Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2006, the summer that came and went....

Posted by albertar z6 LINY (albee7447@aol.com) on
Mon, Sep 18, 06 at 9:04

This year has really been rough, although doing my normal assortment of winter sowing, much had to be rushed into the ground early spring, because the first week of May started massive confusion in my life. My dad, aged 86 took sick and eventually had to be placed in a nursing home. My mom aged 82 was hospitalized 6 times in a matter of just a few months, in fact she is back in the hospital now due to high blood pressure.

I normally spend hours at a time in my gardens, this year everything just got basically thrown in the soil, with a silent prayer to grow and grow well, as time was really not available to do as I used to do. Everything grew and produced well. The only set backs were the tomatoes, with all the rain we had, many rotted on the vines. Peppers produced like crazy, which really surprised me since I have found peppers usually dislike too much water. What I've learned from this is although its relaxing for me to spend hour after hour in my gardens, I don't have to do it to still achieve good production.
Alberta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2006, the summer that came and went....

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 19, 06 at 23:19

Gosh, Alberta, so very sorry to hear about your parents. Hope that all goes well for them.

Good to hear that your garden thrived despite it all.

It's been a weird year for me too; actually the past two years have been very troubling. I suppose that this too shall pass.

You and your parents will be in my prayers .......

PV

o
RE: 2006, the summer that came and went....

Will be praying for you too, Alberta...
I have had a similar summer, although mine was not filled with the depth of change as yours was. It is nice that your garden blessed you still, through it all. Maybe sometimes the gardens need a rest from us too?
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here