Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

Best t-shirt/bumper sticker

bakemom_gw
16 years ago

My favorite was in the waiting room while my daughter was in jaw surgery last year (to extend her chin). Some rough looking guy was there with his crew waiting on a relative. His t-shirt was as follows:

Silence is golden

Duct tape is silver.

What's YOUR favorite? Note - some of the best t-shirts are too filthy for this forum. And, I have a funny list of vanity plates rejected by the State of Ohio from 2000 that are hilarious but also not appropriate. So, we have to narrow it down to the (mostly) clean ones.

Given this limitation - can you meet the challenge?

Comments (39)

• littleonefb
    16 years ago

Still believe the best bumper sticker that I've ever seen was on my beloved first owned car. That big Chevy impala I bought used for $250 in 1970. Yup, I'm that old.

I proudly put it on the bumper of my car after the Nixon/Mcgovern election.

Remember now, I'm a New England girl, proud to say, born and bred in Massachusetts.

OH Ya, the bumper sticker read.

DON'T BLAME ME, I'M FROM MASSACHUSETTS

THAT'S REFERRING TO MA BEING THE ONLY STATE THAT VOTED FOR MCGOVERN.

Fran

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

Teaching at a high school I see lots of t-shirts. Here are a few examples I liked.

"Stop animal testing!" This ones shows a rabbit sitting at a school desk taking a test.

"The voices in my head are saying they don't like you."

"Your girlfriend likes me better."

"Your parents worst nightmare."

"Dyslexics of the world untie"
    (Suppposed to be 'unite' for those who don't know what dyslexia is [seeing letter and numbers backwards])

And then there is the one that I have heard of and would like to get for myself:

"I may be fat but you're ugly and I can always lose weight."

• laurelin
    16 years ago

My husband's favorite is a T-shirt with the British Union Jack flag on it. Under the flag it says, "GREECE." I wonder how many geographically-challenged people see that shirt and don't get it. . . .

Laurel

• northforker
    16 years ago

Not funny but important:

With the holiday season starting, I'll share my favorite bumper sticker from the collection I have on a bullitan board in my office:

"Children need your presence not your presents!"

My second favorite is

" Preschool is not BOOT CAMP for Kindergarden"

Nancy

• not_a_contessa
    16 years ago

Great thread, Karen. I have to admit that my favorite t-shirt is this one:

DOES THE NAME PAVLOV RING A BELL?

And to the fellow who asked, they are not a rock band.

My DH and I once wore this shirt to a reunion of my family, it really was fun.

Mary, who trains cats.

• foxglove44
    16 years ago

My son had a T shirt with "The Thinker" on it and it read...Quantum Mareriae Materietur marmota Monax si marmota monax Materiam possit Mareriari?
    That is Latin .. any guesses on what that means???
    Betsy

• not_a_contessa
    16 years ago

Here's my wild guess:

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

• foxglove44
    16 years ago

You are right Contessa!

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

I saw this one on a car bumper........

"Did you know there are motorcycles in heaven"

David's son
    gods triumph

Barb

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

Here's a couple of new bumper stickers seen recently:

Unless you're a tatoo get off my A%%.
    I guess they don't appreciate people riding their bumper.

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them.
    I imagine people who live in high tourist areas sometimes feel like this.

My son was inmate of the month.
    Sad, but probably true.

• Julie
    16 years ago

I am proud to sport the coexist bumper sticker-
    But another FAV of mine is "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

I saw another in the city the other day.

"Why aren't hemoroids called asseroids?"

Good question.

• princess_mimi
    16 years ago

I've never seen it on a t-shirt or bumper sticker but my DH's favorite quote is:

Vegetarians eat vegetables. Humanitarians scare me!

~~Mimi

• girlgroupgirl
    16 years ago

proudgm, that is very funny. I might need to find that for my Mom. Or for my FIL. We'd never get him out of it!!

My favorite bumper sticker right now is the one which says Coexist in various letters signifying various religions. I want one. However, my all time favorite are these old late 60's bumper stickers I had - all of them had Laugh In slogans, and there is one "Down With Pants". Part of the old protest sign era thing.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be Happy". A Ben Franklin quote. And that is a popular t-shirt where I live (my neighborhood is populated with bars and nightclubs)...I get a chuckle when I see it.

GGG

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

GGG, you made me think of ones I remember from the 70s.

'Save water, shower with a friend.'

'Save a tree, eat a beaver.'

• silverwind
    16 years ago

Oddly enough, a bumpersticker/school 'honor student' type still makes me giggle... and exasperated, at the same time.

"Proud Parent of an Honor Student at 'Our Lady of Humility'"

I'll have to cull through my list of other shirts and stickers... I have a habit of finding the filthy ones. ^_^;

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Lots of really good ones so far! My favorite though being from Niagara Falls is Proudgm's
    "If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them."
    Try to remember- if your in a tourist area and it is morning commute hours and you are driving below the speed limit especially in the left lane because you don't have a clue where you are going, move over and let the local get by you!!
    My friend's husband once bought a van that came with the bumper sticker "die yuppie scum" LOL!
    I just picked up a beware of sign. Once spring comes I'll put it on the gate. It says, "Beware of attack gardener" : )
    Remy

• carla17
    16 years ago

proudgm, I really like those.

