Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassybutterfly_2008

WANTED: ~*~Welcome to WinterSwap 2011~*~

Welcome! Welcome to WinterSwap 2011 !!

Let's get the basics out of the way so we can get to the seeds!

The rules are long and detailed in order to avoid any confusion for our newbies. For the seasoned veterans you can scan for the basics and feel free to post if you have any questions or suggestions.

Rule#1 ~ Have FUN with this swap!!

Rule#2 ~ Post here if you wish to join. Tell us your name and how long you have been wintersowing. Then send me an email (found on my GW member page) with 'WinterSwap' in the subject line. Send me your gardenweb ID, your name and mailing address. I will respond with a copy of the rules and my mailing address. Please post here if you do not receive an email from me and I will do the same if I have not received one from you.

Rule#3 ~ Sign-ups will be allowed until November 10th. Packages MUST be mailed to me no later than November 15th. I will have the packages back in the mail to you for arrival by December 22nd, this year's Winter Solstice.

Rule#4 ~ Please update your Gardenweb trade pages. Update those wish lists and your seeds available for trade. *IF* you wish people to contact you for side trades, please say that in your post here.

Rule#5 ~ Please mail your packets in a bubble mailer no smaller than 6x9. Please include a mailing label with your return address on it. Please include a minimum of 6-8 stamps for the return trip. If you request a delivery confirmation on your return package, please include an additional 2 stamps and a note stating you want one. You will most likely be receiving more back than what you submit, especially if you have side swaps. Please keep that additional weight in mind and include even more stamps if you feel it is necessary. Any postage left will be returned to you.

Rule#6 ~ Seed varieties should be limited to flowers, bushes/shrubbery (azaleas, spirea, beauty berry, etc.) or fruit bearing trees and plants. As far as edibles go, let's stick to fruit seeds and tomatoes as those seem to do the best with the winter sowing technique and the tomatoes seemed to be a crowd favorite last year.

Rule#7 ~ You may send in up to 40 packets of flowers, bushes/shrubbery, and/or fruit seeds. You may also send in up to 10 packs of tomato seeds. To clarify, send in UP TO 40 packs of flower/bush/fruit seeds and UP TO 10 packs of tomato seeds for a TOTAL MAXIMUM amount of 50 packs of seed per player.

Rule#8 ~ Please send in no more than 3 packs of seed per named variety. To clarify - you may send in 3 packs of 'Crazy' Daisy or if you have 3 DIFFERENT types of daisies in your stash, you may send in 3 packs PER variety. NO 'Unknown' Mixes are allowed. Please do not send in packs labeled 'Cleome Mix' or 'Morning Glory Mix' or 'Wildflower Mix'. Let's try to WOW each other at least a little bit with our contributions. If YOU would be pleased to receive it, chances are someone else will be too. This is not a clean-your-seed-box-out kind of swap.. (there will be an opportunity for that below). It's meant to be a means to swap some great varieties of all sorts so that we can all share our gardens with one another.

Rule#9 ~ Your packets should include the following information: (and if they don't, I will send you back 50 packs of Black Eyed Susan seeds. ) (JUST KIDDING!!!..but I do have a LOT to share..lol !!)

You packets should include:

--Your Gardenweb ID (if you don't mind!)Might be helpful to those of us that might want to contact a seed trader for more information on the particular plant.

--Seed Variety name. Botanical name too if you happen to know it. Any known info re: height, shade or p/shade or full sun. Color of flower might be nice.

--YEAR seed was harvested. No seeds older than 2010 please!

--One of the following three codes:

--(C) for Commercial Seed

--(T) for seed obtained by Trade

--(G) for seed grown in your own Garden

Rule#10 ~ Please send in a 'SENT' list with all the varieties listed that you have sent in for the swap. This will also help me to keep from returning your own seed back to you.

Rule#11 ~ Please also send in a 'WISH' list of up to 20 items and up to 10 specific tomato varieties that you want the MOST. Please be specific. If you want only blue flowers.. please state that. If you want only vines.. state that. If you want shade only plants.. state that. But please understand that I can only fill your wishes from the variety of seeds that are sent in for the swap. If no one sends in a specific variety, you may not receive it. So give me a broad list from which to grant your wishes. I will use this to try to fill some of your ultimate wishes and I will also be using your regular wish list on your GW page. If you do not wish to receive tomatoes in your package, PLEASE note this on your wish list page!

Rule#12 ~ 'Side swaps' are allowed and even encouraged. BE SURE to check one another's posts on here to BE SURE it is ok to contact someone directly regarding a trade. If a player has not stated that they are ok to be contacted for trades PLEASE do not contact them without at least posting a question here on the swap thread first. ALL side swaps should be packaged in a baggie plainly marked with the recipient's Gardenweb ID on the outside of the baggie. Any side swap baggies will be put directly into the receiver's mailer. I will not be opening any of the side swap baggies. I am just acting as the mailer for you. :) I will leave it up to each of you to keep up with your own side swap trades as I will not be monitoring that process.

Rule#13 ~ 'Gifts' and 'Extras'. Here is where you will have an opportunity to clean out that seed box. You are welcome to go thru everyone's individual wish lists and 'gift' seeds to an individual person. I'm sure we would all be thrilled to have those 'gifts', but I am not making it a mandatory requirement. Again, any 'gifted' seeds should be put into a baggie with the recipient's gardenweb ID marked plainly on the front of it. If you do not have the time or the desire to go that route you are welcome to put any 'Extras' you have into a larger baggie and just mark it plainly on the outside as 'Extras'. **If you send in a huge baggie of thousands of, let's say.. Bread Seed Poppy seeds, please also send some empty individual packets that I can use to break down the large amounts into swap size packets. I don't mind doing the extra work of breaking down the larger quantities but I really can't afford to buy hundreds of extra baggies to carry out that process.** Any 'Extras' will be used to supplement the newbie envelopes, some will be offered up as a 'last call' before I mail out, and many will be sent to the Newbie Project that bakemom so graciously hosts and/or to Trudi's Wintersown.org to share with future new winter sowers.

**DISCLAIMER** Please know that I will do all I humanly can to fill as many of your wishes both on your 'wish' list and your regular gardenweb page. BUT this all depends on YOU, the participants and the types of seeds that you send in. The more common seeds and 'fillers' are definitely a necessary need in our gardens but let's try to really please each other and send in some crowd favorites as well. And newbies, don't be overwhelmed. If you only have 10 to 15 types of seed to send in, go for it! I can personally guarantee you will receive more packs than you sent in just for your participation!

Everyone will receive no less than the amount of seed packets mailed in and, most likely, many more!

Again, if you have questions, please post here or put them in your emails to me. I will be responding to emails every night.

Now, let's start digging in those seed boxes and harvesting those seeds from our gardens and let's have some FUN!

~Wendy / Sassyb. / AKA your personal WS seed enabler! :)

Comments (122)

• october17
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Just updated my list! Hope I'm not too late!

• drippy
    12 years ago

Hi, Wendy - Okay, I'm fixin' (Southern transplant, does that count?) to join this swap. I'm Kim, and this will be my 10th year WSing I think (maybe 9th - lost count). Gardens have been disrupted by moves (too many, IMO) in the last 3 years, but I am hopefully settling in for a spell in the Tennessee Valley part of northern Alabama.

I don't have as many varieties as in the past, as I've done a lot of cleaning out. Despite that, I still have enough seeds to plant for at least 3 incarnations. I am open to side trades with what's posted on my trade page.

Kim (aka Drippy)

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    12 years ago

Hi Wendy ,

Better late than never, huh ? ;-) Sign me up please ! I couldn't resist ... I had great success last year wintersowing and I can't wait to start again this year ! Wintersowing and swapping seeds are the best ways to make it thru the cold winter months here in Maryland !

