Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: ~*~ Welcome to WinterSwap 2013! ~*~

Posted by sassybutterfly_2008 7 NorthWest GA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 8, 13 at 9:00

Welcome! Welcome to WinterSwap 2013 !!
Let's get the basics out of the way so we can get to the seeds!

The rules are long and detailed in order to avoid any confusion for our newbies. For the seasoned veterans you can scan for the basics and feel free to post if you have any questions or suggestions.

Rule#1 ~ Have FUN with this swap!!

Rule#2 ~ Post here if you wish to join. Tell us your name and how long you have been wintersowing. Then send me an email (found on my GW member page) with 'WinterSwap' in the subject line. Send me your gardenweb ID, your name and mailing address. I will respond with a copy of the rules and my mailing address. Please post here if you do not receive an email from me and I will do the same if I have not received one from you.

Rule#3 ~ Sign-ups will be allowed until January 10th, 2014. Packages MUST be mailed to me no later than January 6th, 2014. I will have the packages back in the mail to you for arrival by January 31st.

Rule#4 ~ Please update your Gardenweb trade pages. Update those wish lists and your seeds available for trade. *IF* you wish people to contact you for side trades, please say that in your post here.

Rule#5 ~ Please mail your packets in a bubble mailer no smaller than 6x9. Please include a mailing label with your return address on it. Please include a minimum of 6-8 stamps for the return trip. If you request a delivery confirmation on your return package, please include an additional 2 stamps and a note stating you want one. You will most likely be receiving more back than what you submit, especially if you have side swaps. Please keep that additional weight in mind and include even more stamps if you feel it is necessary. Any postage left will be returned to you.

Rule#6 ~ Seed varieties should be limited to flowers, bushes/shrubbery (azaleas, spirea, beauty berry, etc.) or fruit bearing trees and plants. As far as edibles go, let's stick to fruit seeds and tomatoes as those seem to do the best with the winter sowing technique and the tomatoes seemed to be a crowd favorite last year.

Rule#7 ~ You may send in up to 40 packets of flowers, bushes/shrubbery, and/or fruit seeds. You may also send in up to 10 packs of tomato seeds. To clarify, send in UP TO 40 packs of flower/bush/fruit seeds and UP TO 10 packs of tomato seeds for a TOTAL MAXIMUM amount of 50 packs of seed per player.

Rule#8 ~ Please send in no more than 3 packs of seed per named variety. To clarify - you may send in 3 packs of 'Crazy' Daisy or if you have 3 DIFFERENT types of daisies in your stash, you may send in 3 packs PER variety. NO 'Unknown' Mixes are allowed. Please do not send in packs labeled 'Cleome Mix' or 'Morning Glory Mix' or 'Wildflower Mix'. Let's try to WOW each other at least a little bit with our contributions. If YOU would be pleased to receive it, chances are someone else will be too. This is not a clean-your-seed-box-out kind of swap.. (there will be an opportunity for that below). It's meant to be a means to swap some great varieties of all sorts so that we can all share our gardens with one another.

Rule#9 ~ Your packets should include the following information: (and if they don't, I will send you back 50 packs of Black Eyed Susan seeds. ) (JUST KIDDING!!!..but it WAS a good year for them once again...lol !!)
You packets should include:
--Your Gardenweb ID (if you don't mind!)Might be helpful to those of us that might want to contact a seed trader for more information on the particular plant.
--Seed Variety name. Botanical name too if you happen to know it. Any known info re: height, shade or p/shade or full sun. Color of flower might be nice.
--YEAR seed was harvested. No seeds older than 2012 please!
--One of the following three codes:
--(C) for Commercial Seed
--(T) for seed obtained by Trade
--(G) for seed grown in your own Garden

Rule#10 ~ Please send in a 'SENT' list with all the varieties listed that you have sent in for the swap. This will also help me to keep from returning your own seed back to you.

