Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wacky Weather

Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 8, 06 at 21:56

Here in NYC, we've not yet had any frosts yet. We've had some nights go down to maybe 37F, but nothing below freezing. The temps have largely stayed in the 50s and 60s. Not a problem; I'm not in love with cold weather.

But my plants don't seem to know what to make of it all. I've got a bleeding heart that bloomed last week, and an echinacea 'Sunset' which has two big, fat buds on it. Both of these were new plants bought this past June (not WSed), and I have to admit that I neglected them horribly - didn't even pot them up until August or September. The gaillardia looks like crap, but it's still pumping out blooms. And the petunias look better now than they have all summer.

How am I supposed to put things to "bed" for the winter if they won't stop blooming?

PV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wacky Weather

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 17, 06 at 12:33

I'm loving it! 65F and I'm planting spring bulbs. I just cut a new bed under an old Cherry Tree, and I'm filling it with bulbs. No frost or rain in the long range forecast.

o
RE: Wacky Weather

Hi PV *waving*
have a Happy Thanksgiving- I heard the weather is getting more 'like winter' up your way- hope you stay 'snug as a bug in a rug' LOL We are hoping to have sunshine and almost 60 degrees today! YAY!!

Are you headed for "hot-lanta" this year? Have a safe and happy holiday.

Linda in Louisville

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here