Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

60 Degree temps here for the next week!

That is so unseasonably warm her for this time of year.

Anyone else enjoying nicer than usual temps in mid December?

Hope so!

Sue

Comments (6)

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

Not really, Sue.
    I can't help but worry about the global warming and how hot it will be next summer. It was awfully hot this summer for the longest time. The plants didn't know how to behave. Everything went out of wack.

I also don't know what to do in the garden in this weather. Can't go get manure or mulch because it is soaking wet. Can't go dig in the garden because it is waterlogged. Don't want to sow seeds yet because they might sprout then freeze. My Dahlia tubers are sprouting right and left. I am afraid my spring bulbs will push through and then get zapped later on.

I know what I'll do; I'll direct sow something! Yup.

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Yeah Sue considering Christmas will all come to soon the weather is wacky we got snow and a nice freeze , then it warms up. If I wasn't so behind with Christmas stuff I'd contemplate putting more bulbs in. :)
    Monica

• littleonefb
    17 years ago

Here too in Ma. today in the 50's, by sunday 60 or more and by wednesday of next week could be snow. My dwarf snapdragons are blooming again and the forsythia have no leaves but yellow flowers on them.
    This is nuts and sure looks like global warming to me.

Fran

• laurelin
    17 years ago

It's very warm up here too - 50s yesterday, and already 45 at 8AM today. Someone at our church divided a bed of daffodils a couple weeks ago and donated a very large box of them to our church landscape. I couldn't plant them last week (I was sick), but I just can't waste them. I know it's really too late to plant daffs, but it's really WARM here (the ground isn't even close to frozen). And, there's NO chance of these growing in the box (LOL), so I went ahead and planted about half of them yesterday, many of them in a sunny sheltered location, the rest in full sun. I don't know if I'll get the other half in the ground today or not, but I'll give it a shot. I hope to be pleasantly surprised in the spring with drifts of yellow.

Laurel

• mrsgalihad
    17 years ago

I don't know about enjoying it. I'm with those who are concerned.

But it certianly is convienient for me. My DH is away till the 22nd and I don't drive so my only transportation is a bike or my feet. It's certianly a lot more pleasant to be out in 50 degree weather than in 30 degrees.

• netwiz
    17 years ago

I don't know if it will make anyone feel better but this year is El Nino which can cause milder temps and other weather fluctuations. I'm not discounting global warming but the present weather does have a reasonable explanation for it.

Joanne

P.S. My concerns with El Nino are WS related. Will the unpredictable weather wreak havic on my seeds?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.elnino.noaa.gov/

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County