Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

o
WANTED: Wanted: Winterswapping 2010

Posted by countrycarolyn 6-7 nw TN (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 17:58

Well as most know Token is unavailable to host the swap this year. I have plenty of extra time on my hands so I stepped up and offered to host the swap that Token would normally be hosting. This is my first swap to host so I took the liberty of copying the guidelines for the swap from Token's old post. Only things that change are the dates.

"20 packs of seed.

One pack of any kind of seed. Please don't send 5 packs of marigolds.

Make sure you include enough postage to have 20 packs mailed to you. Be sure to include your name/address label in the bubble envelope as well. A white slip of paper works. I have tape.

Include whatever information you wish on your packages. Please do not send "mystery" seeds or unlabeled packages. Be sure your GardenWeb name is on your seed packets. It'll keep you from getting your own seeds returned.

Include a wishlist of 10 things you'd like to see in your package when it comes back. If you do not include a wishlist, a wishlist will be created for you.

If you are sending seeds to a specific person through the swap, please write their Gardenweb name on the package. Be sure to include your Gardenweb name somewhere in/on your bubble envelope. Receivers, please include the extra postage for those seeds. These seeds should not count towards your 20. So you could have two packs of marigold seeds, if you're sending one pack directly to another participant.

Mail your seeds before November 30. I will post in this thread every time I receive a package in the mail. I hope to have all seeds sorted, swapped, and returned by Dec 21.

Any questions about seed collecting, packaging, etc can be found in the seed exchange FAQ's. Other questions may be answered in this thread. Some changes have occurred. Don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Post here, and send me an email with your GardenWeb name somewhere in the email so I can send you my address. Please make the subject of the email winterswapping. I will be sorting these messages using that subject line. Thanks!

Let's do it! "

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: Winterswapping 2010

Count me in!!

Thanks for hosting and I hope things are going well for Token.

Deb (anhsmom)

o

Count me in! I had so much fun with Token's swap and am look forward to your swap!

o

hmmmm... let me see what I have ......

o

I sent you an email.

Thanks for hosting this swap.

Don

o

Please count me in. I'll send you an email. How sweet of you to step in. Vicci

o

What do you guys think about offering some newbie packages in on this also??

I was thinking if your new to winter sowing and need some seeds to start out with. Feel free to also include yourself in this and just post here that you are new. Only a few things that I ask. Please send a bubble mailer so that your seeds arrive safely. Include your address and a mailing label. Instead of a wish list just post that you are new and if you would like to put a wish list feel free. I won't guarantee all of your wishes are filled, but I do say that you will get some good seeds to start you on your way.

So for others if you want to include the 20 for the swap and if you guys have extras for some new winter sowers this will be a great place to add those also. I have a ton of seeds that I am willing to contribute to someone new. So feel free to take a look at my list if you choose and just let me know.

o

I already signed up for the swap but this is a first year for me. I would be interested in also sending a bubble envy. and postage in addition to my swap stuff if it would be allowed. Does that make sense? Hope that's not terribly confusing. Please let me know if you think this wouldn't be fair. I totally understand. Vicci

o

Welcome, Vicci

If you would like to do that I can just put it all in the same bubble mailer. Just make sure that it is big enough and enough postage for the return if you send to much postage I will just return it. Just put on your request that you are starting out and would like any extra goodies. I do not have a problem with that what so ever. I will try to contribute as much as I personally can. :) As I am sure that other members will also contribute some extra for newbies as well.

o

I'd like to be included also. I will send you an email.
Thanks,
Melissa

o

Include me also Thanks Frank

o

I'd like to participate. I'll send you an email straight away.

Thank you!

o

I'll send extras for newbies. I'll also host a newbie if necessary.

Seasoned swappers please check my list for side trades -

Thanks -

Deb

o

By November 3oth I can do.....thanks for hosting this!!!! I am trying to remember from last year, can you send goups of 3 (or was it 5?)to make your 20 packets? So, for instance:

3 white profusion zinnia
3 Hollyhock black cherry
3 Coreopsis early sunrise
3 Jewels of Opar
3 Red Canna seeds
3 Marigold
2 Verbascum milk shake
equals: 20

Would that work?

Thanks for doing this big job!
Nancy

Would that be OK?

o

I would love to join in, I missed it last year! I'll be sending you an email soon!

Thanks!!
Wendy / sassyb.

o

Nan, from what I gather last year it was "20 packages, each a different kind of seed. It's fine if you send Rudbeckia cherry brandy, rudbeckia goldstrum, and rudbeckia Irish Eyes and 17 others. Or you can send 20 unique and individual varieties of seed if you have them." copied from last years post.

I hopefully have gotten everyone my address that has signed up so far. I am sending my address as you sign up just to make sure I get it to everyone. You don't have to send it right away or you can go ahead and send it if you chose. You have till november the 30th to get it to me. If you would like to work out individual trades amongst yourselves and just combine everything that is fine with me. Just as long as you include enough postage for the return. If you have to much postage do not worry I will happily return it.

Oh and if I haven't emailed you my address just shoot me an email with the subject winterswapping.

I am so glad to see familiar names pop up along with some new ones!!

Here is a link that might be useful: winterswapping 09

o

This is my first year wintersowing. Sign me up please.

o

Oh yes, this sounds like it's for me. Please sign me up. I tried sowing seeds last year, but the scorching heat here in the South killed everything so it's back to square one for me.

This newbie WILL have a beautiful garden next year. Anyone know anything about taming Georgia tough as nail clay soil?

o

Please sign me up. This is the one I have been waiting for. After reading the posts about last year's swap I have even purchased seeds for this one.

I am fairly new but thanks to generous winter sowers I do have some seeds that I can send for newer members.

Margaret

o

Msirie, I don't know about georgia but I know about tennessee clay. It is horrible, how I do it is if it needs moisture I tend to plant it where there is partial shade, usually morning sun afternoon shade. Not all can do that cause some plants need the sun in order to bloom, but with my heat and humidity I have no problem planting like that. I have even planted petunias in the past like that and they did better than others who had planted them in full sun and they were watering theirs.

Gardening is all trial and error. People advised me not to plant my "full sun" plants in my partial shade. I am that kind of person I got to find out on my own what will happen. Come to find out it worked better than what I had even hoped for. Though I will mention if it is something that tends to get powdery mildew I will NOT plant like that. Summer phlox is one that falls in that category along with some monarda.

Few plants that aren't natives can tolerate my full sun. I rarely water and the way I plant is scheduled by rain. I wait for our good drenching spring rains to break up my ground. My dirt is the kind if we are going through a drought I can barely get a shovel through it. It is like digging through concrete.

o

Hi,
Please sign me up for the swap.
Weebay

o

Here is a question that someone asked me.

"I'm interested in signing up, but most of what I have to swap are veggies and herbs. Do you think anyone will be interested in those? I'd hate to send them and not have anyone want them."

I posted just in case someone else had the same question.

This swap is for all types of seeds. There are some that actually prefer to deal with veggies and herbs. That is another reason that I am posting this question. So if there are others that have mostly veggies and herbs or are wanting veggies and herbs do not let that stop you from signing up.

Especially Heirloom!!! Yummm!!

o

Hi, please include me. This is my first Wintersowing Swap
and have seeds of perennials, biennials, and some annuals and seed of Heirloom Tomatoes. Thank you for doing this,
Karan

o

Count me in!

o

I'm in too. I mostly have veggie's and herbs, but I'm going to go through my flower stash and see if there is anything in it that I don't love.

If anyone wants anything extra from my list, please let me know. I still need to get rid of about 100 commercial packs.

o

I want to join! thanks, Melinda

o

Ok, I absolutely have 20 different kinds if that is the rule. I should also have extra's for newbies. I'll send you an email as I've not received your address yet.

Nancy

o

Hi! I would love to sign up! Sending my email right now.
vina

o

Here is a quick list of those signed up so far. If you would like to work out side trades feel free.

Onetheteam, I didn't put you on the list but I did send you my address I wasn't for sure if you wanted to join in or not.

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
04. dem_pa
05. ohiovalleygardener (new)
06. mspriggs
07. fez920
08. shemeows
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34

o

I encourage people to update their trade page with the seeds they would like to have. I need some idea of what kind of seeds I should send.

I did purchase some seeds especially for this trade. They are not on my trade list because they are not for general trading.

Thanks
Margaret

o

You don't have to purchase seeds for this swap!!

As a matter of fact I make my own envelopes out of old magazines. I love saving seeds therefore I have a ton of seeds and I wouldn't be able to do it in the amount I give if I had to purchase the nice little neat plastic bags or the seed envelopes that some have.

I even make my labels out of scrap paper, either envelopes from bills or sometimes the school sends home notes with the kids and I will use those.

Some may not like that way, but for me that is the most cost efficient way to be able to give out huge amounts of seed. I love to share with others, but if it gets to eating my pocket to much I wouldn't be able to.

o

I was a newbie last year and didn't have any seeds. This year, I have plenty. Sign me up! I think I can even send a few extras for newbies.

Erika

o

This was one of my fave swaps last year, please sign me up!
Frances

I am sure I can find 20 varieties of seeds around here :O

o

This is a great swap, so please sign me up also. Thanks for doing the swap.

o

Sign me up please! I'm sending you an email.
Thanks!

o

• Posted by tomva 7-central virginia (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 18:51

count me in...sending you an email and thankyou for hosting...

o

Sign me up, but I will have to re-do my wish list.

Bev

o

I would love to join in! This is my very first year winter sowing & I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR JAN!! (I have NEVER in my LIFE said that before!!-LOL)

I have 20 seed packets to send but would LOVE any newbie extras you can give me!!! ;)

Jodie

o

Hi,
Sign me up. I think this will be fun.
Thanks for hosting it.
Faye!

o

Yay, sign me up! I have lots of extra white foxglove and feverfew seeds, too.

Lois in PA

o

Ok here is another quick list of people signed up. If you do not see your name and you wanted to sign up or if you are new and I do not have it on there please let me know. If I haven't sent you my address please let me know that also. I am human and this is my first round robin to host, and boy this one seems like it is going to be HUGE. Though I have to say the more the merrier. I am glad we are having a GREAT turn out yet.

Oh and I am still waiting for Token to sign up, you know he said he would. I am holding him to that. lol

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
04. dem_pa
06. mspriggs
07. fez920
08. shemeows
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
24. tomva
25. babcia
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly
29. lois
30. nuttnhunee (new)
31. skywaitress (new)

Feel free to make trades amongst yourselves and if you have something and you would like to share it with one of our new members please feel free to do that also.

Thank you everyone for being patient with me!!

o

(new) swappers - please update your want lists

o

I would like to join. Sending you a e-mail.

o

I have the seeds ready to mail, but before I do, I wanted to offer to anyone in the swap seeds of annual pink poppy, semidouble. I collected a lot of it!
From Spring 2010

Click to enlarge.

If you want some, drop me a note. I'll wait a week or so before mailing.

o

Beautiful plant!! Umm is it legal to have the seeds though?? I am not trying to go to the pen, lol.

Though this is how conflicting that plant is. Copied from wikipedia.

"....In the United States, opium is listed as a Schedule II controlled substance by the Drug Enforcement Administration. In addition, "Opium poppy and poppy straw" are also prohibited.[5] However, this is not typically enforced for poppies grown or sold for ornamental or food purposes.[1]....."

With that one part says it is prohibited and the next says it is not enforced.

I would love to try the seeds personally but I would be one paranoid banshee.

o

I wasn't aware of any problem with drug enforcement, as some seed catalogs sell them (Parks has a Peony Poppy collection, as does Swallowtail).

For what's worth, I've grown them for a few years. Not in large numbers, as I garden in a very small space and no one has given me grief.

But if you think it's best not to send them, I'll glady abide.

o
RE: lets not

Rereading that I take it as it is not enforced ONLY if it is for a food source. Lets not offer that plant, I beg of you not to put me in a position that may risk my freedom. Mail is federal!!

o

Shemeows ~ I would love to get some of those from you if you're still offering them.. I could do a sasbe if that works?

For what it's worth, I've gotten many poppies via trades and swaps over the past 2 years... the only ones that are of any issue are the 'opium' type poppy. The fancier ones are usually bred and sold thru all the nice seed companies. That's all I know about it tho! I'm no expert.. lol

I'm looking forward to this swap!! I've already got my package ready! :)

~Wendy / sassyb.

o
RE: Wanted: Winterswapping 2010

There is a lot of different info out there. I think the DEA has actually started preventing thompson and morgan from selling the seeds here in the us. It may be legal for the seeds. From this article I just posted said it is legal for the seeds, though others I have read says any part of the plant is illegal to have.