Wendy, I know you probably already have my addie but I'm fixin' ( Georgia girl here too who wishes she was still in Georgia ) to send you my info again just to make sure ! Thank you for the invite ;-)

Iris

• gretchensgarden
    12 years ago

Hi Wendy,

I'd like to join this swap as well! This is technically my second year wintersowing, but last year I managed to do the impossible and actually kill most of my WS flats. Oops! Hopefully it was a learning year, and I'm ready to give it another try this year. :)

Looking forward to the swap!
    Gretchen

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hey Wendy!
    Just wanted to let you know that my bubblie is in the mail. :)
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    vina

• TraceyOKC
    12 years ago

Hi Wendy, I got my goodies off to you yesterday. Thanks again!

Tracey :-)

• october17
    12 years ago

Thank you for hosting Wendy!!!

Sent off my bubble envie today - Can't wait to see what comes back - I love this swap!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm so happy so see some more members join in and how many envys are already on their way!

I apologize for not getting the Scavenger hunt up here today... I've had a migraine for 2 days now and today was even worse than yesterday. I've had my 'Risky Business' style sunglasses on most all day and just taking it easy. I will hopefully be feeling better by tomorrow and I'll get it up for you all then.

Thanks!
    ~Wendy / sassyb.

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

Wendy,
    I wish you were in Michigan. I'm a hospice doc, and my purpose in life is to relieve pain. Unfortunately, my license doesn't extend to GA. I wish I could help. Please don't feel obligated to respond. Save your energy for important stuff. I have my seeds all packed and I'll send them out as soon as you get a chance to send your address.

Martha

• daisydawnny
    12 years ago

Count me in! I would so regret not getting in the swap...off to see what I have in my stash....

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

Wendy,
    FYI, I haven't received an e-mail with your address yet. I'm not in a big hurry, because I've been surfing the trade lists of other swappers and sticking in some gifts for fun. But, I don't want to get too far behind. I'm pretty sure I sent you the info you need, but I'll resend it just in case. Thanks,

Martha

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Martha, I responded to the email from your last post as well as one on the 6th of Nov. Please let me know if you still don't rec'v the info. I re-sent the original email back to you as well.

I'm SO thrilled to see so many new faces. EVERYONE should have rec'd their email from me at this point so if you did not, please post here or email me directly and let me know. My email has been known to go into spam folders at times..lol.

I'm sitting here working on the Scavenger Hunt I wasn't able to complete earlier in the weekend. I'm hoping to get that posted this evening after dinner.

Thanks everyone!
    ~Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Martha ~ I responded to you again. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks!

• kellyk49
    12 years ago

My want list is short: shade flowers, zinnias, coleus and other flowers that are easy to grow, pretty, your favorite, etc. Thanks for asking!

Kelly

PS I'm sending my package out tomorrow...

