Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kudos to Scott's

Posted by northerner_on Z5A ONCanada (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 7, 09 at 4:08

This spring I was determined not to let slugs get the better of me, so once the snow was melting I armed myself with a large packet of Scott's snail and slug bait. It was listed as harmless to pets and animals, so I waited until I saw a few slugs and went out to destroy them. I had left the package out on my deck, but it was in a heavy duty plastic pouch with a zip-loc fastener inside the outer pouch. Anyway, when I opened the package, I was faced with a few pellets on top, but soon found a whole lot of 'goop' in the package. It felt almost liquid in the bottom. Of course I got on the phone and called their customer service. To my surprise, they were very apologetic, advised me to discard what was left in the bag, and they took my name and address and said they would be back in touch with me. Well, in about 10 days, a refund cheque arrived in the mail, again with apologies!! I thought what a great company - they just took my word and I was able to replace it. Since then, I receive an occasional newsletter from them which is quite interesting reading. Today, it contained a lovely recipe for Pumpkin Pudding which seemed yummy - complete with low-fat options. So hats off to Scott's - keeping their customers happy.
Northerner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kudos to Scott's

Actions like those are rare, few, and far between these days from such big companies. It's nice to see that we as consumers are sometimes not forgotten and our hard earned dollars are respected. You are right - Kudos to Scott's!!

Note - Hope the slug battle is being won. :O)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here