I wished there was a clear cut answer out there. Anyone else have an opinion on it?? Cause I seriously do not know for sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: Legal risk of growing Papaver Somniferum

o

I didn't want to cause any controversy or trouble, so I think it's best I rescind the offer. I tried editing the post with the offer, however I can't figure out a way to do it.

Wendy, I've looked at your wants list and I see a couple of things I do have and you want. I'll add them to the swap envelope, marked for you.

o

I'd like to join. Thanks
Debbie

o

Shemeows you did realize you had your poppy listed as Papaver Somniferum??

No not all poppies are illegal, just that botanical one you listed yours as.

I just now caught that part of your message.

o

To my very limited understanding, the annual poppies Somniferum have different cultivars. Since I am not sure what cultivar mine is, I listed it as such. It is similar but not exactly like the Peony types, and not ruffled like the Laciniatus variety.

Since it is very apparent I am a gardener and I grow them for ornamental purposes alone, I didn't think there would be any controversy over it whatsoever. And since the DEA, as you quoted before seems to point that "However, this is not typically enforced for poppies grown or sold for ornamental or food purposes." I fail to see the problem.

If you feel more comfortable, I will drop out of the swap altogether

o

I'd like to join in. Please sign me up.

Thanks,
Louise

o

NO I do not want you to drop out!!! I stated that you had it named as such cause it seriously got me looking at a poppy I grow and have been growing for several years. I collected the seeds from a little lady that lives behind my parents. Also you got the impression I was saying ALL poppies. It is not all poppies it is just the opium poppy or the Papaver Somniferum.

When I acquired my seeds I have that are in question she had no idea of what kind of poppy it was. Well I went on a searching quest and found what I thought to be similar to the one I had. I came up with Papaver laciniata. Yours looks extremely similar to the one I grow. This has me questioning the amount of seed I have already distributed for years now. It has me also questioning if I should grow the poppy I have. I live not even a mile from a school zone. My consequences could be horrible. I am not taking a chance personally of 5 years in the pen and a million dollar fine for a flower.

I know finding botanical names of plants is sometimes extremely complicated. Though if it is an opium poppy it looks to be like the breadseed poppy. Which is still illegal to grow even if you are growing it for a food source.

If you are offended by that I am sorry, people need to know what they are getting into if they choose to take a chance that is on them and them alone. I don't make the laws and I didn't make you post the name of the flower without you doing research on it. A simple search would of been all you had to do and all the way down the line you would of seen, opium, heroin, morphine and illegal.

o

Question.. and it has nothing to do with poppies. Although you guys have me wondering about the ones in my stash. lol

If I have something that I'm sending, and its on someone's want list, should I label it for that person? and since I"m sending things that someone specifically wants, should I notify them that I'm sending it as part of the trade?
or am I way over-thinking this?

o

Please sign me up for this swap. This is my second year wintersowing.

Joyce

o

I'm doing some "inter-swapping" within this swap and I have been emailing people and asking them if they would like to do a trade. I have something they would want and they have something I would want. I plan on putting them in individual baggies zipped up with the GW name and regular name on the baggies.
I think that would be easiest for Carolyn.
Does that sound okay, or am I way off base at what we should do?

OT: Okay, I just received about 5 different kinds of poppies...and now I'm questioning my stash too :)lol

Have a Happy Halloween!
vina

o

That sounds like a good idea flowergirl!!

Yes if you want it to go to that person I would label it for that person. Names of plants help sometimes I do not put botanical but I put enough info that the botanical could be easy to find. Some I do put botanical, it just depends on the seed itself.

As for the poppy issue I have sent out a ton of seeds of the pink double flower one. I am sure people that signed up for this one has some of those poppies. I am still up to debate on it. I do not know if I should grow it again take pictures and go to the name that plant forum. Then again if I grow it and get it to bloom and I know the legal consequences of the illegal one and think it could be am I going to be in some serious poo.

Funny thing was that I was probably going to send the ones out I got now to some of you guys. Now I still do not know. I have a baggie full of those seeds. It is at least 2 to 3 inches deep of just of pink double flowered poppy seed.

o

For heaven's sake, let's use our common sense here! We are gardeners, period. If you grow half a dozen poppy plants of any sort in a garden alongside everything else we grow, I very much doubt anyone is going to question our intention to manufacture any illegal substance!

It indeed offends me to be flagged for offering seeds that are very commonly offered in exchanges, based on their nomenclature, more so when I agreed not to send them as part of this swap as soon as you raised a question about them.

Take a look at a reputable site such as Dave's garden and do a search on poppies, more specifically Papaver Somniferum and you'll find the varieties we all love to grow for ornamental purposes listed as Opium Poppy. Peony, Laciniatus and so on, they are all included in the Somniferum species.

Once again, I don't want to cause controversy or raise anyone's hackles, but that's what they are.

o

I have to agree with Shemeows on common sense and the poppies. Shemeows I have contacted you directly over your original poppy offer.
I am sorry Countrycarolyn feels so uncomfortable with papaver somniferum. It is one of the most beautiful poppy varieties and I believe many on this forum grow it as I have seen some beautiful photos of it. I love all poppies and was going to include an heirloom variety in my swap here as well. Although now I suppose I won't?

All of my papaver somniferum seeds were originally purchased from reputable seed companies such as, Parks, Renee's Garden, Select Seeds, Summerhill Seeds, as well as Thompson and Morgan to name a few. These companies feel comfortable selling these seeds to us.

It is a beautiful flower and we are all lucky in the end that it had such good medicinal properties, or we would lack our current opiate derivative pain medications. Think of the flowers next time you get a tooth pulled ;)

o

I agree it is gorgeous that isn't the problem. I seriously wished she just wouldn't of posted that it was Somniferum poppy.

Cops around here are extremely crooked and that is all I will say!!

My mind is headed in the direction, trafficking narcotics federally. UGHHH!!! There is no way anyone can convince me of anything different either.

I am extremely sorry to anyone that I have offended over this!!!

o

I am not a poppy expert by any means, but, I have a neighbor that lines the whole side of her house with all different kinds. It is breath-taking to see! Her husband is a state trooper...and if he don't care I don't think I should either.

What did Shakespeare say...'a rose by any other name would smell as sweet'...maybe a poppy by any other name...oh! you get the idea!

And Carolyn I would love to try some of your pink poppies. Maybe I'll have better luck with them than the ones I killed (err...overwatered with love)...this last summer! :)

o
RE: WANTED: Winterswapping 2010

Just know I do not know what kind they are. I say Papaver laciniata, and I have only found 1 picture of them on the net. Though mine are frilly doubled with hints of purple in the center. The picture I found was someone selling them and had them listed as such. That picture looks pretty much like the ones I have. If you look it up though you will have to scroll down the list of flowers to see it.

In the bible (old testament) there is a verse that talks about sacrificed meat and eating it. That it is wrong to eat sacrificed meat. Though if you are eating meat and you do not know the source, do not ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: trade winds fruit

o

Just to be clear, if you say Papaver Laciniata, you are saying it is a somniferum poppy. Laciniatum is a sub group of somniferum.
As far as my understanding goes, I am not a botanist.
Just wanted to let you know, if you understood that already, sorry, just trying to clear up the facts on the varietals.

I respect your wishes on what you are comfortable in dealing with in the swap, just wanted to clear up which varieties you are comfortable dealing with and which ones you are not.

o

Actually I wasn't aware of it and per my last statement I wished I didn't know. Though in the back of mind I figured they were, the foliage was just way to similar.

Ughhh!! Man those things are pretty!! I am going to stick with oriental poppies, and Field poppies, lol and be happy.

If they are a form of that opium poppy PLEASE do not tell me.

Sorry Flowergirl, hey did I send you some of those seeds this spring by any chance, or when we traded a little bit ago. If so those are the ones.

Lois, umm I sent you some poppies in the wish list swap, and umm well feel free to trash them when you get them if you want. :D

o

Snapdragon same goes for you :D regarding the wishlist swap!!

o

Hi all!
Wow Carolyn...sorry to tell you..but those may be the ones I decimated into mush with water. OH well...they always say its the thought that counts. :0)

Have a frightfully ghoulish weekend everyone...***scary laugh*** HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA :0)

o

Please sign me up for the swap.I will work on my list this weekend.

o

I wanted to sign up but I'm so confused over the poppy Issue that now I just don't know,
BB

o

Beth your probably not alone. I have been struggling with it myself. All I can say is that if you have an opium poppy that you are wanting to put in the swap just please do not tell me about it. I have been freaked out about it but from everything I read the seeds are not illegal to have or to distribute. With that said I am not going to nit pick every seed that I come in contact with through this swap. If you would like to drop out I totally understand. I do not believe any one person would put me in jeopardy knowingly with the seeds they offer. I am going to leave that discretion up to you guys.

As I said before if I have offended anyone on this by my ignorance of this poppy, please forgive me!!!

o

I think this poppy thing is being blown a little out of
porportion. That's not an opium poppy shemeows is
offering. I doubt anyone in this swap has opium poppies.
I have received poppies in other round robins. I don't
think the host of those swap's were arrested. Please
don't worry about it Carolyn.

o

Not worrying about it anymore, I am moving on and lets have a great swap.

Now for swap news!! LOL

We got our first package of seeds in today and it is a very generous amount of seeds of all kinds of things a lot of veggies here. So others wanting veggies I got some with your names on them. Just waiting to be nurtured and babied. The seeds are from fez920. If you haven't signed up you still have plenty of time to get me your package before November 30th.

o

I want very much to join however I am a newbee and at this time I don't have 20 different seed packets to exchange. Could I ask for help to get started? I will return the favor as soon as I start collecting my own! Thank you so much!

o

Hello,
Please sign me up for the swap.
Erica

o

Sure outdoorgirl13, that would be just fine. I tried to send you an email to send you my address but you don't have your settings where I can. If you want to send me an email I can provide my address to you.

Here is a quick list of people that have joined the swap.

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
04. dem_pa
06. mspriggs
07. fez920 (package arrived)
08. shemeows
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
24. tomva
25. babcia
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly
29. lois
30. nuttnhunee (new)
31. skywaitress (new)
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
35. beauswatch
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1

o

Hi Carolyn,dont forget about me...

o

Oops sorry about that, I got you on the list now. Did I send you my address??

o

We received another package today and that was from nuttnhunee. You did that just perfect!!

o

Hello Carolyn,
Thanks for hosting this swap. Wintersowing has made my garden what it is today so I'm happy to participate in this swap and to see that there are so many new folks signed up.
George

o

I would like to sign on. Thanks, Shirley

o

Hi Carolyn,
This sounds wonderful, please count me in. This will be my second year of wintersowing and I think I have enough for 20 packets. Thank you for hosting.
-Cynthia

o

There is still plenty of time to sign up if you have been sitting back in the background and watching. You don't have to get me your package till november 30th. If you need a little longer just please let me know. I am giving myself a tight squeeze on time so if you can get it to me by november 30th or sooner would be awesome. I am planning to have everyone their mailers back by december 21st. I can only hope I have them to you sooner, though that depends on you guys and how fast ya get them to me.

Let me know if you haven't received my address. Just send me an email, and I will give you my address. Here is another quick look at the list, boy how it has grown in a little over a week. Whooo hooo!!

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
04. dem_pa
06. mspriggs
08. shemeows
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
24. tomva
25. babcia
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly
29. lois
30. nuttnhunee (new) (package arrived)
31. skywaitress (new)
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
35. beauswatch
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1
38. velsgarden
39. gee_oh_nyc
40. shrlieb
41. cyn9876

o

quick question. How much postage should I include?

o

I am thinking about 5 stamps. If it does not take 5 stamps I will return it.

I packed up a bubble mailer for the wish list swap and when I say this I am not exaggerating, I guarantee I had at the minimum 60 packs of seed. I used a medium bubble mailer like you would buy at the post office. I had that thing so stuffed that it should of been considered "bulk". Well I gave it to the post office woman and she said it was 1.73. So with that said I could of used 4 stamps and that would of been suffice. I still sent Paula 5 stamps, for that just in case factor. I seriously do not see it costing anyone over 4 stamps for one of those medium size bubble mailers. Though I am asking for 5 just for that just in case factor. I will return what I do not use!!

Of course if you have a bigger mailer it may take more. I have never sent one of those out. Small mailers which take anywhere from 2 to 3. I usually get by with 2 but never 1.

o

Does anyone need mailers? I clean offices at night and they are constantly throwing them away.

