Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody got an (easy) to-die-for Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe?

Posted by mmqchdygg Z5NH (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 5, 06 at 10:14

In addition to previously having a brown thumb, I also can't cook to save my life.
I just made "No fail" fudge last night from the back of the Fluff container...imagine that, it IS no-fail!!!

Husband loves PB fudge.
Got an easy, awesome recipe that I can't screw up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody got an (easy) to-die-for Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe?

I haven't tried this yet but it looks easy enough.

Here is a link that might be useful: Microwave PB Fudge

o

Thanks! How convenient that it's on TONIGHT at 7pm on the food network!

This is good, because one of the reviews said there seemed to be something wrong with the ingredients list, as she followed it EXACTLY, and I also noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of butter in the PB (1 whole CUP) vs. the Choc. Fudge, which was only 3 TABLESPOONS. Must watch to confirm ingredients list.

o

Here is mine that I make a lot!

1- 18 OZ jar of Peanut Butter
1 stick margarine-or 1/2 cup margarine
1 ts vanilla
3 to 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar-almost 1 LB

Place PB and margarine in microwavable bowl, and warm it, watching and stirring it, so it will not scorch around the edges.

Add vanilla, and 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and mix well with beater. Continue to add powdered sugar, until it seems that no more will mix into the mixture. It will be a crumbly mixture. Pour into 8X8 baking dish (or similar) and use a large spoon or a glass with a smooth rounded bottom to press out flat.

Walla---Perfect every time...the secret is to not add too much powdered sugar too quickly, or it will not all mix in.

You can also make it with crunchy peanut butter, but it will take considerably less powdered sugar.

Sue

o

• Posted by nurmey 5 Omaha, NE (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 8, 06 at 11:25

There is a recipe for fudge using choc chips, condensed milk, and vanilla. I also use the same recipe with all the other flavored chips including mint and peanut butter chips. It's so easy I usally make up several flavors at one time.

18 ounces chocolate chips (milk choc, semi-sweet, or other flavor)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
Dash salt
1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with sweetended condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts (optional) and vanilla. Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8- or 9-inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper and cut into squares. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

o

Wasn't planning on making fudge but these all sound so good, I think I have to. LOL!
Monica

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here