• shemeows
    12 years ago

Wendy, did my package arrive? I think I sent it around the 29th last month.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

~~~~GAME TIME!!!~~~~~

Alrighty, in an effort to let people get to know each other I'm going to post some questions about various members and it's up to you to research and figure out who the members are based on the clues provided in the question. The answer to the question might be located in this thread, or swap member's individual pages. This will be a quickie game as I have another fun thing to do closer to Thanksgiving.

The PRIZE for this game will be:

(7) Heirloom tomato varieties of all the favorite colors from one of our garden web member's personal seed shop "Sample Seeds". I HIGHLY recommend her and hopefully I won�t be in trouble for stating that..lol

The tomato varieties are:
    'Anna Russian'
    'Black from Tula'
    'Depp's Pink Firefly'
    'Fantome Du Laos'
    'Cherokee Green'
    'Golden Queen'
    'Pineapple'

And, YES! Tomatoes CAN be winter sown and it is so so so so unbelievably easy!! They are MUCH stronger and sturdier than indoor started plants!

You may post your answers here and I'll let you know which ones are correct or incorrect. First one with all the correct answers will claim the prize! Here are your questions:

1. Which swap member has been using the Winter Sowing method for nearly two decades?

2. Which swap member has kittens that are named after fruits?

3. Who was the first swap member that I received a package from?

4. Which swap member posted a hilarious thread about elk carcasses on her member page?

5. Which swap member lives in Virginia Beach, VA?

6. Which swap member told us about how she was able to grow her own Fall decor this year?

7. Which swap member loves to grow Hoyas?

8. Which swap member trains throroughbreds for racing?

9. Which swap member likes to plant their extra plants around their camper in Michigan?

10. Which swap member's favorite forum is 'Oklahoma Gardening'?

11. Which swap member asked me if peppers could be winter sown?

12. Which swap member lives on the coast of a barrier island in SC?

13. Which one of our swap members is an EXCELLENT song bird carver?

14. Which swap member gardens on Long Island's North Fork?

15. Which swap member works at an apple orchard?

16. Which swap member's garden web id begins with a Fall month?

17. Which swap member resides in southern Maryland?

18. Which swap member's garden web id has a type of fish in the name?

19. Which swap member writes that gardening gives her peace and that she has a love for irises?

20. Which swap member admits to carrying around seed baggies and clippers in her purse everywhere she goes?

Have fun! :)

~Wendy / sassyb.

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

Fun - I'm definitely going to have to update my boring page! Here's my list:

1. Poisondartfrog
    2. Flowergirl34
    3. apoppyfield
    4. Lois
    5. Roper2008
    6. Pumpkingal
    7. Lightning96
    8. sinbadsmom
    9. hibiscusfan
    10. TraceyOKC
    11. thatannagirl
    12. ibartoo
    13. tomerrol
    14. Nan-6161
    15. Indiana.Matt
    16. October17
    17. rane_grow
    18. ktrout
    19. Gardenunusual2
    20. beautifulreddahlias

Margie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well that was fast! I thought that might keep people busy for awhile..lol

Congratulations to Margie / Onedaylily! She was the first to respond AND the first to get all the answers right on the first try! I will have to make these much harder next time! :)

Margie, I will put your tomato prize package in your bubble envy along with the other seeds when they're on their way back home to you!

Here's an update on swap members and packages received:

1. poisondartfrog /Alana ~ pkg rec'd
      2. lois / Lois ~
      3. onedaylily / Margie ~
      4. farmergirl2009 / Ellie ~
      5. roper2008 / Linda ~
      6. texaspinkie / Rebecca ~
      7. apoppyfield / Ann ~ pkg rec'd
      8. caroleapony / Donna ~ pkg rec'd
      9. tlfox / Tiffany ~
      10. shemeows / Maria ~ pkg rec'd
      11. hibiscusfan / Suzanne ~
      12. tracyokc / Tracey ~ pkg rec'd
