Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Newbie packs for sasbe

Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 21, 12 at 13:18

Donations continue to fly in. I have tons of packs ready to go. SASBE with 4 stamps for the return trip.

I also have more veggie packs. IF YOU WANT BOTH YOU MUST INCLUDE A NOTE AND EXTRA POSTAGE!!!

Be mindful of the new postal rates.

Minimum - 20 packs of flowers and 10 packs of veggies. All are my choice. Unblock your email please. Let's go!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Newbie packs for sasbe

• Posted by ivyp 8 oregon (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 22, 12 at 0:35

I am not a newbie but have just go my mom into gardening and wintersowing . Could I get some flowers and veggies on her behalf?
Thank you
Ivy

o

I am interested in both the veggies and the flowers. How much extra postage would be needed?

o

Hey, Bakemom,
did you get my envelope?
Mailed Jan 14.

anxiously waiting,
ellen
:)

o

I sent you an email! Thanks!

o

I posted in the other thread but didn't get an email from you. I'd still love to get some! My email is saponaria@gmail.com

o

I would like veggies and flowers.

Thank you so much.

o

please send me an email I would like to get Veggies and Flowers.

o

I'm sending an email - I'd love veggies and flowers

o

I would love to get some flower seeds. I'm sending you an email.

o

I just sent you a SASBE with a request for both veggies and flowers. Thank you so much! I can't wait to grow my first vegetables from seed!

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 18:07

Both flower & veggie packs, please... for children's gardens I'm planting at our year round camp for school age daycare & summer campers. If you have more veggie, then just send 2 veggie packs.

Will send SASBE, note & extra stamps to your address as before since I did a flower pack in December.

Thanks, Corrine

o

Will someone tell me how this works step by step? I'm new at ws and would looove flower and veggie seeds. What do i do??

o

Bakemom,
could you pls double-check and see if you may have misplaced my envelope?
[ellen rosner, in highland park NJ]

I don't think it was lost in the mail as I had a return address on it.

I'd really like to get the seeds.

thanks,
ellen

o

WOO-HOO!
got 'em. Thank you Bakemom.

what a beautiful array of seeds and seed packets.
And the little packets have sayings and pretty designs.

what a job Bakemom, thank you thank you. and all my workshop participants thank you.

ellen-happy dancing and I haven't even sowed anything yet. :)

o

Hiya! I would love both if there are any left! Thanks a bunch! :)

o

Got my seeds today! Thanks so much! The vegetable seeds were an unexpected pleasant surprise. I am anxious to get outside and get them sown!

o
hold off on veggies

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 27, 12 at 17:13

no more veggie requests right now. Still plenty of flowers for 4 stamps for the return trip.

o

Hi Bakemom! I replied on another thread, but not sure you got it. I'd definitely appreciate some flower seeds. Thanks so much! :-)

o

I hope you got my envelope before you ran out of veggies, If not could you send a list of appropriate seeds and I'll buy some. I sent some extra stamps if you need for someone else.

Marla

o

Hi Bakemom!

If your awesome (!) offer is still live, I would love to take you up on flower seeds. Forgive the newbie-ness, but is there a particular kind of envelope I'll need to send? This'll be both my first SASBE and my first crack at wintersowing.

Thanks for the offer and the guidance (and, hopefully, the seeds!). :]

--Elle

o

My seeds arrived today!!! Thank you so much!!!
Can't wait 'til the weekend so that I can sow some!
I really appreciate your efforts to organize this and everyone's generosity to contribute!
Michelle

o

Got my wonderful package today! Thank you so much for the fabulous array of goodies. I'm like a kid on Christmas looking up each variety and seeing what I can winter sow! Thank you so much for your time and effort!

o

Well I am not a new newbie, but we moved and I lost all I had. If you have any flower seeds left, I would love some. Please let me know if you have any left.

Thank you
Malinda

o

I got your plump packet of flower and veggie seeds today. It has been a delight to sort through and think about where and how to use them.

Thank you!

o

Thank you so much for organizing this, bakemom! And thanks to all the seed donors!

I'm now ready to grow my first watermelon this year!

o

Karen-
Thanks - I got my seeds yesterday and you are so generous! This must be a full time job for you... and so organized.
Fate must have told you to send me Blackberry lily seeds because I really wanted them and couldn't find any. Thanks again

o
flowers only for now

Thu, Feb 2, 12 at 15:44

Lots of flower packs left...keep your posts coming!

o

Would love any extra seeds you have. Thank you so much for doing this!

o

bakemom,
I picked up some seeds today.As well as a bag of 15 bean dried bean soup mix I'm going to try to grow some of.I would like to send you the extras ,once I am finished planting.
I think I still have your email and add.I saved most of the envelopes I got when I first got started, and all emails . So when I got to where I could kinda "pay back "I would know who all the wonderful people who helped me get started here.
I have had such a wonderful time trading seeds,It has been wonderful.I am seldom on now , due to health and raising 3 grandsons for the time being I seldom have time to do my things!

o

I am a complete newbie and have stumbled across wintersowing and have been lurking - I'd love some seeds - veggies and flowers! Just let me know where to send my envelopes :)

As an aside, and it seems everyone is dealing with this - yesterday afternoon i stepped out of my office and it was downright HOT. chilly at night, so i'm presuming it's still okay to begin wintersowing......?

o

Karen,
I got my package today, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! You were so generous with your seeds, I wanted to let you know how much I truly appreciate you. I cant wait to get these seeds growing. Thank you again,
Malinda

o

I too am a complete newbie. Is there still time to get in on this wonderful offer?

