Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

have: newbie seed packs for sasbe

bakemom_gw
16 years ago

Newbie Seed Project 2007-08 has begun! This is my personal project to get as many seeds as I possibly can into the hands of new or inexperienced gardeners. My goal is to distribute 1000 packs of seeds this year. Here are my rules:

A SASBE is a self-addressed stamped bubble wrapped envelope. Please enclose at least 3 stamps and an address label. Insert a note with your email address so I can let you know your SASBE is on its way. I will insert the seeds  my choice and at least 10 packs along with a note with my email address requesting notification of when you package is sent.

Please do not answer this post unless you are serious about sending a SASBE. I keep the seeds set aside for 14 days and then back into the hopper they go.

Do not hesitate to ask questions. ItÂs a good idea to update your trade and member page so I can get an idea of the conditions you garden in and the types of flowers you like and already have. Make sure your email address is unblocked so I can reply to your request.

Enjoy!

Comments (109)

• reginaaginar
    16 years ago

Hi Bakemom,
    Wow! What an inspiration you are to newbies like me!!
    You are like a God send gift. :)
    I would appreciate veggies and herb seeds ....i.e. if I am not already too late.
    Do let me know and I will send the SASBE.
    Thanks
    Regina
    rannir2@yahoo.com

• cista
    16 years ago

Another newbie here. I only have a few daylilies and ornamental grasses in my flower beds right now(new house and somewhat new to gardening) and would love to have whatever you can send.

Thanks!

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cista, your email is blocked and I am unable to contact you through your member page. Email me directly at:

kcmccoyesq@aol.com

• thelwig55
    16 years ago

I would love to be apart of your newbie project, I am pretty new to seed growing and never did winter sowing, but want to try, been saving jugs and such. If the offer is still available, will send out SASBE.
    Thank you for doing this, my e-mail should not be blocked
    Tammy

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Keep the posts coming. There is plenty of seed for all.

• misha35
    16 years ago

Bakemom, I would love to have some seeds if they are still available. I have recently moved in to a new home in the middle of the woods. There has never been a garden here. We are broke from building the house, so seeds are the only way I will probably get anything going here. I have been researching wintersowing for a few weeks and if sounds like something I want to try. Would it work here in East Texas? We can have some very warm winter days. Would the plants cook if I put them in milk cartons? I have been saving them to try with the winter sowing. My address is: tameshab@consolidated.net in case I am blocked. I don't think I am.

• molanic
    16 years ago

This will be my first year winter sowing so I would love some seeds. I also have some I collected that I would like to donate to this newbie project and Trudi's wintersown site. I have a bunch of packets prepped and ready to go. I just need to know where to send them. Can I send donations in a box and just put an empty bubble envelope and postage inside to get some seeds back?

I updated my exchange page with my "want" list, but I am pretty much up for anything. I tested sending myself a message with the form and it seems to work.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade Page

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Molanic, your email is blocked. I was unable to contact you through your member page as my email was detected as spam. email me directly, at:

kcmccoyesq@aol.com

• avoirgold
    16 years ago

I'm game.

jlsmith0519 at gmail dot com

• saxophonegirll
    16 years ago

im new and starting an unheated greenhouse..please email me if u can help me with some starter seeds!
    saxophonegirll@yahoo.com

• rachel528
    16 years ago

sending you an email!
    rachey528

• redemption33
    16 years ago

Hello Bakemom. I would like to join in this but I am not sure how to tell what my planting needs are. I could post a couple of pics in a few days to show the yards,would that help... before I send you the preaddressed bubble mailer.

Sincerelly,
    Jeff

• barefoot_gardener
    16 years ago

Would love anything you have to offer! My SASBE is on its way...Thanks!

• chrisd4421
    16 years ago

I am new....I posted on the other thread before I found this one. I would love to send a SASBE....my e-mail is unblocked (I think). Please let me know where to send it.

Thank you for all the effort you are putting in for newbies!!! (and to all those who have donated)

Chris
    cdonzella@comcast.net

• daffodillady
    16 years ago

I would also love a newbie pack!! I am new to gardening and to winter-sowing. I am particularily open to ideals for my dry(drought?)dappled shade hill-side. Many thanks to you.

• dirt_yfingernails
    16 years ago

Bakemom,
    You are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Received my MORE than generous envelope from you. It quite literally took my breath away. I am so excited now, can't wait until the spring thaw comes!

• g3neenkp
    16 years ago

hello
    i hope my mail is unblocked. posted on the wrong forum.
    yes im quite the newb. tell me what i need to do and i'll do it. i'm so excited about trying this out. i'm in zone 5
    looking for things that will do good in part shade,also a few veggies.

thank you sooo much
    colleen

• iibex
    16 years ago

Bakemom,

I am new to winter sowing and would love a newbie pack, especially any veggies you may have for zone 4!

Thanks!!

• maimeoangels
    16 years ago

Hi Bakemom....still got some newbie packs left? Oh I hope so, cause I would so greatly appreciate one. Just a newbie, I'm not sure if or how to unblock my email, so I'll send you an email also.
    Thanks and God bless,
    Maimeo Angels

• gardenluv
    16 years ago

Bakemom, I received one of your packs back in 2006 and absolutely loved it! I have a friend who just moved onto an acre lot of dirt who I know would love a newbie pack of seeds. She doesn't have access to a computer so would it be okay if I asked you for one to give to her? Let me know. Thanks!

• private_anonymous_com
    16 years ago

Bakemom,

Are there any more newbie packs? I'm a beginning gardener and would like one if possible.