Carla

• drippy
    16 years ago

Being a musician and music educator, subject to the sounds of developing young musicians, I like the t-shirt that says:

"Tune it or DIE!!!"

• loveofmylife680
    16 years ago

Seen one the other day that was so funny " Vote for Monica Lewinsky Ex-boyfriends Wife"

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I read this one just yesterday on a bumper sticker.They say I need help for my mental illness BUT,I am enjoying every minute of it'

moonphase

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

My favorite is "I love cats....they taste like chicken"

jim_6b

• Ann
    14 years ago

My favorite recently was a shirt with a chick wearing glasses and underneath "Smart Chick". I have to get one for each of my girls...

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

I saw this one a couple of years ago.
    Plant a tree, get rid of a Bush.
    cAROL

• mastergarder2003
    14 years ago

I love to drive and enjoy the ride sometimes the back way, you know looking at the beautiful shy and flowers and trees in bloom in spring well I want this bummper sticker I saw once time but cant find it. MEAN PEOPLE SUCK! WELL that would be good but I didn't think I could have that on my car pulling into church on Sunday.

• brandymulvaine
    14 years ago

I always wanted to get my mom a shirt to wear to work that said "Don't pi$$ me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies!"
    -B

• drippy
    14 years ago

Sent to me by a friend; needs to be on a bumper sticker around here: "Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to meet him today."

• PVick
    14 years ago

OK, not too filthy, I hope:

I had/have a t-shirt with a picture of a sailing boat on it - the thing couldn't fit on my thumb now, but I keep it anyway. It said -

NO FRIGGIN IN THE RIGGIN!

And, having been born and raised in the US Virgin Islands, an old car had vanity plates that read:

TRY A VIRGIN

(My ex's idea - not mine!) The car got stolen, but about 4 years later, they found one of the plates and returned it to me. Something else to add to the clutter around here ...

PV

• tomva
    13 years ago

I saw this today on the back of a vehicle,and made me chuckle,this is for the nascar fans it read IM NOT SPEEDING IM QUALIFYING!!!!

• beck_wi
    13 years ago

I saw one the other day that made me chuckle... You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.
    disclaimer; I do not post this to get into any sort of political debate-- I just thought it was funny.

I love the little Calvin guy who pees on stuff. Its fun to see what the owner hates the most. lol

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, my favorite court t-shirts were the guys facing drug charges with a Bob Marley t-shirt depicting Bob with a huge joint in his mouth. Not kidding. Take a plea. You do not want a jury to see that you moron.

• mmqchdygg
    13 years ago

Caution! I brake for Elves Fairies, Gnomes, Leprechauns, Unicorns, Dragons & other invisible creatures that only i can see

(which I thought was perfect for those times when you just want to get someone off your a$$ who's following too close and need an "excuse" when he actually DOES plow into you after the brake-check.)

• drippy
    13 years ago

I substitute teach in middle school. A jar that sits on the 8th grade English teacher's desk bears this missive:

Ashes of Problem Students

(not a bumper sticker, I know, but I thought it was worth sharing.)

• bgrow_gardens
    13 years ago

Well I have three favorites at the moment...

Vegetarian is an Indian word for bad hunter

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made 'em out of meat.

my favorite is on a t-shirt my daughter wears occasionally.

You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

bgrow_gardens

• tlowery04
    13 years ago

i have a few favorites i used to wear at the bar i worked at.

Some say beer will make you dumb.
    It are go good with pizza.

Jesus is coming, look busy!

Too many freaks, too few circuses.

I like to sing and drink scotch,
    most people would rather hear me drink scotch.

and finally,

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

• dirtbert
    13 years ago

I like to wear a goofy t-shirt every Friday to work (office setting), here are a few of my favorites:

Teamwork: A bunch of people doing what I tell them to do.

(picture of a stick person with their fingers in their ears) caption reads: I think it's funny how you think I'm listening to you.

I used to care, now I take a pill for that.

Got Chocolate?

(in letters that progressively get smaller) By the time you realize this tshirt really doesn't say anything it will be way to late to stop reading.

And your crybaby excuse would be?

You don't have to be crazy to work here. They will train you.

The internet was down so I decide to come outside.

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Love the t-shirt messages dirtbert. Where do you work?

No bumper stickers on our car but like to read them.

• booberry85
    13 years ago

A couple favorites I've seen are:
    "Good girls are better liars"
    "Give me coffee (or suffer the consequences!)"
    "gnireenigne esrever"

• october17
    12 years ago

Mine faded but I'm getting another one some day:

Evolution. It's just a theory. Kind of like gravity.

Sponsored