Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what music do you ws to?

Posted by bakemom z6 Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 27, 05 at 6:02

I love the Moody Blues, Chicago and Todd Rungren.

What do YOU love to garden to?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what music do you ws to?

My taste in music is like a cottage garden:
The London Symphony Orchestra "Angels"
The Harry Simeone Chorale "The Little Drummer Boy"
Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir"
The Police "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
Rod Stewart's entire "Every Picture Tells a Story" cd
Shania Twain "Man, I Feel Like A Woman!"
Van Halen's "5150"
Journey, Dixie Chicks, Tori Amos, Alanis Morisette, K D Lang, Hootie, Clapton, Raitt, Joan Osborne, and the sound track from "Oh Brother Where Art Thou".

Mary

o

Grand Funk, Bad Company and Dwight Yokum. Love to dance around. WS'd today! It's 40 degrees here! Hooray!

o

I'm in a Chris Isaak mood right now (and who wouldn't be?) so he'll probably be helping me start the winter sowing.

o

I rev it up with Meatloaf.

o

This year I will probably be sowing to the sounds of Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine. I'd sow during naptime but by the time it rolls around I usually need one too.

o

Lol, I got so caught up with my first time wintersowing on the solstice that I forgot the music! When I start seeds indoors I usually play the same music that I do when I cook: Ramones, Ani DiFranco, Chieftains, Rollins Band, and Yat Kha (in no particular order).

o

This year, I'm starting off with the new Paul McCartney (squeeeeeal!!!) album my daughter got me for Christmas...
"Miles and miles of English gardens
Stretching past the willow tree
Lines of hollyhocks and roses
Listen most attentively..." sigh...
:o)

o

We got Napster recently, and I got a new mp3 player =) It is about the size of a bic lighter and comes with a lanyard, and I use it whenever I WS. Right now its got a weird mix...
Tori Amos
AFI
Slipknot
Dream Theater
Candlebox
Violent Femmes
The White Stripes
NIN
Marylin Manson
Chevelle
Jane's Addiction

Lots of times, if its just me at home, I just put Scarlet's Walk in the stereo and sing along when I sow =)

GW

o

Because I tend to get in a musical rut and stay there for a bit, my WSing this year is accompanied by New Order "Lies and Corruption" and Massive Attack "Mezzanine". I'm sure I will be throwing some U2 in there as they are my lifetime favorite, ever since I went to see them at a small club and they backed out of playing.

o

Me I like
Poison Ivy
Love Potion Number Nine
All the Girl Group Songs
In fact I love all the oldies. I got the Satellite for my car and when I drive up to CT to visit my daughter and her family I am just ROCKING up the ol' Garden State Parkway! The Little Old Lady from Pasadena has nothing on me!
Not to mention when I am winter sowing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here