Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kqcrna

OT- weather again. Drought to flooding

kqcrna
16 years ago

After so little rain and so much heat all summer, this was quite a week. It started raining on Monday and didn't stop until Wednesday. We had flash flood warnings. Roads were closing due to flooding. My rain gauge overflowed at about 6.5 inches! There have been a few sprinkles since, too, and the chance continues for the next few days.

As of Monday I think our rain deficit was around a foot. We got a total of 6" of rain in June, July, August, and September combined. We have now had 7 inches in October alone. Usually we get some monsoon type rain in spring (which didn't happen this year) but it's really unusual to see this in fall.

I'm really behind on my seed collecting now. Everything was still wet yesterday (Thursday). Hopefully I'll get out there for a while today to check for seeds.

It looked like you folks in Georgia and the Carolinas were getting some of that much-needed rain, too. How are things for you guys?

Karen

Comment (1)

• bakemom_gw
    16 years ago

I'm wondering about our SE friends too. It's nuts here, but not as severe as GA etc. Things are just now back to normal. My garden is a mess.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida