Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
countrycarolyn

I Quit Smoking!!

countrycarolyn
12 years ago

Well this forum hasn't left my heart! Gardening is wonderful and wsing is a great medicine during the winter. So yes I have been gone but I wil always return!!

For whats up lately things are steady. I can't complain about that one bit. I have added and lost a love/hate relationship. Smoking!! Yeah I have really struggled with this major. Well I have been trying to quit for the last 2 years, ugh and failing miserably. Then last year a friend of mine showed me this electronic cigarette, how cool. Well he let me try it and I loved it. Well within a week I purchased this kit and went on my way.

It is almost a year now I have had my slips and for a few months in the spring I actually went back to smoking. Now different longer lasting batteries and some awesome cartos and a few years supply of nic juice I am back on track. I seriously haven't considered giving up my ecig but I have lowered my nic. Best of all I don't smell like an ashtray and this way equals about $0.50 a day. So I save money!! No carcinogens, no tar, no smell!! Whoooo hoooo!!

I know this is totally not a gardening convo. Well blahhhh, I am proud I found a safer alternative, so proud I have to share the news with my gardening buddies.

If you have questions feel free to ask or send me an email.

Comments (7)

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Congrats Countrycarolyn! Hope it's still going well for you. If so, you put every bit of the money you save in a jar and blow it on yourself next spring when all the new plants are out. You deserve it. : )

• wendy2shoes
    12 years ago

How funny! I quit smoking this September as well, but because I fell down a flight of stairs, fractured my calcaneus (heel) bone. Orthopedic surgeon would not operate on a smoker. Now there's an incentive...Quit or never walk normally again!
    My foot is elevated, no weight bearing for 2 months..can't put my garden to bed for the winter...I was talking about slowing down..funny ...now I have no choice!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    12 years ago

YOU GO GIRLS!

It is a hard, hard row to hoe, quitting that habit.

I never smoked, but I did help my Dad stop smoking when I was a little girl. I'd heard about how bad smoking was in school, and when my Dad picked up the pack of cigarettes, I'd climb up into his lap, look up into his face, and ask him "Daddy, why do you want to kill yourself?". He told me much later that he quit because he could never find an answer to that question.

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lois I love that!!

Wendy I hope you recover quickly!

Someone had mentioned that smoking prevents our bodies from healing as fast. Not sure if it is true though! I know it has been a hard struggle to give it up but I feel so much better now. I won't say I am totally over all of the cravings but it is getting easier!!

Wendy, I am proud you quit, it's hard but it gets easier. If you slip don't kick yourself. Believe me I have had a ton of slips since I have been working on quiting. Today is 4 weeks since my last slip. With my slips I still have managed to not smoke over 2500 cigarettes since mid june. That number is crazy! Though it helps to focus on what I didn't smoke!!

Good luck on your journey and if there is anything I can do to be of support you let me know!!

• just1morehosta
    12 years ago

CC,do you really like the e cig? There are several ones on the market,which one do you have? I don't smoke, but my hubby does, he has been talking about the e cig.They coast about $ 100.00, for the first time, is that correct?Thanks for any information you can share, and congratulations on your quitting, it is not easy.

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just1morehosta, I am so sorry I am just now seeing this. I tell you what my life has been flip flopped flung!!

If your husband is still interested let me know. I can find him some links for a kit to get him started under 40 bucks. Heck I smoked about a pack to two packs a day and here in tn a pack cost about 5 bucks. So a kit actually saved me a ton of money. Think of it as 1 carton.

Love the ecig by the way. LOVE it!! Still haven't had a smoke and I am going strong!!

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Congratulations Carolyn, so you like the e-cig. I'm am going to tell my sister about this. By the way the forums are slow, How are you doing? Ready to WS?