Thanks! :O))).

Here is a link that might be useful: Soleado's Member Page

• jessica315
    16 years ago

I am interested in getting newbie seeds,if you still have some. I am anxious to try anything! My 8 year old daughter would love some milkweed if you have any!

Jessica

• blueswan08
    16 years ago

I was wondering if you have any newbie seeds packs left.????sunny

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Hello, I am a 2 year gardener now and so proud of it, loving this with my 4 year old grandson, I have never winter sown, don't know what to plant and what not too, if you have any extras, I would love to try it soo much, thanks, Lisa please send me your addy

• chrisd4421
    16 years ago

Bakemom,
    Thank you so much for the seed....they are wonderful!! They arrived today and I could not wait ot look through them.

Thank so much!
    Chris (chrisd4421)

• matilda_spirit
    16 years ago

Hi there,
    I am in the same city as you and I would love to receive a newbie seed pack!I am new on the forum, so not sure how to contact you, or unblock my email address. I will post this first and then try and figure it out, or hopefully someone can tell me how to do this.

thankyou so very much.
    I think your project is so generous and very exciting.

Matilda_spirit

• newgardener_tx
    16 years ago

Bakemom,
    You are doing great project. Could you send me some seeds? I never winter sow before . Thank you. I sent an email to you AOL email. Thank you.
    New gardener

• dafygardennut
    16 years ago

If you still have seeds available, I would love some for either part shade or full sun areas. My email should be unblocked.

thank you

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dafy, your email is blocked. I will try and contact you through your member page. In the meantime, email me directly at: kcmccoyesq@aol.com

• caroline_2008
    16 years ago

Hi there bakermom, I posted in the winter sowing forum and just now found this forum, You are the greatest queen of flowers and veges, I will send my sasbe tomorrow. Pleas give me an address to send it to. I am zone 7 NW Okla. and would like seeds for sun. Thank you so very much for all you do for all the gardeners nation wide. This is my first season for winter sowing.

• caroline_2008
    16 years ago

Alright, I sent you an email, still don't know how to get my email unblocked, still trying to find a way, Sorry for all the trouble of a lot of us. You sure don't need that , with all the rest you have to deal with Sorry .

• daffodillady
    16 years ago

Hi Karen,
    Got the seeds today....so generous...had a blast looking through them....4 times so far...WS 3 packs already-lol!!..this is so fun and I love telling people in my church that have never heard of WS about the things that I am learning...Thanks again!! GWs are the bestest!!

• dafygardennut
    16 years ago

Thanks Bakemom, I've been having email issues. I got the email and sent out my SASBE.

Dafy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    16 years ago

i am def. a newbie and would love to particapate in sesbe .please advise
    Lisa

• bamabug
    16 years ago

I've been lurking for a while but just joined today. I'd love to participate if it isn't too late. What a wonderful project for you to take on bakemom! WS'ers are a great bunch of people. :)
    I think I have my email unblocked.
    Thanks!

• cass_fritillary
    16 years ago

Bakemom,

I went to the member page and checked the box about showing my email to members. Is that all I'm supposed to do to unblock it? I thought I originally did that so maybe there's something else I need to do to unblock my email. I am sending my sasbe today!

Thanks,
    Cassie

• shir18
    16 years ago

Hi, Bakemom, I'm interested in the newbie seeds.

Jess

• love2b_home
    16 years ago

Bakemom,
    I am new to winter sowing and would love a newbie pack, especially any veggies or shade plants you may have for zone 3. Thank you.

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

love2b_home, your email is blocked.

Folks, the project is temporarily shut down until all outstanding requests are honored and I can evaluate how much seed I have left. I will post when things are under control. I am still accepting donations until 2/14.

• carla17
    16 years ago

Bakemom, do you have any packets left?

Thanks,
    Carla

• dafygardennut
    16 years ago

got the seeds today - WOW! Now I just need to look up what some of these are :-)

Thanks Bakemom!

• spartangardener
    16 years ago

I have a gallon ziploc of seed for you. Send me an email with your address and I'll send it to you this week.

SG

• eyekwahd
    16 years ago

I am retired with 3 acres of alkalie-clay soil in a high desert zone 7. I would be interested in anything that doesn't require acid soil.

Dan

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dan, see the post on 1/28. The open project is on hold until I determine what I have left. In the meantime, I have posted with a discreet number of packs available so I can keep track of things. I will continue to post these limited offers through 3/1.

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hi, do you still have the project going? Thanks, Happyseed

• brandymulvaine
    16 years ago

Bakemom-I know its late but I live in zone 5 is there anything left? I have pink milkweed seeds if you have need of them. When is a good time to send you seed for donation for next year? Not sure what I'll have...B

• cosmicnursery
    10 years ago

This is such a great project. Thanks very much. I'll send you a sasbe this weekend!

Zone 6a St Louis, MO
    I really love super beautiful and bright flowers that can be grown both indoors and out. Since I'm new, I only have a wish list page. The top flowers on my wish list page are:
    Black Velvet Nasturtium
    Drumstick
    Empress of India Nasturtium
    Moonflower
    Night Phlox
    Firmament
    Globe Amaranth

Thanks for your help!!
    Dan

• filigree
    9 years ago

This would be so awesome. Trying to get a new space filled.

• Jaime
    9 years ago

Is this still available?

• hollow7
    9 years ago

Is this still available? I'm new here, haven't figured out how to list my have and want list yet. I love all flowers.

Thanks,

hollow7

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler