Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT- weather again. Drought to flooding

Posted by kqcrna z6 SW Oh (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 07 at 7:02

After so little rain and so much heat all summer, this was quite a week. It started raining on Monday and didn't stop until Wednesday. We had flash flood warnings. Roads were closing due to flooding. My rain gauge overflowed at about 6.5 inches! There have been a few sprinkles since, too, and the chance continues for the next few days.

As of Monday I think our rain deficit was around a foot. We got a total of 6" of rain in June, July, August, and September combined. We have now had 7 inches in October alone. Usually we get some monsoon type rain in spring (which didn't happen this year) but it's really unusual to see this in fall.

I'm really behind on my seed collecting now. Everything was still wet yesterday (Thursday). Hopefully I'll get out there for a while today to check for seeds.

It looked like you folks in Georgia and the Carolinas were getting some of that much-needed rain, too. How are things for you guys?

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT- weather again. Drought to flooding

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 27, 07 at 0:51

I'm wondering about our SE friends too. It's nuts here, but not as severe as GA etc. Things are just now back to normal. My garden is a mess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here