Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Besides Pasta Goes with Pesto?

Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 23, 08 at 18:39

Posted this mistakenly in the regular wintersowing forum..

I read Bakemom's description of pesto and it sounds delicious. Just wondering.. Does pesto go with other things besides pasta?

Thanks,

Lois in PA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Besides Pasta Goes with Pesto?

It's great mixed into mashed potatoes.

o

Get a store bought pizza crust. Not the pillsbury kind, but the prebaked. Spread a thin layer of pesto on the crust. Add thinly sliced yellow squash and zucchini. Chop some sun dried tomatoes. Add artichoke hearts. If you're a meat eater, sautee some thinly sliced chicken tenderloins in butter and garlic. Add these to the pizza. Cover with lots of fresh mozzarella cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown at 425*.

o

We also do the pizza thing but in a much simpler pizza. Instead of pizza sauce, we use pesto on the bottom. Then chopped onions/peppers (or not) and we use the sliced fresh frozen tomatoes from our summer garden. Top with mozzerella and bake. Excellent!

Since my husband makes our pizza crust, we make up lots of individual pizzas and freeze (unbaked) for quick meals.

o

I had them on my sandwich.
I mix them with olive oil for salad dressing.
when I cook curry, I add some pesto in there too.
I even put some in my white rice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here