Rule#11 ~ Please also send in a 'WISH' list of up to 20 items and up to 10 specific tomato varieties that you want the MOST. Please be specific. If you want only blue flowers.. please state that. If you want only vines.. state that. If you want shade only plants.. state that. But please understand that I can only fill your wishes from the variety of seeds that are sent in for the swap. If no one sends in a specific variety, you may not receive it. So give me a broad list from which to grant your wishes. I will use this to try to fill some of your ultimate wishes and I will also be using your regular wish list on your GW page. If you do not wish to receive tomatoes in your package, PLEASE note this on your wish list page!

Rule#12 ~ 'Side swaps' are allowed and even encouraged. BE SURE to check one another's posts on here to BE SURE it is ok to contact someone directly regarding a trade. If a player has not stated that they are ok to be contacted for trades PLEASE do not contact them without at least posting a question here on the swap thread first. ALL side swaps should be packaged in a baggie plainly marked with the recipient's Gardenweb ID on the outside of the baggie. Any side swap baggies will be put directly into the receiver's mailer. I will not be opening any of the side swap baggies. I am just acting as the mailer for you. :) I will leave it up to each of you to keep up with your own side swap trades as I will not be monitoring that process.

Rule#13 ~ 'Gifts' and 'Extras'. Here is where you will have an opportunity to clean out that seed box. You are welcome to go thru everyone's individual wish lists and 'gift' seeds to an individual person. I'm sure we would all be thrilled to have those 'gifts', but I am not making it a mandatory requirement. Again, any 'gifted' seeds should be put into a baggie with the recipient's gardenweb ID marked plainly on the front of it. If you do not have the time or the desire to go that route you are welcome to put any 'Extras' you have into a larger baggie and just mark it plainly on the outside as 'Extras'. **If you send in a huge baggie of thousands of, let's say.. Bread Seed Poppy seeds, please also send some empty individual packets that I can use to break down the large amounts into swap size packets. I don't mind doing the extra work of breaking down the larger quantities but I really can't afford to buy hundreds of extra baggies to carry out that process.** Any 'Extras' will be used to supplement the newbie envelopes, some will be offered up as a 'last call' before I mail out, and many will be sent to the newbies via a thread request or possibly even the Newbie Project that bakemom so graciously hosts and/or to Trudi's Wintersown.org to share with future new winter sowers.

**DISCLAIMER** Please know that I will do all I humanly can to fill as many of your wishes both on your 'wish' list and your regular gardenweb page. BUT this all depends on YOU, the participants and the types of seeds that you send in. The more common seeds and 'fillers' are definitely a necessary need in our gardens but let's try to really please each other and send in some crowd favorites as well. And newbies, don't be overwhelmed. If you only have 10 to 15 types of seed to send in, go for it! I can personally guarantee you will receive more packs than you sent in just for your participation!

Everyone will receive no less than the amount of seed packets mailed in and, most likely, many more!

Again, if you have questions, please post here or put them in your emails to me. I will be responding to emails every night.

Now, let's start digging in those seed boxes and harvesting those seeds from our gardens and let's have some FUN!

~Wendy / Sassyb. / AKA your personal WS seed enabler! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: ~*~ Welcome to WinterSwap 2013! ~*~

My name is Docmom (Martha) and I've been wintersowing for about ten years. Who counts anymore? I'm headed to update my trade list. I haven't done many swaps, but I like to trade with individuals. I'm looking forward to this.

Martha

o

Oops. I am open to side trades, but do not want any tomatoes or edibles.