I was thinking that if I stuffed a big one with smaller ones I could offer them up for postage if anyone does a lot of trades and needs more bubblies.

o

Yea more fun! Please sign me up for this swap.

o

This will be my first RR swap, hope I do this right! If anyone has any tips for me let me know! Is there a specific seed amount per pack?

o

Well I think basic is about 25 seeds per pack if they are average size seeds. Of course this is not for bigger seeds. Something like acorns and such a regular trade would be about 5 to 10. Me personally I do not count my seeds. Depending on the seed I just scoop and dump, lol. Some of my packets may have 100 seeds some may have 50 seeds if I saved it from my plants. Some like poppies I have no idea how many but I know there is enough to plant a large lasagna pan full in the HOS (hunk of seedling) method, and probably still have enough to trade or to do 2 pans. If I am giving you seeds out of my own private stash, which I sometimes do, I will give you enough to at least get a container full to ws, unless I only have a few to share. I always try to let the person know if they are getting a small amount.

That is my rule of thumb!! Others may have other standards they go by so maybe they will chime in.

o

We received another package today, or should I say two more packages. They were both from Dem_pa, I must say WOW!! Extremely generous here, dem_pa sent a bubble mailer just for our new winter sowers and a very generous amount to include in the swap for other swappers. Various kind of seeds here of all types of flowers and such.

If the packages I have received so far are any indication of what is to come, I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT swap.

Here is another quick list.

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
04. dem_pa (package arrived)
06. mspriggs
08. shemeows
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
24. tomva
25. babcia
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly
29. lois
31. skywaitress (new)
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
35. beauswatch
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1 (new)
38. velsgarden
39. gee_oh_nyc
40. shrlieb
41. cyn9876
42. hibiscusfan
43. beautifulreddahlias

o

I would like to join also. I have some seed I can send in. I am a newbie to wintersowing and would like to receive any extra seeds for newbies if that is possible. Thanks this should be fun!!!

o

I'm in. This is my first time doing a winter swap but I have swapped using the traditional seed exchange. Let me know if I have this straight. I gather up 20 different varieties of seeds labeling each (variety, GardenWeb name). I also create a wish list with 10 items on it. I send it to you after I receive your address. Then I wait for my package including items from my wishlist to arrive in the mail. Sound good?

o

Sounds like you got it, just know I can't guarantee you will get everything on your wish list.

o

I'd sure like to participate, let me know where to send my stuff, and I'll get it right out, thanks very much. reply to mamahack@hotmail.com

o

We received another package in the mail today. It was from tomVA. Another generous amount of seeds here. Very nice!!

Here is another quick shot of the list.

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
06. mspriggs
08. shemeows
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
24. tomVA (package arrived)
25. babcia
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly
29. lois
31. skywaitress (new)
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
35. beauswatch
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1 (new)
38. velsgarden
39. gee_oh_nyc
40. shrlieb
41. cyn9876
42. hibiscusfan
43. beautifulreddahlias
44. sherrih
45. bozemeier
46. grdngramma

o

• Posted by edie_h 5a NY (Finger Lakes) (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 6, 10 at 22:21

Squee! Please add me to the list!
This will be my second year wintersowing. I spent an hour today packing up some of my finally-dry seeds and verified that I do have 20 different seeds suitable for wintersowing. Didn't think I did until I actually counted. Sometimes I surprise myself. :-D

-Edie

o

Okay, I'm in - I'll send you an email, Carolyn

o

After you replied stating it sounded like I understood the instructions I had an afterthought. But, unfortunately, I have packed my 20 packets of seeds already. How does the postage get paid for the return "wish list" package? Surely I wasn't suppose to send an indefinite amount of stamps with my package? I wouldn't be able to guess how much the weight of that package is because of many variations. I hope it is taken care some way I am not aware of like the "give 20", "get 10" description or you will just have to keep the seeds which isn't the worst thing in the world.

o

Bozemeier, if you scroll back up to Nov 3rd, you will see that we decided 5 stamps ought to cover the return envelope.
If you have your bubblie ready to go, I'd either cut it open or I'd tape a small envelope, REALLY well, to the back with the stamps inside.
If you decide to tape them to the back, make sure you let Carolyn know where they are.

o

I was going to teach my nephew how to work on computers. I was talking to him about formatting a pc. I told him one of the main things you have to do is READ before you make a selection especially if you are in the bios. He does not like to read. I pretty much told him then you have no business formatting a computer if your not going to read the screen!!

Fourth paragraph copied from the guidelines:

"Make sure you include enough postage to have 20 packs mailed to you. Be sure to include your name/address label in the bubble envelope as well. A white slip of paper works. I have tape."

o

Hi all!
Mailed out my bubbler today. I put 4 stamps in it for $1.76 return postage and it cost $1.70 to mail. It should be fine for the return trip.
Carolyn, I have some individual swap baggies in the bubbler too. They are wrapped up with the name and garden webber name of the person on I'm trading with. I figured that would be easiest that way you can just put the whole baggie in the other persons bubblie without having to worry about individual packets of seeds.

Thanks so much again for hosting and please let me know when they arrive.

Happy Monday all! Here's a kicker for ya...only 47 more days until Christmas...I'm already getting store sale emails...and its not even Thanksgiving for 2 weeks.
vina

o

That sounds goody flowergirl34!!

I also have been taking advantage of some sales for christmas, I got the biggest part of my shopping done.

o

WOW!!!

I enjoyed going to my mailbox today, we got 5 more packages in. WOW!! They are from, shemeows, babcia, skywaitress, beauswatch and beautifulreddahlias. Wonderful!!

Skywaitress you did that just fine!!

BeautifulRedDahilias, thank you so much for the host gift, that was really sweet.

Here is another updated quick list. If I haven't sent you my address or if I have left you off this list PLEASE just send me an email and I will correct it just as fast as I can.

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
06. mspriggs
08. shemeows (package arrived)
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
25. babcia (package arrived)
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly
29. lois
31. skywaitress (new) (package arrived)
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
35. beauswatch (package arrived)
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1 (new)
38. velsgarden
39. gee_oh_nyc
40. shrlieb
41. cyn9876
42. hibiscusfan
43. beautifulreddahlias (package arrived)
44. sherrih
45. bozemeier
46. grdngramma
47. edie_h
48. drippy

o

Carolyn,

Please sign me up and drop me an email with your addy. I'm just about ready to mail.

