Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retiredprof

Well, I'm Back--Finally!

retiredprof
13 years ago

Hi, everyone! Getting ready to WS again after a long break. Think the last time I was on the forum was Spring 09.

Anyway... much has happened in the interim. Sold my house in Wilmington, DE and bought a VERY small place in southern DE not far from Lewes. Call it downsizing combined with an interest in the small-house movement!

The place is actually a Rehoboth Beach cottage from the 40's that has been substantially rehabbed. I have a good-sized yard with a a lot of potential, and have been adding some trees and shrubs in the last few weeks. I just moved in two months ago, but didn't want to "miss" the Fall planting season.

So... now looking forward to WS again as I need to start over with perennials. Believe it or not, I literally moved two jugs of hosta babies around me with me the past year and finally got them in the ground a few weeks ago. I was determined to take something from the "old" place with me as I start over.

Some of you may remember "Big Dee" -- my devoted Dobie old lady. Sadly, Dee passed in June a few weeks before my move. Of course, as if there wasn't enough stress.... Now it's just me and Gussy Gus (rambunctious Sheltie teenager).

Very much looking forward to getting back with you wonderful folks here, doing some seed swapping, and exchanging great info.

Regards!

Prof

Comments (12)

• shoregrowin

Hey there Prof!

You have been missed! I haven't been on here in ages, but it sure is nice to check back in and see some folks that had been MIA. Really sorry to hear about Dee... we lost our diabetic cat this summer, so hard to say goodbye to our babies...
    You moved south- wowza- we're practically neighbors now! I'm just a bit north of Broadkill Beach, you'll have to come up for a glass of wine or two!
    Take good care and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Shore

• shoregrowin

Hey there Prof!

You have been missed! I haven't been on here in ages, but it sure is nice to check back in and see some folks that had been MIA. Really sorry to hear about Dee... we lost our diabetic cat this summer, so hard to say goodbye to our babies...
    You moved south- wowza- we're practically neighbors now! I'm just a bit north of Broadkill Beach, you'll have to come up for a glass of wine or two!

Shore

• shoregrowin

Hey there Prof!

Shore

• shoregrowin

Hey there Prof!

Shore

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

Nice to have you back, Prof. Welcome home. :-)

Karen

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Oh Goodie,
    I am so happy you are back.You always made me laugh.
    Welcome home Prof,welcome home.
    Sorry about Big Dee,it is hard to lose a loved pet.
    So, are you on the beach?
    cAROL

• pitimpinai
    13 years ago

So very glad to see you post again, Prof. What an endeavor....I can't imagine how I would manage it. I have not moved in 24 years...but it was kinda sad to watch our son move around the past years.

I am sorry about your beloved dog.
    Yeah, are you on the beach? It's great that you'll have a lot of room for gardening.

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Welcome back, Prof. How exciting to have a new home and yard to explore and plant. Been awhile since our last move but I remember the wonder of new places.

Sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved "Big Dee"..an extra hug for "Gussie Gus".

I look forward to your ws posts as well as recipes. Any good soup recipes?

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    13 years ago

Nice to hear from you again!! I remember the excitement of starting to gardens in new digs and it sounds like you are looking forward to it. That's great!

My heart goes out to you for Big Dee. I'm sure that Gussy Gus will warm up your days and be a good friend in many ways. :O)

• seedmama
    13 years ago

Hey Prof!
    Great to see you. Had a conversation about you this week. I haven't been on the forum either, but I check periodically to see if you are around. Sounds like you have new turf for sowing. Very pleased to know you are doing well.
    Very sorry to hear about Big Dee.
    What ever happened to the gold fish?
    Seedmama

• ontheteam
    13 years ago

PROF! You were missed! So sorry about the doggie. Glad you are back and hope to see ya around here lots!

• PVick
    13 years ago

Hey, Prof! I'm a little late to the party - but welcome back!!

PV

Sponsored