Martha (Docmom)

o

Hi! :)

My name's Michael (heavenlyfarm) and this will actually be my first year getting back into gardening and wintersowing!! I hope trying wintersowing this year will provide nicer plants then the leggy ones under lights lol. I'm gonna send you an email then Wendy :)

~Michael

P.S. open to side trades but only what veggies and edibles are on my want list please (i have limited room for veggies anymore due to the veggie garden being destroyed to make room for a bigger driveway :( )

o

My name is Morgan and I have been a seed addict for 6 years thanks to wintersowing! I have been focusing more on native plants for wildlife lately,especially host plants for raising butterflies and moths. I also have a garden for fruits and veggies that is quite small by "country standards", but large enough for our suburban yard.

o

I didn't get a message back yet! let me know if you got it! :)
~michael

o

maybe post in the round robin exchange forum to get more people involved? :)
~Michael

o

Apparently my email considers GW posts a threat..lol I've fixed that little issue! Welcome everyone!

What's everyone up to so close to the holidays? I've just finished my last round of finals this past week. I am looking forward to some free time at last and lots of garden seed catalog drooling! :)

A little mix up of the timeframe for signing up. Loveblooms noticed my little oops in the beginning rules. Sign ups are allowed until January 10th. Packages must be mailed no later than January 16th in order to arrive with enough time for me to sort for a January 31st return flight. Hopefully that sorts any misunderstanding up!

Welcome Docmom and Heavenlyfarm and Molanic! I'm so glad you all have joined in. I've also had some entries via email I'm getting to today including ishareflowers, poisondartfrog, ohfiddlesticks and possibly ellenrr.

Thanks so much for joining! I'll be emailing each of you shortly. I've also been given permission to share the info of the swap on the winter sowing facebook page and will hopefully gather some new attention. :)

Thanks for joining!
~Sassyb

o

For anyone wanting a direct link to editing and viewing trade pages.

Link to edit your exchange lists, you must be logged in first.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch-edit.cgi

To view any user's exchange list use this link below with their gardenweb username added to the END of the address.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/

o

Hi, Sassy - count me in, please! I'll try to get a 'haves' list together by early January; any participants can ignore my 'wants' list - it's obscure, outdated, and I like everything anyway, especially easy to grow stuff!

Hope you all are enjoying your December - I just got back from Scotland, where I have a new grandbaby. Had a wonderful time with my daughter and son-in-law and their family, but have done NOTHING for Christmas yet - guess I better get a move on!

o

I've read through the rules and I think I've got it figured out, so I'm in. : ) This is my first year wintersowing and I've got 4 jugs started so far with my milkweed newbie seeds from docmom, with lots more to come. I think I'm already addicted to this method and I'm looking forward to planting lots of flowers and veggies from wintersown starts. I'm still working on updating my have and want lists, but I am open to side trades if someone is interested in something I have.

o

I wish to join! My name is Lisa and I am a wintersowing newbie. I tried it a few years ago and got mixed results but have done a lot more research and think I'll have better luck this year. I am open to doind side trades and have lots f seeds if you want to take a look at my trade list!

o

I'm joining as a wintersowing newbie, too. It will certainly open up a lot of space in the makeshift basement greenhouse.

Right now I'm open to side trades for anything on my wish list and anything I can sow in winter that will bloom in early to mid-spring other than poppies and pansies. Suggestions, anyone, for what I should look for?

Also, my trade list has been culled after a recent group swap; I have yet to add to it other things I have, but there are plenty of winter-sowable seeds and otherwise there.

Oh, and outside of this trade, I do have an updated plant list and I'd love some perennials or cuttings from my seeds-wanted list to overwinter, if anyone has them.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade Lists

o

Also, where is bakemom's newbie project? I'd like to check that out.

o

Sign me up, Sassy.
My name is Alana and I have been wintersowing a long time. I am too impatient to grow bedding annuals this way, but I wintersow perennials that won't bloom the first year from seed and anything else that needs stratification to germinate.

o

I'm in too!

My name is Lisa and I have been wintersowing for about 6 years. I wintersow my hardy annuals BUT put them in a heated greenhouse in March to hurry them along....

