Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
has anyone started wintersowing yet??

Posted by summerfireflys z5 mi (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 6, 05 at 13:19

has anyone started ws yet? this is my 1st year and iam getting the itch to start. i wonder if i should wait 2-3 weeks. iam in michigan so its winter here already.
lmk
thanks
firefly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: has anyone started wintersowing yet??

I started last week. I couldn't wait. I am so excited. Shannon

o

Up there in zone 5, you should be good to go. I doubt warm weather will roll in now!! Scratch that itch!! I started here in zone 7b, but only the ones that need stratification or some other pre treatment. Have fun!

Nancy

o

Funny thing is that most Zone 5'rs are feeling like they are in Zone 7 this winter.....

o

Really too. I haven't started yet. I thought I was too busy, but maybe it was intuition...lol...last week topped out at 60 degrees! My poor iris's got confused, and thought it was spring!

~Kim

o

Kim, I think the "little men in the white coats" are coming for my forsythia. they had yellow flowers on them for the third time since Dec. Now it's freezing out again and they are talking about 50's near 60 on Sat. then more rain and maybe a bit of snow on sunday. It's Tuesday that could be a real big storm, maybe a white noreaster. Ya right.
Haven't started yet, vowed I would wait till Feb. like I did last year and ended up with way, way more seedlings than I could even give away.
Maybe I'll start this weekend before the big snowstorm. LOL
Fran

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here