Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Crazy Is This ...

Posted by ilsa 5b or 6a/KS (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 21, 06 at 17:05

I was in Borders late last week (4th Grade function for the elementary school library - 15% off!!), and was looking for a garden book that included a full-fledged germination table. Granted, the kids were bouncing up & down like they'd had 50 latte's, and my husband was less than thrilled to be in the Garden section, so I didn't spend a LOT of time in there. BUT, and here's the crazy part: I found nothing containing a detailed germination table, but book after book after book of 'How To's' for growing / raising pot & hash. It looked like the only thing missing was "Growing Drugs for Dummies" (although it was probably there & I just didn't see it). While I could probably fund my ever-growing garden obsession in this manner, I'd prefer to garden in my own backyard vs. the state penitentiary. Besides - I'm not sure if I'd be able to get milk jugs in prison.

I swear, just about the time you think you've seen everything ....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Crazy Is This ...

ilsa, barnes and noble is the absolute same way. i couldn't believe how many of those books were on their shelves, mixed right in between the "real" gardening books. i realize it is a form of gardening, but given the fact that there are very few places it is legal, i'm always surprised to see the number of books on the subject. i have to admit though, i have looked through a few of them but was a little chicken and would put it down if someone else was in the aisle because i didn't want them to think things about the lady reading such books :). books on inside, outside and water growing. i'll loose it if i ever see the wintersow guide to marijuana.

o
Re: How Crazy IS This

LOL Now that IS crazy! Thanks, you made my day.
Bobbie

o
RE: How Crazy Is This ...

...it is a money market LOL!

Vera

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here