Lisa

o

Sign me up too! This past year, gardening was a bust. I lost seeds for my wintersowing and we had a freeze that lasted longer than usual, therefore many garden plants are gone too. I do have a few left to try to restart again. I will post a list by this weekend.

Send me your email.

o

Mailed my seeds today!!

o

My seeds are mailing tomorrow -

Happy Gardening -

o

We received another package today and that was from bozemeier. That is just fine how you did it and I will send the change back to you.

Here is another quick list of those signed up:

01. countrycarolyn
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny
06. mspriggs
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly
29. lois
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1 (new)
38. velsgarden
39. gee_oh_nyc
40. shrlieb
41. cyn9876
42. hibiscusfan
44. sherrih
45. bozemeier (package arrived)
46. grdngramma
47. edie_h
48. drippy
49. ishareflowers
50. mokey

o

I would like to participate. I love wintersowing! This should be fun. I'll send you an e-mail.

o

LOL, I felt like a kid in a candy store today going to my mailbox. We got several packages today, we actually got 6. WOW!! They are from flowergirl34, ShirleyB, nottougly, SherriH, lois and daisydawny. Great deal you guys!!

I am so happy so many are deciding to send their packages off early. I sincerely do appreciate that!!

17 packages are here!!

01. countrycarolyn (here)
02. austinnhanasmom
03. daisydawnny (package arrived)
06. mspriggs
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34 (package arrived)
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078
23. suecirish
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly (package arrived)
29. lois (package arrived)
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1 (new)
38. velsgarden
39. gee_oh_nyc
40. shrlieb (package arrived)
41. cyn9876
42. hibiscusfan
44. sherrih (package arrived)
46. grdngramma
47. edie_h
48. drippy
49. ishareflowers
50. mokey
51. daisyb

If you haven't signed up you still have 2 weeks to get me your package so feel free to sign up. Some great seeds are already here and I am sure more are to come.

o

I would like to join the winter sowing swap. I am new to swapping on the internet. I tried winter sowing last year and had a great time. I am looking forward to my first package. Thanks in advance.

Patty from Yorktown

o

I sent my package off yesterday. You should have it by Monday, I would think. Everything I sent either came from my wintersown plants or from a stash of seeds that I had successfully wintersown in the past two years. My WS plants have done so well!

o

Yorktownpatty, I went to send you an email to send you my address and you do not have your email set up. Send me an email so I can send you my adress.

o

Hi countrycarolyn,

No problem... Like you, I am a tad reluctant to grow the papaver somniferum myself, but I can probably use them in a trade, so they won't go to waste.

I had a middle-aged moment when I sent the winterswapping package to you and forgot to include my wishlist, so I emailed my wishlist to you. If you didn't get the email, please let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks, Lois_in_PA

o

My seeds are out in the mail box!!!

Jodie

o

Will be mailing mine tomorrow!

Linda

o

Seeds went into the mail yesterday. I sent some extra for newbie, thanks for hosting, Carol

o

Yeppers Lois, I got your email!! So you are good to go!!

Thank you carol for the newbie seeds, I am sure they will be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention that Babcia sent seeds in for newbies she is not participating in the swap per say. Thank you for that also Babcia, I really appreciate all the things for the newbies as I am sure they will be put to good use.

o

I am a newbie to Winter Sowing. This will be my first year. I would like to be included in the swap if it is still open. I would love any seeds that will winter sow in zone 6B. I hope to learn alot about Winter Sowing from other members that have experience and this looks like a great way to start.

Sharon

o

My seeds will be going out in today's mail.

o

I sure thought I posted that we got 4 more packages yesterday. I have the list on the other computer so I will make another post this evening when hubby wakes up, he works 3rd and the comp is in our room.

In the meantime I would like to encourage everyone to update their wish list. For that just in case factor. Granted I will be using the list you provided first but I also may use the list via gardenweb.

o

I really can be a ditz, lol. Knowing me I hit the preview button ran out of the house in such a whirlwind and never hit the submit button. Oh well, I apologize!!

Yesterday we got 4 packages in the mail, they were from (crossing my fingers I am remembering correctly) austinnhanasmom, molly_and_me, carol57078, suecirish.

Today we received 2 more packages and they are from ishareflowers and jodie74.

Thank you austinnhanasmom and ishareflowers for the hostess gifts. You guys seriously you do not have to send me anything. I seriously enjoy this kind of stuff.

Also thank you ishareflowers, molly_and_me and austinnhanasmom for all of the extra seeds for our newbies.

Yorktownpatty, I tried to send you another email to send you my address but you still do not have your email set up. If you would like to be in the swap please feel free to send me an email. :)

I seriously think this is going to be a great swap and I think a lot of people are going to be really happy. So far if my count is correct it looks like we have 23 packages here. That is Great!!

Here is another quick list!!

02. austinnhanasmom (package arrived)
06. mspriggs
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
13. molly_and_me (package arrived)
14. weebay
15. karan_in_oregon
16. barefootgardner12
17. beck_wi
18. ilovefarac
19. flowergirl34 (package arrived)
20. erika_ct
21. fcoffill
22. carol57078 (package arrived)
23. suecirish (package arrived)
26. bev2009
27. jodie74 (new)
28. nottougly (package arrived)
29. lois (package arrived)
32. roper2008
33. snapdragon36
34. esiuol
36. outdoorgirl13 (new)
37. efrosty1 (new)
38. velsgarden
39. gee_oh_nyc
40. shrlieb (package arrived)
41. cyn9876
42. hibiscusfan
44. sherrih (package arrived)
46. grdngramma
47. edie_h
48. drippy
49. ishareflowers (package arrived)
50. mokey
51. daisyb
52. yorktownpatty
53. sharon5840 (new)
54. carmen_grower_2007
55. muddypaws4ever

o

I would love to join in!

o

I think I can come up with 20... please sign me up...

o

Oh my gosh. I want in. I'm very new. I only have a little bit of moss rose and tons of morning glory to share. I know, though, that most oldies don't want any more morning glory. I also ordered seed from cheapseeds.com so I'll have five more to share if they come in on time. Please let me know if I can join.

