Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

Have you shopped Alice.com yet?

vera_eastern_wa
14 years ago

I first heard about it on either Oprah or Tyra Banks show a few months ago.

The website is a one-stop place to shop for basic household items like toilet paper, ziploc items, toothpaste and whatnot. What is really cool is that when you first register you can set up "My product" which includes those things your household uses the most and it is then set up by kitchen, bathroom, pantry, etc. You can even set up reminders to re-order. Also there are automatic coupons and shipping is ALWAYS free!

I made my first order of $71.60 ($7.65 in coupons +tax)yesterday afternoon and my order was shipped out via ups this a.m. and should be rec'd within 4-5 business days. I only made my purchase after doing about 1.5 hours of on-line research of customer reviews and reading blogs because I am a skeptic!!

The shopping experience and site navigation was pretty easy. What you need to look out for are the number of coupons available and no. of times they can be used...you can view that info by simply clicking on the blue coupon sticker next to any item. BTW there are no store brands and only name brand items available, but you might notice that many of the items are cheaper or comparable to your local prices, however you don't have to spend your gas money AND it's shipped right to your door for no shipping cost!! For us this is a great deal! To go purchase these items we would have to drive 33 miles just to reach the Spokane City limits, drive all over Spokane and then drive the 33 miles from the edge of the city limits back home again. So we're talking saving us at least 90-100 miles a month!! Thank you ALICE!!! LOL!

Will keep you posted on my shipment :)

Vera

Comments (6)

• MissMyGardens
    14 years ago

Vera, you need a few huskies and a sled! :)

That kind of round trip for supplies is a crazy one.

I checked out the site and without registering might find some bargains without having to go to 3 different stores to find different sales.

I always envy all the space and sun you have for gardening of all sorts. Never thought of the downside of living that far from conveniences others may take for granted.

Thanks for doing the vetting of this site...I hate to give too much information with online sites like it.

Just one word about tracking...do you think they watch for purchasing patterns and gear their offerings or coupons to different people's patterns or are all coupons generic to be used with any product purchased?

I'm more than skeptical...LOL.

Thanks again...I wouldn't have had the patience to go through the vetting and scoping out the site itself.

Leslie

PS...do you still want things on your trade list you haven't specifically requested in Exchange section? I have a few things you're looking for like Echinops ritro, New England Aster and Forget-Me-Not (annual & perennial) seeds. I was looking for divisions or 1 year seedlings of regular Chives (not Garlic) so I have a better chance of blooms during 2010.

• MissMyGardens
    14 years ago

Vera, you need a few huskies and a sled! :)

That kind of round trip for supplies is a crazy one.

I checked out the site and without registering might find some bargains without having to go to 3 different stores to find different sales.

I always envy all the space and sun you have for gardening of all sorts. Never thought of the downside of living that far from conveniences others may take for granted.

Thanks for doing the vetting of this site...I hate to give too much information with online sites like it.

Just one word about tracking...do you think they watch for purchasing patterns and gear their offerings or coupons to different people's patterns or are all coupons generic to be used with any product purchased?

I'm more than skeptical...LOL.

Thanks again...I wouldn't have had the patience to go through the vetting and scoping out the site itself.

Leslie

PS...do you still want things on your trade list you haven't specifically requested in Exchange section? I have a few things you're looking for like Echinops ritro, New England Aster and Forget-Me-Not (annual & perennial) seeds. I was looking for divisions or 1 year seedlings of regular Chives (not Garlic) so I have a better chance of blooms during 2010.

• vera_eastern_wa
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL!! I do have 3 Huskie X/Coydogs...but my oldest was 12 and 2nd oldest 10 last month! They don't move much anymore I'm afraid LOL!

Anyhoo....all the coupons are regular manufacturer coupons and are just shown next to all the products as they are available.
    I went to UPS and my order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (Friday)...holy cow I only ordered this stuff on Sunday...5 days!!! Whooooohoooo!!

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Hey, Vera, thanks for the info. I really appreciate you mentioning how much effort you went to to vet the site, because I would have done all that work again if you hadn't mentioned it. I went ahead and signed up, although I think it would be nice if one could tour the site before signing up.

I thought the prices for kleenex were what I'd pay in the store, but not TP. (I get Aldi's premium brand tp, which is very nice stuff at a great price. But Aldi kleenex sucks!). I just got a kitten, so I was anticipating using Alice.com for pet food and cat litter. Unfortunately, there is one one cat litter (not my stuff) and either no kitten chow, or just not the Purina Nurturing I'm using.

Maybe they'll carry more pet stuff soon, but until then, I probably won't use the site. When I spot stuff on sale, I buy a few, so I still have shampoo and conditioner for months, etc. I don't live as far from the stores as you do, Vera, but I live far enough--especially for pet stuff; the nearest pet store is 15 miles away. (And they have the best price on cat litter! :( )

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Well I for one do not like to go to the supermarket.
    So I find this a great way to get the things I do us that they carry. If not what I need then I just order it from my local supermarket b/c they deliver.
    Did I mention I really don't like to go to the market, lol
    I also like the fact that at 2 a.m. an can't sleep I can do my shopping an I'm done. Same for bad weather.
    Thanks' Vera.
    Bonnie

• vera_eastern_wa
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here to report that as promised my shipment arrived on Friday! Hooray!!

Vera

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County