Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If your PO is still overcharging-ie saying all BE are parcels

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 17:02

You might want to check out Bubble Envelopes-are you being charged correctly?

I am attempting to get members who are being overcharged to mail me a bubblie, with postage affixed via a postal tape, proving the envelope cost $1.13 (was charged at parcel rate) to mail.

I will then be mailing a box of the unopened envelopes to the Postmaster General, along with excerpts from the many threads where postage has been discussed. This has been an ongoing problem for many for 15 months now. The USPS went to shape based pricing in May 2007, so there is really no good reason why each and every employee is not aware of the correct charges.

Please see the link above for more complete details. I would love participation by anyone who is being overcharged.

Sue...still on the mission to make the USPS get it right for everyone once and for all

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If your PO is still overcharging-ie saying all BE are parcels

You go girl! After my incident with getting them corrected I have been mailing small lots with 2 stamps from home. I haven't had any returned and haven't had any complaints yet. And I'm still getting mail the way I should!

o

Me too! If I just stay away from the PO,no problems! It is a shame when they are supposed to be there to serve the public,and the public is shying away from them in fear of being overcharged!The whole ordeal is getting tiresome,they really need to get their "stuff" together,it is really getting old! Imagine how many people across the country are being overcharged than multiply that by the average amount they are overcharging,they are making a killing! I will not go there unless it is necessary and do not expect one person that sends me SASBE or a trade to go there either,they have lost my confidence in them!:(

o

I was out of stamps so I went to mail a small BE at the post office. She charged me a dollar sixty something! the only thing inside of the envelope was 1 index card, 3 stamps, and an address label.

o

I recently mailed two BE from home with two stamps each on them and two stamps inside for return postage. When they were mailed back to me, both had the original stamps still on them. They had not been postmarked by the postal service. Even more surprising, one of them was not postmarked on the return trip and could actually be used again. But the most interesting thing to me was that both people I had mailed them to (gardenwebbers of course) returned the enclosed stamps. Aren't gardeners just the nicest people?

o

The PO in our town ALWAYS charges too much, but if I go to the PO in the town closest to ours, I get charged either $ .83, or a $1.00 depending on the weight. When I mention that to our local PO, which I have done several times, they seem to know how the other PO came up with that price, but insist that THEY are the ones charging correctly. They are very nice people, so I don't want to start an arguement, but I just try not to go to that PO if I am mailing more than one or two BEs.

Bonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here