How do I do this? I send a self addressed stamped bubble mailer inside another mailer to you? Is that what you mean by postage or do you mean to send seeds in a bubble mailer with money that covers 20 separate envelopes? How much seed should I include for the seven I can send? The moss rose I collected was from about two seed heads. It has about 37 tiny seeds in it. I might be able to find another head or two out there and dry it out in time to send.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks. :)

o

Sorry. I only read half of the forum when I posted. Please forgive me.

So I'll send a self addressed bubble mailer with two to seven packets of seeds (depending on my cheapseeds.com order arriving by next Wednesday), five stamps, a small wishlist, and put the whole thing inside a regular mailer to send to you. In turn, I'll get a few packets of seeds meant for newbies. And because I'm a newbie, it's okay to send morning glories for other newbies. If that is off, please correct me.

o

Carolyn,
I sent my seeds on Tuesday so they should be arriving soon.
Thanks -Bev

o

Manda3, it is very confusing I totally understand at first, believe me we have ALL been there. You do not have to send 2 bubble mailers. You do not have to worry about having the 20 packs if you are new to winter sowing or new to the forums. If you would like to contribute that is fine, but I am kinda offering to new members an sasbe (self addressed stamped bubble envelope). Just send a bubble mailer with 4 to 5 stamps included in the mailer along with an address label and your request.

For ones just starting out if you do not have a bubble mailer I am offering you to be able to just send me a regular envelope and include your wish list about 5 stamps and a label. I have some extra bubble mailers that I am happy to share with newbies.

I hope that clears it up a little for you. If you have any questions just ask or shoot me an email.

Manda3, I also just tried to send you an email to shoot you my address and you do not have that set up. So if you would like to shoot me an email I will give you my address.

We received 3 more packages today, they were from drippy (girl I so enjoyed your little note, you seriously bring a smile to my face, lol), roper2008 and ilovefarac.

As of today we have 26 packages here!! Awesome, I know several are on their way and for the others you have 12 days to get me your package. So yes if you are thinking about signing up please feel free to join in the fun you still have time.

Quick list again!!

06. mspriggs
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
14. weebay
15. barefootgardner12
16. beck_wi
17. ilovefarac (package arrived)
18. flowergirl34 (package arrived)
19. erika_ct
20. fcoffill
21. carol57078 (package arrived)
22. suecirish (package arrived)
23. tomVA (package arrived)
24. babcia (package arrived)
25. bev2009
26. jodie74 (new)
27. nottougly (package arrived)
28. lois (package arrived)
29. nuttnhunee (new) (package arrived)
30. skywaitress (new) (package arrived)
31. roper2008 (package arrived)
32. snapdragon36
33. esiuol
34. beauswatch (package arrived)
35. outdoorgirl13 (new)
36. efrosty1 (new)
37. velsgarden
38. gee_oh_nyc
39. shrlieb (package arrived)
40. cyn9876
41. hibiscusfan
42. beautifulreddahlias (package arrived)
43. sherrih (package arrived)
44. bozemeier (package arrived)
45. grdngramma
46. edie_h
47. drippy (package arrived)
48. ishareflowers (package arrived)
49. mokey
50. daisyb
51. yorktownpatty (new)
52. sharon5840 (new)
53. carmen_grower_2007
54. muddypaws4ever
55. Patrcia531
57. buturfliis_mom
58. manda3 (new)

o

Carolyn, I think for the first time ever, I enclosed less postage than it cost to mail my mailer, so I am sending a couple of stamps along in a separate envelope.

Kim

o

Kim, I believe you are good to go. I noticed how much they charged you and that was crazy. Do not worry about sending more.

o

Please sign me up. I am finally making some headway in cleaning and sorting the ridiculous amount of seed I have collected this year. I should be able to have my 20 packets plus plenty of extras for newbies in the mail early next week.

o

We received 3 more packages in the mail today. They are from muddypaws4ever, bev2009 and carmen_grower_2007.

Thank you so much bev and muddypaws for the newbie seeds!!

Great amount of seeds here you guys!! It is wonderful!! Looks like we have 29 packages here, awesome.

Another quick list!!

06. mspriggs
09. nan-6161
10. sassybutterfly_2008
11. momstar (new)
12. msirie (new)
14. weebay
15. barefootgardner12
16. beck_wi
17. ilovefarac (package arrived)
18. flowergirl34 (package arrived)
19. erika_ct
20. fcoffill
21. carol57078 (package arrived)
22. suecirish (package arrived)
23. tomVA (package arrived)
24. babcia (package arrived )
25. bev2009 (package arrived)
26. jodie74 (new)(package arrived)
27. nottougly (package arrived)
28. lois (package arrived)
29. nuttnhunee (new) (package arrived)
30. skywaitress (new) (package arrived)
31. roper2008 (package arrived)
32. snapdragon36
33. esiuol
34. beauswatch (package arrived)
35. outdoorgirl13 (new)
36. efrosty1 (new)
37. velsgarden
38. gee_oh_nyc
39. shrlieb (package arrived)
40. cyn9876
41. hibiscusfan
42. beautifulreddahlias (package arrived)
43. sherrih (package arrived)
44. bozemeier (package arrived)
45. grdngramma
46. edie_h
47. drippy (package arrived)
48. ishareflowers (package arrived)
49. mokey
50. daisyb
51. yorktownpatty (new)
52. sharon5840 (new)
53. carmen_grower_2007 (package arrived)
54. muddypaws4ever (package arrived)
55. Patrcia531
57. buturfliis_mom
58. manda3 (new)
59. molanic
60. shanta_5
61. hostaformez4

You have 11 more days to get me your package if you need more time let me know. One person did mention they would be mailing after thanksgiving and that is fine. As long as I know I don't have a problem with it. If you want to sign up feel free, there is still plenty of time.

o

Ok, I have decided to join. Last year I wintersowed over 500 containers of seeds and hardly anything came up. After reading in the winter sowing site someone asked about soils and said to use potting mix not potting soil so maybe that is where I went wrong. Anyway sign me up I don't have many seeds to share except those that my brother gave me and a neighbor.

Ellie

o

Mailed my seeds out today.

o

Kinda late posting today but saturdays are my busy days.

Well we got 3 more packages today, and they are from, weebay, grdngramma, and Patrcia531.

Thank you weebay for the newbie seeds!!

We have 32 packages here, so many seeds some I have never heard of. That is over half our list, how wonderful.

Here is a quick list!!