      13. flowergirl34 / Vina ~ pkg rec'd
      14. ktrout / Karrigan ~
      15. thatannagirl / Anna ~ pkg rec'd
      16. Indiana.Matt / Matthew ~
      17. ibartoo / Linda ~
      18. pumkingal / Lisa ~
      19. october17 / Ellie ~ pkg rec'd
      20. xiangirl / Heidi ~ pkg rec'd
      21. kellyk49 / Kelly ~
      22. gardenunusual2 / Tanya ~
      23. tomerrol / Tom ~
      24. beautifulreddahlias / Nina ~
      25. puffie / Muffy ~ pkg rec'd
      26. flower2 / Mitchell ~
      27. cashclan / Sharon ~ *need mailing address
      28. shant (?) / Shanti ~ *need mailing address
      29. vajeff / Jeff ~
      30. sinbadsmom / Kathy ~
      31. lceh / Lynne ~
      32. peaches0104 / Julie ~ pkg rec'd
      33. lightning96 / Beth ~
      34. snapdragon36 / Debbie ~
      35. Molanic / Morgan ~
      36. docmom / Martha ~
      37. nan-6161 / Nancy ~
      38. sandysgardens / Sandy ~
      39. drippy / Kim ~
      40. rane_grow / Iris ~
      41. Gretchensgarden / Gretchen ~
      42. daisydawnny / Dawn ~

Just an fyi ~ I haven't opened any of the packages yet. I'm not planning on doing that until all the pkgs have been received.

Thanks everyone!
    ~Wendy / sassyb.

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

That's awesome - thank you so much! Margie

• october17
    12 years ago

What fun Wendy! Wowwee!!!

12 years ago

Hi everyone ! Are you ready for Thanksgiving yet ? Its only 11 days away !!

I've really been enjoying the fall sunshine while collecting seeds in the yard , spending hours going thru my seeds and packing them up. I should have them ready to mail to you very soon Wendy !

12 years ago

Hi everyone ! Are you ready for Thanksgiving yet ? Its only 11 days away !!

I've really been enjoying the fall sunshine while collecting seeds in the yard , spending hours going thru my seeds and packing them up. Its what I call " seed therapy "

I should have them ready to mail to you very soon Wendy !

• indiana_matt
    12 years ago

I saw that I was one of the answers to the question game. We started pruning the apple trees a few weeks ago. Right now we have 6-7 of us pruning full time and we have 8,000 trees total. Now, about 1,000 of those are still just a few yeas old, but thats still a lot of trees.

We had our first snow the other day.

Matthew
    Indiana.Matt

Here is a link that might be useful: The Apple Works Orchard

• ibartoo
    12 years ago

Wendy, I am so sorry, I got completely swamped and forgot about this swap. I would like to join in on the next 1 though.
    Thanks, Linda

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You know you spend way too much time on facebook when you try to 'like' someone's post on here..lol! I was trying to like yours Matthew! I've never been to an apple orchard, can you believe it!?! We keep trying to plan a trip during apple picking time but they're so cheap here locally at the farmer's stands it's just not worth the gas money to drive up to an orchard. One of these days I'm just gonna do it anyway!

Aww Linda, I'm so sorry to see you go! You do know you have til the 30th to send in now?

I received a few more packages on Saturday. I am going to have to do prizes for the biggest, neatest, craziest wish list and so on...I do believe I received the biggest one on Saturday..from Ellie / farmergirl2009! The mailman could barely get it into my mailbox! That must mean good things for all of you! :)

Here's the updated list:

2. lois / Lois ~
    3. onedaylily / Margie ~
    4. farmergirl2009 / Ellie ~ pkg rec'd
    5. roper2008 / Linda ~
    9. tlfox / Tiffany ~
    11. hibiscusfan / Suzanne ~
    14. ktrout / Karrigan ~
    17. ibartoo / Linda ~
    18. pumkingal / Lisa ~
    21. kellyk49 / Kelly ~ pkg rec'd
    23. tomerrol / Tom ~
    26. flower2 / Mitchell ~ pkg rec'd
    27. cashclan / Sharon ~ *need mailing address
    28. shant (?) / Shanti ~ *need mailing address
    29. vajeff / Jeff ~
    30. sinbadsmom / Kathy ~
    31. lceh / Lynne ~
    33. lightning96 / Beth ~
    35. Molanic / Morgan ~
    36. docmom / Martha ~
    37. nan-6161 / Nancy ~
    39. drippy / Kim ~
    40. rane_grow / Iris ~
    41. Gretchensgarden / Gretchen ~