It's snowing like mad here today and I was bored so my package is ready. haha

Lisa

o

Please sign me up! I'm Jenny and I have been wintersowing for 3 years. It is very rewarding. I'm looking for seeds for plants that will attract butterflies, hummers, bees and birds that are hardy and will grow in Zone 7. If you have a flower or shrub that deer avoid, I might want that, too. I don't like plants that spread aggresively. I have enough of them already. I am open to side trades so please look at my lists and contact me if you see something you want or have something I want. This looks like a fun trade. Thanks Wendy, for being our host and feeding my addiction. Jen R.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perennial list for Winter sowing w/ Zones

o

Here is another helpful list for hardy annuals.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hardy Annuals for Winter Sowing

o

Just an update, Ill probably be sending my package out after Christmas Day as I'm still seeing if I receive anymore cards from the Secret Santa Swap I'm participating in :) Then I can include any extras I don't want and so I don't put anything on my want list that I got lol I have too many wants and wanna try alot of winter sowing also!! lol
~Michael

o

Forgot to post that I am open to side swaps and that I do want tomatoes as well. I just had to update my trade lists since I ran out of some things from another swap. I also found some new wants in a book again!

If anybody is interested in any of the host plants on my list just let me know. I am happy to gift them. I'm trying to go more native and collected a lot of seeds from the ones I already have, hoping other people would want them too.

I also have a lot of seed of royal catchfly which is a must have for any hummingbird lovers. They went nuts for it this year. It is such an intense red and has slightly sticky stems that traps tiny bugs for them to eat too.

o

I'm glad I stumbled upon this! I was beginning to think there would not be a winterswap this year.

Sign me up!
I'm Jeff and I have been wintersowing for... three years? Maybe four. I don't remember. I will be wintersowing again this year - hopefully on time. Last year's results were fairly "meh" since only half of the containers sprouted and the other half... Well, they finally made it into the ground. Regardless, I'm eager to give it another go and see what pops up this time!

o

Morgan, I would love to have a few of the Silene regia seeds if you are including some in the swap.
Alana

o

I sent my seeds off on Friday 12/20.
Have a Safe & Happy Holiday, everyone.

o

Hey!
Just wanted to say, I updated my trade lists :) so check them out! Again, open to side trades and I'm interested in tomatoes but I really don't have any tomato seeds to offer this year :/ but I promise I will next year! Btw if something interest you in my want list, I will try to include it in my package before it is mailed off! I really didn't include everything on my list because some are just mixes (Rose of Sharon), some I didn't think were that great for winter sowing (yucca, hyacinth bean vine) so please let me know if anything strikes your fancy! :)
~michael

P.S. sorry that I keep posting but I'm excited about this round robin!! lol

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade lists!

o

Ok, I am in! :)

I am Dawn. This will be my second year wintersowing. I already started yesterday. I am excited. I am definitely open to side trades....I hope I have some interesting things. :)

o

Hi everyone! I have had a heck of a time getting signed in. I'm not sure why I've had so much trouble with GW this year. hmmpf!

Welcome Welcome Welcome to all the new arrivals! Welcome to Drippy, em247, Paperfinch, Lovesblooms, Ishareflowers, Jensyen, Poisondartfrog, VAJeff and carolinaflowerlover!

I'll be sending out emails w/ mailing address, etc this evening so if you haven't received any email from me by tomorrow (12/23) please let me know!

I'll be hosting a game just after Christmas, so stay tuned! :)

Thanks!
Sassyb

o

I am joining the swap as a newbie! My name is Dan and I am looking forward to winter sowing this season.
I am open to side trades, though I still need to divide up the seeds I have into packets for this swap, so I'm not sure how many sides I can actually do with others outside of this swap til I sort out what I have. Please send me a message if you're interested.
Please no edibles other than the smaller form cherry tomato plants that can handle container growth; last year we did 10, 10 gallon containers of tomatoes with mixed results.
Thanks for all the swaps!
Dan

o

Sassy, I had trouble signing in this evening....maybe it was website issues?

