

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here