    42. daisydawnny / Dawn ~

I hope everyone is having a nice quiet, warm & cozy kind of night!

~Wendy

• indiana_matt
    12 years ago

Wendy,

Just wanted to let you know my package will be going in the mail this week.
    Yes, you need to go to an orchard. If you can, try to get to one in the spring when the trees are blooming...what a sight.

Thanks,
    Matthew
    Indiana.Matt

• roper2008
    12 years ago

I will be mailing mine tomorrow.

Linda

• pumkingal
    12 years ago

Hi Wendy;;
    My big envie went out today,, now the waiting and watching the mailman starts,, just love this time of year,, happy gardening to us all,, Lisa

• drippy
    12 years ago

Seeds are on the way!

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

I sent my envelope out last week, but I bet Veterans Day slowed it down. It should be arriving any time. I hope everyone is enjoying this swap as much as I am. It's fun to still have gardening stuff to do even when the weather is getting cold.

Martha

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone!

I have received several more packages this week. I will put an updated list up late this evening. I'm currently doing the crazy house clean up for company that is coming over on Sunday for our own Thanksgiving dinner. Today the oven caught fire... so I'm trying to find repair people to come out and fix it so I can get the pies baked. Also going to be cleaning the carpets tonight and tomorrow. Crazy busy me..lol

~Wendy

• daisydawnny
    12 years ago

My seeds went out in the mail on Thursday! Getting pretty excited!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    12 years ago

I mailed my seeds this weekend.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello everyone!

Well, I made it thru the craziness of pre-Thanksgiving dinner at our house this weekend. My house was full, bellies were full .... and my sink is STILL full..lol At least on actual Thanksgiving someone else is doing most of the cooking at the party for the other side of the family!

Here's our update of packages received:

Here's the updated list:

2. lois / Lois ~ pkg rec'd
    3. onedaylily / Margie ~ pkg rec'd
    5. roper2008 / Linda ~ pkg rec'd
    9. tlfox / Tiffany ~
    11. hibiscusfan / Suzanne ~ pkg rec'd
    14. ktrout / Karrigan ~
    17. ibartoo / Linda ~
    18. pumkingal / Lisa ~ pkg rec'd
    23. tomerrol / Tom ~
    27. cashclan / Sharon ~
    28. shant (?) / Shanti ~
    29. vajeff / Jeff ~
    30. sinbadsmom / Kathy ~ pkg rec'd
    31. lceh / Lynne ~ pkg rec'd
    33. lightning96 / Beth ~
    35. Molanic / Morgan ~
    36. docmom / Martha ~ pkg rec'd
    37. nan-6161 / Nancy ~ pkg rec'd
    39. drippy / Kim ~ pkg rec'd
    40. rane_grow / Iris ~
    41. Gretchensgarden / Gretchen ~ pkg rec'd
    42. daisydawnny / Dawn ~ pkg rec'd

That's the current update of received packages as of mail delivery to me today. I'll send a reminder to everyone that hasn't left a mssg they are in the mail.

Thanks everyone!

~Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The latest game challenge will be a simple one as this is a wild and crazy week for everyone that's busy cleaning and cooking or traveling for Thanksgiving. Before you know it we will be stringing the lights and shopping mad sales at all hours of the night and day...

The dates for this challenge will run through Dec. 10th.

The challenge is a simple word find game. A popular one that's been making the rounds on the round robin forum this year.

Email me a list of as many words as you can come up with from the words "Winter Sowing Swap". All words must be at least 3 letters and up. For instance, "Winter" could be one word. "Sow" could be a word, "tan" and so on. (There! I just gave you 3 freebies! :)

The winner will receive a bonus flower package of 10 packs tailored to items on their wish list.

Have fun!

~Wendy

• molanic
    12 years ago

My seeds went in the mail today.

• daisydawnny
    12 years ago

Yay! Seeds made it safe and sound, I will sleep well, with visions of seeds in my head, lol!

• snapdragon36
    12 years ago

Mailed my seeds out today.
    Happy thanksgiving everyone

• vajeff
    12 years ago