Thanks! :)

o

Sassy, no email from you yet....do I need to be concerned? :)

o

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your day is filled with family, fun and love! oh.. and seeds! :)

Carolina - I don't believe I've gotten an email from you yet. I'll check this evening!

o

Carolina/Dawn - I did get your email a bit ago, but it is thru Garden web only and there's no return email address. You'll have to adjust your settings to allow me to be able to see your email address or else send me another email with your email address in the body and I'll put it on my spreadsheet that way :)

Thanks!

o

I think I fixed the settings, but I sent a regular email, also. Thanks for being patient as you teach me/I figure this out. :)

o

I'd like to get involved. I think my last try was lost.

o

I'd like to get involved. I think my last post got lost.

o

Do you have a deadline for signing up?
Heidi

o

I would like to join too! My name is Mary, and I have been wintersowing for 3 years because I find it much easier than starting plants in the house and trying to harden them off to withstand outdoor conditions. If I have time, I would be open to side trades...trying to get What's Left On My Wish List trade finished and mailed before Jan. 6. If I do not have time, I will make and Extras bag. I'm expecting lots of tomatoes from another trade, but will list 10 tomato varieties that I would like to try.

o

Do you have a guideline for how many seeds to include of large, medium, or small seeds?

o

That Royal Catchfly looks beautiful! I'd love to try some if you have a little to spare molanic.

o

Wendy,

I will be sending my package out tomorrow most likely so be on the lookout for it! :)
Btw, Merry Late Christmas everyone! I hope everyone got what they wanted! I think the most exciting things about this Christmas was winter sowing, eating cookies and trading seeds this year! :) Thank you everyone
~michael

o

Well...I thought I mailed my seeds a couple of days ago but when I unloaded groceries earlier, there they were. I will mail them tomorrow for real.
Alana

o

I finally responded to Sassy's email, which she sent in the middle of December, with the info she requested. I'm not organized enough to do side trades, I'm afraid, My real name is Kim - Drippy was our late Newfie's name. My DH just got a new puppy named Ooli (really O with an umlat, not two O's, but that's more or less how you pronounce it) and he has put the house in complete chaos. All shoes are at risk! :)

o

Welcome back everyone! I just got back home from extended family visits. It's so good to be home! lol

VAJeff and Jbraun ~ I did receive your emails, however, when I try to respond your actual email address is hidden to me. It just shows as gardenweb user. Please shoot me another email with your email address in the body and/or change your GW settings so I can actually see what it is, please. After I rec'v it, I'll send you the mailing info!

A big welcome to VAJeff, Jbraun, Drippy, Midwestfarmwife, and possibly Xiangirl!

I'll be posting the 1st giveaway this evening, so check back soon! :)

Thanks!
Sassyb

o

Jensyen ~ Your pkg was the first to arrive and it arrived safe and sound! :)

Alana ~ I'll be on the look-out for yours :)

o

OK.. I've lurked long enough on this page.. I'm in!
Thanks for hosting... I hope to get things in within the next few days.
George

o

Sassy, you and I exchanged an email about joining the swap...thanks. I think an email containing where to send my package fell through the cracks. Could you please pass that along via email?
Thanks so much for organizing the swap as well. I finally got my stash sorted out and will send along my package ASAP. Looking forward to sowing all the new found treasures!
Dan

o

Hi, Sassy - Happy New Year! I put my package in the mail to you this morning - swap amount plus several extras for newbies and others (and extra postage for distribution). Thank you, and hope you have fun sorting!

o

Hi everyone!

I believe everyone should have received their emails from me w/ mailing info, etc. Pls let me know if you haven't!

I have received package#2 from heavenlyfarm! It arrived safe n sound.

GAME TIME!!

Not so much a game, really, more a get to know you!

