Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good bye Dad

Posted by rich_manure z6 SEMA (richdelmo@aol.com) on
Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 10:43

My dad passed away Monday evening after a short but very tough battle with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease. He was 89 and lived a good life. He tried so hard to adapt to life style changes this disease brought to him. He fought harder than you could imagine but this brutal disease never loses. He will be sorely missed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good bye Dad

I'm so sorry, Rich.

Karen

o

Rich, I'm so sorry. Perhaps you can winter sow something known for its adaptability in his honor?

Seedmama

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 11:20

Thinking of you.

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 11:31

Rich, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to let go of the old folks in our lives, I'm sure you'll miss him always. Please take some comfort in knowing he is beyond the reach of this terrible illness - my neighbor lost her mother to ALS a few years ago and it's a particularly difficult disease. I extend my sincere sympathy to you and your family.

o

I'm sorry for your loss.
Blessings for you and your family.
Bonnie

o

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Joann

o

Rich, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and comforting thoughts your way.

I lost my dad in 2005 and discovered winter sowing that winter. My dad loved to grow things from seed so winter sowing is a way for me to remember and connect to him.

o

Rich
It always a very bad time when we lose our parents.
No words can sooth the pain. He is now in a better place.
My thoughts are with you.
Ron

o

The loss of a parent is a great sadness. I send my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Bobbie

o

Big Hugs Rich,
I'm sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you!!
Wendey

o

Rich,
I have never 'spoken' to you before, but I want to offer my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your Father. My sympathies to you and all who loved him.
gg

o

Rich - I'm so sorry for your loss. Hold tight to precious memories. (((Rich)))
Debra

o

Dear Rich,

I truly hope that you find comfort in your memories of such a precious father. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your loved ones.

Nicole.

o

Rich, you're in our thoughts at this sad time.

Mary

o

Rich,

You are in my thoughts as well. Plant a garden in his memory, plants that will remind you of your father and the love you have for him.

Fran

o

(((((RICH))))) hugs to ya,
My Dad passed 2 years ago from a 9 month battle with cancer, (it still hurts) I also just lost one of my best friends to cancer last week, she was only 59 "( They will always be with us in our hearts & in spirit, & we will see then again in a better place.
Jan

o

Ron,

Thank you for sharing about the loss of your Dad. My father passed away suddenly a couple of months ago, and I am still dealing grieving, so I know how much it means to have the thoughts and prayers of those you are close to.

I will add you to my prayer list.

Bonnie

o

Rich, I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you, your family, and all who knew and loved your father.

God bless,
Dee

o

So very sorry for your loss, Rich.
My thoughts are with you.

o

Rich, my prayers are for, may God bless and keep you in peace.

o

Rich,

I am so sorry for the loss of your father..Big Hug to you from WI ....Barb

o

Rich, I too don't "know" you but know the loss of a parent.

That is what led me to gardening and I feel my mother with me doing anything that brings something of beauty to life.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

It's very hard but we can't change it. I hold tight (probably too tight) to my Dad. When they're of the "very good guy" kind it's hard to think of life without them.

Hang in there and may you find solace in things that bring joy into your life.

o

• Posted by trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 15:16

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost both my folks, Pop has been gone nearly twenty years and Mom over ten. There is recovery, there will be bad days for you in the next few years, but over time the tears and agony seem to come less and not hurt so deeply, you recover quicker from the wound of emptiness.

Planting a memorial garden or tree and/or making truly beneficial donations in your father's name will help fill a lot of the void.

o

So sorry to hear about your dad. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. --Laura

o

My deepest condolences to you and your family Rich.

Alberta

o

Rich, I'm saying a prayer for your family. Nikki

o

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. Yesterday the military played taps at the funeral and presented me with a folded American flag. Dad served in the army and earned a purple heart in WWII, the presentation was so moving. Thank you again and may good health and peace be with you and your families.

o

I am sorry for your loss and hope that fond memories bring peace in your heart.

o

Rich - My heart goes out to you and your family - I am so sorry for your Dad's passing......

Love, Carrie

o

Rich,I am so sorry to come here and read this about your dad passing.I lost my bro in 2004 also to this terrible disease.I was thankful he never had to suffer long,as I have seen some pts. do.You and your family will surely be in my prayers.God will surely give you the help you need.
moonphase

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here