Sent my package yesterday.

12 years ago

Hi Wendy, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving ! I mailed my seeds yesterday ;-)

Iris

• sandysgardens
    12 years ago

Hello - It's been crazy here, but my seeds went out this weekend.

Sandy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving week. Kids are back to school tomorrow, much work to be done, Christmas gifts to buy and plans to be made! We even have a CHANCE of snow on Tuesday (won't stick.. but still!)

I received a couple more packages this weekend:
    Here's the updated list:

2. lois / Lois ~ pkg rec'd
    3. onedaylily / Margie ~ pkg rec'd
    5. roper2008 / Linda ~ pkg rec'd
    9. tlfox / Tiffany ~
    11. hibiscusfan / Suzanne ~ pkg rec'd
    14. ktrout / Karrigan ~
    17. ibartoo / Linda ~
    18. pumkingal / Lisa ~ pkg rec'd
    23. tomerrol / Tom ~
    27. cashclan / Sharon ~ pkg rec'd
    28. shant (?) / Shanti ~
    29. vajeff / Jeff ~
    30. sinbadsmom / Kathy ~ pkg rec'd
    31. lceh / Lynne ~ pkg rec'd
    33. lightning96 / Beth ~
    34. snapdragon36 / Debbie ~ pkg rec'd
    35. Molanic / Morgan ~ pkg rec'd
    36. docmom / Martha ~ pkg rec'd
    37. nan-6161 / Nancy ~ pkg rec'd
    39. drippy / Kim ~ pkg rec'd
    40. rane_grow / Iris ~
    41. Gretchensgarden / Gretchen ~ pkg rec'd
    42. daisydawnny / Dawn ~ pkg rec'd

That's the current update of received packages as of mail delivery to me on Saturday. I'm sure more will be arriving all this coming week!

Now, don't forget about the game I posted last week! So far, only one person has turned words in and they did a GREAT job!! Here's the details for you again:

The latest game challenge will be a simple one as this is a wild and crazy week for everyone that's busy cleaning and cooking or traveling for Thanksgiving. Before you know it we will be stringing the lights and shopping mad sales at all hours of the night and day...
    The dates for this challenge will run through Dec. 10th.

The challenge is a simple word find game. A popular one that's been making the rounds on the round robin forum this year.

Email me a list of as many words as you can come up with from the words "Winter Sowing Swap". All words must be at least 3 letters and up. For instance, "Winter" could be one word. "Sow" could be a word, "tan" and so on. (There! I just gave you 3 freebies! :)

The winner will receive a bonus flower package of 10 packs tailored to items on their wish list.

Have fun!

~Wendy

• indiana_matt
    12 years ago

Hi Wendy,

My package is all ready to go. I'll be sending it out in the morning.

Matthew
    Indiana.Matt

• ktrout
    12 years ago

My seeds are in the mail! Thanks!

Ktrout

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Almost time!!!! :) I received a few more packages today and I know several are in transit. I'll start opening the packages by this weekend to begin sorting.

I'll put up an updated list tomorrow after the mail arrives.

Thanks!
    ~Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hopefully everyone's packages will be here by Wednesday. I'm going to be starting on the sorting in the latter part of the week. From what I've peeked at so far you are all gonna be HAPPY!! :)

~Wendy

12 years ago

Hi Wendy !

Are you ready for wintersowing yet ? I am !! I hope you received my package ?

Iris

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone! I will be making my final tally of packages received tomorrow after the mail runs and at that point & time I will let any of you know whose pkg has NOT been received yet and I will go ahead and start the sorting process! I took pics of the mound of envelopes.. I'll share that with you tomorrow :)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

*****I've opened up a new thread for the Sorting and Sending Home, please use the new thread to leave any new messages for the swap**********

Thanks!
    ~Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So... who's ready for WinterSwap 2012 to begin?!?! :)

It's getting cooler... I've had uncontrollable urges to hoard 2liters and milk jugs and just about any ol' thing that might hold dirt thru the winter. Yep, it's about that time.... :)

Sponsored