Post a comment stating your worst and best attempts at Winter Sowing. If you're brand new to the art of Winter Sowing, share with us your best and worst attempts at any sort of gardening! Then tell us what your goals are in your gardens for the new year!

Everyone that participates will receive 2 bonus packs of seeds!

I'll start. I started Winter Sowing back in 2008. My worst attempts were with poppies (kept them in the containers too long!) and with Echinacea (turns out I'd planted the chaff and not the actual seeds at all!) My best attempts have been milkweeds, agastache, hollyhocks, snapdragons and foxgloves. :)

I hope everyone has a safe, fun and Happy New Year's Eve. Be safe!

~Wendy / Sassyb.

o

I am game! :)

This is my second year. I consider my worst attempt to be at delphinium. I love delphinium, but I just cannot keep them alive or sprout more than a few. :( I got so excited when one or two sprouted last winter, but they died quickly....I think they got too wet. :( I am trying again this year, though! I also decided CA poppies were not good....they sprouted well, but did not transplant well.

My best flower was probably marigolds. I love yellow marigolds. I got a lot of them! I bought some and spring-sowed some too. I ended up with two very large marigolds.....I wonder if they were the winter sowed ones. :) I also had great luck with balsam.

o

Yay!! Good to hear and I'm game too! :)

First year winter sowing so my overall worst attempt at gardening I think would be when I first got into it and did not bother with seed germination requirements and thought as long as I planted the seed and watered, it should come up lol unfortunately I had alot of failures with seeds but my excuse, was I was young and new! Also, no matter what I try, I can never get butterfly weed (asclepias) to germinate for me!
Best attempts, I've had alot of good luck with hibiscus, rose of Sharon, and passionflowers. I use to have one side of my whole room with grow-lights and different varieties of passionflower. Also I will say I was very happy with one of my first seed growing attempt with swan river daisy! I was so proud of myself for that one and showed it to everyone when it flowered! lol

Goals:
1. To get all of the old hill gardens weeded and filled in with new plants and watch it grow together and look beautiful!
2. Take care of the fruit trees/blueberries to hopefully get a harvest this year!
3. and just to have fun with what I'm doing and go with it! :)

~Michael

o

What a fun idea! I'm game as well.
My worst attempt at gardening would have to be using poor containers (like those paper egg cartons that dry out and kill seedlings) for germinating and trying to transplant seedlings that really don't like to be transplanted, like dill.
As for my best attempts, I've had great success with tomatoes, alliums, cole crops, and edamame. Even African marigolds, and DEFINITELY succulents and tuberous perennials. Now that it's winter I'm trying to get better at winter sowing as well as keeping several "Lowe's Clearance Bin " orchids alive.
Goals:
1. To successfully create a basement greenhouse for my plant starts as well as stockpile and plant wintersown seeds outside.
2. Plant some fruit trees and berry bushes in the spring.
3. Make raised beds for my new garden!

- Lisa (Paperfinch)

o

I forgot my goals. :)

My goal is to grow almost everything I want from seed. :)

o

Okay, I do NOT need extra seeds, but I'll play for the fun of it.

I have been wintersowing for somewhere around 10 years; I've forgotten the exact year I started. I have moved from Massachusetts to South Carolina to Alabama in those years; and my best attempt at wintersowing was being able to take seeds from the rosa rugosa alba that my mother gave me when we first moved into our home in MA and germinate them here - I now have a good healthy plant growing in AL that I hope will bloom in another 2 years.

My worst attempt was successfully germinating Canadian thistle (cirsium arvense). It grew like kudzu in my MA garden, and I was pulling it out constantly, in shock at how fast it grew. Anyone ever seen Little Shop of Horrors? It reminded me of the plant in that.

My goal - why, to grow one of everything that grows on the planet, of course. :)

o

It's my first year wintersowing, so I'll just share my best and worst gardening experiences. I haven't been gardening very long, but I've definitely had plenty of learning moments already. : )

Best-I was so proud of the Swiss chard I grew last summer. Not only was it tasty, but it plucked right along through the dry heat and pests to produce right up until frost. That's one plant I'll never be without in my garden and I'll hopefully have a cold frame by next autumn so I can have it growing most of the year.

