Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I Winter Sow Brugmansia ?

Posted by want2plant 6 KY (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 05 at 18:57

Can Brugmansia seeds be winter sow ? This is one plant that I am dying to raise next year :)

Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I Winter Sow Brugmansia ?

Hi, Ann, I'll bet you'd get a lot more responses if you posted this same question on the 'Discussions' side of this forum ;^ ). Besides, I'm interested to know, too. I've got some white Bush Moon Flower (datura?) seeds I want to WS. Good luck with the brugs!
Rain

o

Thank you Rain for your reply :)
Your idea might work . lol I really didn't know where to ask this question . I did ask a question or two over on the brugmansia forum several weeks ago and everyone but one kind person told me to go and read the FAQ's or what ever its called. I am about afraid to ask too many questions anywhere else. lol

o

Ann,
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions on the WS forum...you'll always get helpful, friendly responses here! There is lots of great info in the FAQ's section...I printed it out to use as a guide for my first attempt at WSing last year.

I had great germination with all the WS Daturas, but didn't sow Brugs. I'd think they'd do well also...I'm WSing them this year too. The white 'Belle Blanche' Dats were the first to germinate. The doubles and colored ones sprouted much later. Good luck! : )

o

Thanks KyWildcat2 for your reply .
The white Bella Blanche' sound very pretty . I won a bid on Ebay for 4 rooted Brugs , they was shipped today ( I think ) I can't wait to get them , I want to give them tender loving care this winter .
I have really been studing the FAQ's , trying to soak all of the info into this silly mind of mind. Also been reading alot of the Winter Sowing forums .
Can't wait to get started :)
Thanks for your reply .
Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here