05. mspriggs
06. fez920 (package arrived)
07. shemeows (package arrived)
08. nan-6161
09. sassybutterfly_2008
10. momstar (new)
11. msirie (new)
12. molly_and_me (package arrived)
13. weebay (package arrived)
14. barefootgardner12
15. beck_wi
16. ilovefarac (package arrived)
17. flowergirl34 (package arrived)
18. erika_ct
19. fcoffill
20. carol57078 (package arrived)
21. suecirish (package arrived)
22. tomVA (package arrived)
23. babcia (package arrived )
24. bev2009 (package arrived)
25. jodie74 (new) (package arrived)
26. nottougly (package arrived)
27. lois (package arrived)
28. nuttnhunee (new) (package arrived)
29. skywaitress (new) (package arrived)
30. roper2008 (package arrived)
31. snapdragon36
32. esiuol
33. beauswatch (package arrived)
34. outdoorgirl13 (new)
35. efrosty1 (new)
36. velsgarden
37. gee_oh_nyc
38. shrlieb (package arrived)
39. cyn9876
40. hibiscusfan
41. beautifulreddahlias (package arrived)
42. sherrih (package arrived)
43. bozemeier (package arrived)
44. grdngramma (package arrived)
45. edie_h
46. drippy (package arrived)
47. ishareflowers (package arrived)
48. mokey
49. daisyb
50. yorktownpatty (new)
51. sharon5840 (new)
52. carmen_grower_2007 (package arrived)
53. muddypaws4ever (package arrived)
54. Patrcia531 (package arrived)
55. buturfliis_mom
56. manda3 (new)
57. molanic
58. shanta_5
59. hostaformez4
60. farmergirl2009

o

I had a momentary panic attack today. For some reason I thought the seed packs had to be there by Nov 21st.... and that's tomorrow.

whew.. what a relief. I WILL make it to the P.O. on Monday... even if I have to find a babysitter in order to go.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to go there with a two year old in tow?

o

Yes, at one time I had a 25 month old and a newborn. You have plenty of time, no worries here.

o

Is it too late? Can I still get in on this? It sounds fun and fits my seed hoarding needs perfectly!

o

Hey everybody,my seeds are going out tomorrow.

o

I sent my package out this past weekend.
Thanks again Carolyn for hosting!
Happy Thanksgiving all,
George

o

We got another pakage today and that was from snapdragon36. Thank you for the newbie seeds!!!

Still time to sign up and join in!!

33 packages here!!!

o

• Posted by manda3 8a DFW Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 22:13

Hehe. I only had seven seeds to organize and send but that was fun. Like wrapping Christmas presents. It's going in the mail first thing tomorrow. :)

o

I've never winter sown--sounds like fun. I started saving "containers" today. Please count me in.

o

Ok, count me in! I'm a total gardening newbie this year but I have a good number of seeds to send in. Carolyn, my envie is ready for your address. I've never wintersown before.. is anyone else nervous? Lol. I'm afraid I'll kill my seedlings. Just going to take a leap of faith and give it a shot.. I figure whatever seeds I get back from this swap are definitely safe for wintersowing, so that will set my mind at ease a little bit.

o

sign me up too please! i'm a newb, but i have a few seed packs i can send.

o

Well we didn't get any packages today, but as you can all see we had several more to sign up. I am so glad new ones are signing up to join in. I just give you fair warning now IT IS ADDICTING , lol.

I finally got my shopping done for thanksgiving dinner, talk about procrastination. Tomorrow I will be cooking away on my pies and the yummy sweets. I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!! Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!!

I will post tomorrow if we get any packages but if you do not hear anything from me that just means we didn't get any.

Here is a quick list!!

05. mspriggs
08. nan-6161
09. sassybutterfly_2008
10. momstar (new)
11. msirie (new)
14. barefootgardner12
15. beck_wi
18. erika_ct
19. fcoffill
31. snapdragon36 (package arrived)
32. esiuol
34. outdoorgirl13 (new)
35. efrosty1 (new)
36. velsgarden
37. gee_oh_nyc
39. cyn9876
40. hibiscusfan
45. edie_h
48. mokey
49. daisyb
50. yorktownpatty (new)
51. sharon5840 (new)
55. buturfliis_mom
56. manda3 (new)
57. molanic
58. shanta_5
59. hostaformez4
60. farmergirl2009
61. pippi21
62. palmetto_gardener (new)
63. amybeth82 (new)
64. billstickers (new)

o

Well we received 2 more packages today!! They are from hibiscusfan and pippi21. Thank you so much hibiscusfan for the newbie seeds!!

Looks like we are getting extremely close to the deadline. I know for myself I am getting excited to get started on my part. I would say if you haven't mailed off your bubble mailer, do not fret. I didn't think about thanksgiving when I posted the deadline. So what I am asking is that everyone have their mailers sent off on or before monday the 29th. As soon as I get all the mailers I will get busy organizing and seed sorting. Which I hope to be able to start no later than next friday on december the 3rd. I hope this sounds reasonable to everyone. If anyone has any problems with this just let me know.

If you are wanting to sign up feel free all I ask is to have your bubble mailers in the mail on or before monday the 29th of november.

35 packages here!!

Here is a quick list again!!

05. mspriggs
08. nan-6161
09. sassybutterfly_2008
10. momstar (new)
11. msirie (new)
14. barefootgardner12
15. beck_wi
18. erika_ct
19. fcoffill
31. snapdragon36 (package arrived)
32. esiuol
34. outdoorgirl13 (new)
35. efrosty1 (new)
36. velsgarden
37. gee_oh_nyc
39. cyn9876
40. hibiscusfan (package arrived)
45. edie_h
48. mokey
49. daisyb
50. yorktownpatty (new)
51. sharon5840 (new)
55. buturfliis_mom
56. manda3 (new)
57. molanic
58. shanta_5
59. hostaformez4
60. farmergirl2009
61. started_with_bean
62. pippi21 (package arrived)
63. palmetto_gardener (new)
64. amybeth82 (new)
65. billstickers (new)

o

My seeds went into the mail today. I sent extras so it is a bit overstuffed :)

o

oh nooooOoOo!!
I just got my internet hooked back up today after my move! I dont think ill have time to get this all together in time- but ill go through my stashes tonight. I really liked participating last year

o

I'm new here... will send what I can find. Count me in!

o

I went ahead and started a new thread!!

Here is a link that might be useful: thread 2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here