Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

Our beloved Boo Boo.....

vera_eastern_wa
17 years ago

...passed away sometime overnight. Boo Boo was a Chow Chow x and would have been 11 years old in Decemember. Last week he was diagnosed with Anemia (IMHA) where the bodies white blood cells view the RBC's as a foreign object and attack them faster than the body can regenerate them. Please have your Vet run a complete blood scan on your geriatric dogs to prevent what our baby just went thru!!!!

We need your prays,

Thank you.

Vera

Comments (12)

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

You've got them Vera. How awful. I hope Boo Boo's passing was peaceful.

• not_a_contessa
    17 years ago

How sad for your family, my thoughts are with you.

Mary

• vera_eastern_wa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you both,

He looked as if he were asleep when we found him. We have always known this day would come and no matter how much we prepared it is still quite a shock. Am worried about our other 3 dogs now...they are all depressed :(

Vera

• dirt_yfingernails
    17 years ago

So sorry to hear about your sweet Boo Boo. Hugs to you and his fur brothers/sisters.

• girlgroupgirl
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear your Boo Boo passed away, Vera. Pets our our friends, and part of our family. They are so missed.
    I have a Boo Boo too, Boo Boo Kitty. She's been through her 9 lives and then some!

GGG

• flowerchildky
    17 years ago

Vera, so sorry to hear the news

pets are family too

I am thinking of you
    ((hugs))
    Linda in Louisville

• kqcrna
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry, Vera. I know I was devastated when we lost our sweet golden retriever 3 years ago. I'm 54 years old and have had 5 dogs in my life, always one at a time, and seldom went any time in between losing one and getting another. Part of me was lost with each of them. I didn't get another since losing the golden as I just don't know if my emotions can take that again. I can really empathize with you.

Karen

• vera_eastern_wa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you.

It is getting better. It's hard to move on though as now we are watching our other dogs go through this depression. His "wife" will be 9 and she is taking it the worst since they have been together 8 years. She has taking to not wanting to eat much and sleeps alot. I have too really entice her. Their sons are 7 and 6.
    {{gwi:335186}}

Vera

• daisydo
    17 years ago

Oh, how sad! I can see the grief in her posture. I hope things get better soon, so your grief can be replaced with good memories!
    So sorry!!
    Daisy

• vera_eastern_wa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Daisy :D
    That's a pic of Boo Boo when he was age 3....he was just worried about his "Daddy" who just came home in double leg casts after a 2 week stay in the hospital.
    This IMHA was a sudden and acute illness...it all happened from onset to death within a 2.5 week time frame. Before that he'd never been sick in all of his 10 years...well he would have been 10 next month. Prior to this his energy/activity level was as normal.

Vera

• charla_gardener
    17 years ago

Vera
    I am so sorry for your loss. You and your dogs are in my prayers. It may sound silly, but like someone said they are our friends. We have two Siberian Huskies, mother and daughter, that will be 10 and 9 in 2007 and they are inseparable. My worry with them is how one will react when the other passes.
    Charlotte

• kywildcat2
    17 years ago

Vera,
    My heart goes out to you. We lost our little angel Boo on 10/25. We'd had her for 11 years and she gave so much love and joy. The outpouring of love and support from the good folks here at GW has been invaluable to me since. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless, Teresa