Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still Running...

Posted by northerner_on Z5A ONCanada (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 15, 09 at 2:09

Hello there: I wonder if anyone else is still running. I mean it's full fall, we have had our Thanksgiving, our first snowfall, my first seed catalogue has arrived and I am still out in the garden preparing beds for spring, tidying up perennials, still have some annuals to up root less they cover the garden with seedlings, and the yard still has not been cleaned up. It seems that since my DH took ill last summer (2007) and I had to be confined to the house taking care of him I have never really caught up. It is really getting to me. My dining table is still full of paper bags and little containers of seeds, plus all my seed saving apparauts, and it seems like I've been trying to clean it up for weeks. And the cooking...it seems to be never ending. I am still trying to find the time to put two peonies in the garden of a friend. We are promised good weather into next week Wednesday, so I guess I still have a few days. When will it all end?? Can't wait for the heavy snow to come and put a stop to it.
P.S. to Tiffy: The geranium Orion plants bloomed this summer, but the blooms were so pale they were almost white. Will they darken as the plants get older? Sorry I did not get a good photo. to post. Beautiful plants, thanks for the seeds.
Northerner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still Running...

Still running here in PA, too. Work takes up way more than 40 hours a week, I am trying to be better at making time to walk, the last few weekends have required me to spend time with my Dad, whose health is slowly failing... I am looking forward next month to taking the vacation that I have not had a chance to take all year and having the time to do both the garden related things and Christmas related things that I enjoy.

Lois in PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here