o
More ready to go

Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 11:21

I have a ton more packs including some veggies. Please post and unblock your mail. 4 stamps for flowers and three extra for flowers and veggies. If you want both, include a note. If you don't have a bubble mailer, I can provide a ratty one. They work, but they are ugly. Make sure to include a mailing label.

o

Posted once but I am not sure if I am getting all my messages! I get some but not all. Off to try a direct message. Thank you so much for doing this!

o

Oh, I'm so glad to see that you have more. I'm a newbie to growing plants from seed, but have been doing tons of research on winter sowing. I've been saving containers and am ready to start. I would love to have some seeds sent both flower and veggies. I don't have a bubble envelope but don't mind ratty. Thanks for this service. I am so excited.

o

Received my packets yesterday. It SERIOUSLY felt like Christmas. Thank you soooo much! I look forward to contributing next year! :)

o

The mailman just dropped off my packet, and I could hardly contain myself while opening it! I am thrilled! There are some seeds in there I was going to order but hadn't 'jumped' on them! Thank you so much to bakemon and all of those who donated seeds. There was some serious time put into the gathering and labeling of those seeds!

Off to start sowing!

Thank you all!

o

Thank you for the seed package! It arrived today & had so many things I wanted but couldn't afford right now. I can't wait to plant. What a lovely gift! Fallon

o

Oh my gosh! Do you have any more packs to give away? I saw you responded to my introduction post, this is such a wonderful project - especially awesome for those of us who are new to gardening and super excited!
My email is unblocked!

o

If there are still packs to give away, I'd be interested. I also have seeds to donate if you are accepting incoming seeds.

Thanks!

o

This is my first vegetable garden and New flower beds. If you have any seeds left I would appreciate them. Next year I will share too.

Thank you

o

Hi Bakemom I would love to get in on this action :) if you are still able to that is, i totally forget how the eail un-blocking works so I may have to come back and post it....Thank you so much for all of your time and effort!

o

Hi bakemom-I received my newbie pack today. HOLY COW! I had no idea so many seeds would be included! THANK YOU to you and all the seed donors!! I am amazed and blessed by all your generosity!

I have been taking a class to learn the botanical names of some of New Englands most popular flowers, and so many of the seeds included either have been or will be included in the class. I am learning quickly!!!

o

Thank-you Bakemom and all seed donors! My package arrived today stuffed full of wonderful seeds both veggies and flowers. I have a lot of work ahead of me and am so excited to get growing!

o

Bakemom, this is a wonderful program you're doing! I too am a long time gardener, but am also a lifelong learner so am looking forward to this WSing adventure!

I've got all I think I can manage for this year, but I'm currently cleaning the last of my seed from 2011 so can I still donate, or is it too late now?

Sunflower, mixed color & size, 4'-10'
Marigold, Fr.Signet type Lemon Gem
Lettuce, variety of types

Right now it looks like these are what I'll have plenty of to share but there may be some other odds & ends if you can still use them.

Thanks for sharing your gardening experience here. I'm just in awe at the blessing these forums are for so many gardeners, especially those that are new to it, but also for us golden oldies!

o

Hi bakemon-requesting seeds for flowers and veggies if you still have.Thank you in advance to you and your "suppliers" for this opportunity.

o

Bakemom-I received your generous package today. All I can say is WOW and thanks!!

o

Thank you bakemom, thank you! I got all kinds of flowers etc that I don't have yet. Much appreciated.

o

If there is anything left I'd be happy to SASBE, just email me!

o

hi Bakemom,
Do you have anymore seeds for SASBE, i have extra seeds that i have no use for and can send them over for you to give out to others for donations.
i have flower seeds but no veggie seeds.
i am interested in flower seeds.Thanks!
Winnie

o

Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 13:53

The Newbie project hasn't started yet for 2012. Keep your eyes peeled for a post. Remember to unblock your email.

o

If I could participate, it sure would help! Both veggies and flowers would be wondereful. thanks your for your generosity! Please let me know you're address. I can be reached at jasmin.decourcey@gmail.com

o

Hi, not a newbie, but looking for veggie seeds for my zoo, we are experimenting with growing veggies and herbs for our animals, in particular any greens.
Thanks
Katie

o

Any seeds left per chance?

o

I would also like know if there are any left :)

Thanks,
Alicia

o

i would like to know if there are any left i only like the vegetables

o

i would like to know if there are any left i only like the vegetables

o

I am a newbie and am interested in vegetable and flower seeds if still available. Thank you. :)

o

are there any packs left? summer

o

Thank you bakemom! I received my package full of seeds today. I can't wait to try winter sowing. :)

o

are there any packs available?

o

Hi Bakemom,

I am a newbie who is super excited to start a container garden. If you have any seeds available for SASBE I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time!

Best,
Otefft

o

Could you tell me how this works? This is my first time on Gardenweb and I need help from the experts to get my garden/landscaping going on our new acreage.
Thanks!

o

Bless you Bakemom! If you have some still available, I would be so grateful! Thanks so much :)

o

This is amazing! If you have any more that you could spare, I would love the flower and vegetable pack. I'll shoot you an email!

o

Hi Bakemom,

Are there any seed packs left?

Thanks

o

Hi do you have any packets for winter left?

o

Hello Bakemom, I am starting my first garden this fall (as in, right now!) and am looking forward to eating all kinds of yummy vegetables for the holidays! I am especially excited about unusual varieties. I would appreciate anything you could contribute. I suppose you'll send me an email, but let me know how the process works.

Thanks for your generosity!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here