Worst-Chives. I know they should be stupidly easy to grow, and they did germinate nicely. But for some reason my brain decided that because they looked like grass they would spread like it and I would only need a couple of seeds and then it would magically spread out into the beautiful clumps I see in my mind when I think of chives. Needless to say, the two seeds I transplanted were quickly choked out in my little herb patch when the basil next to it grew unruly. I learned from that though and the wintersown containers I have of chives for next years garden already have a lot more seed in them to be planted in one big clump. ; )

One thing I'd like to do better next year is pruning and trellising my tomatoes. I waited too long to get my trellises up and ended up using woefully inadequate cages and pruning my tomatoes in an absolutely god awful fashion that I'm sure hurt my yields. Between that, the plants constantly falling over and the ground squirrels taking a bite of each fruit as soon as it was remotely ripe, I think I missed out on a lot of fruit.

P.S. I mailed my package out earlier this week. So it should be coming your way soon.

o

There haven't been too many wintersowing failures for me which is why I keep doing it! One thing I have tried to wintersow just about every year and failed at though is borage. One year I thought I finally had sprouts and planted it out. It got huge and had beautiful blue flowers just like it was supposed to. I was using it as a companion plant in the veggie garden and to eat. I plucked off a few leaves and gave them to my mom to try... telling her they were supposed to taste like cucumber. Thank god she didn't love it because I later found out it was not borage, but comfrey... which in large amounts supposedly can cause liver damage! I learned my lesson to always correctly id the new to me edibles received in trade before ingesting. I also still have yet to grow borage.

My best wintersowing success is all the host plants I have been able to grow this way that let me raise hundreds of butterflies over the past few years.

Also the large stand of cardinal flower I now have for the hummingbirds. I had bought that plant many times over the years and it never lasted more than a year. The wintersown plants thrive though and it is easy to start more just in case.

My goal for this year is to start more native host plants and hopefully get some new wildlife species to visit me. I now have two good sized wafer ashes that were wintersown with seed from a lovely gardenweber. I'm hoping to get some tiger swallowtails or even a giant swallowtail (my rare holy grail) to lay eggs on it.

o

I was looking through want lists and wanted to make sure my list of people was right. We have 17 now right?

sassybutterfly_2008
docmom
heavenlyfarm
molanic
drippy
em247
Paperfinch
lovesblooms
poisondartfrog
ishareflowers
jensyen
vajeff
carolinaflowerlover
bugdoctor
jbraun
midwestfarmwife
gee_oh_nyc

o

Molanic ~ Lucky you growing comfrey! I've been trying to get good seeds of that for ages now. Glad you figured out what it was tho.

I also have 2 people that are participating from the Winter Sowing Facebook group. Might have more join in before the deadline. They don't know me tho, so people are probably unsure whether it's safe to send seeds to someone they don't know..lol I understand that. I'm gonna get more active on there so next year hopefully more people will join in.

It is a gray cold and wet day here today. Can't wait til spring!

o

I sooooo want to get outside to sow more, but the low is 35 tomorrow. And there will be wind. Brrrr! :(

At least I have this to keep me occupied. :)

This post was edited by carolinaflowerlover on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 22:29

o

I'm Alana and I am a zone pusher. My goal is always to free up heated space for seeds that need it by wintersowing those that respond well to chilling.
My biggest failures stem from seeding too heavily and not thinning the seedlings. Eventually I discard the weakened, matted mess of young plants without planting a single specimen.
My biggest success has been germinating Cleome lutea. It is not at all suited to my climate and wintersowing is the only method that has worked for me.

o

PDF....that is beautiful! :):):)

Sooo.....anyone want yellow marigold seeds as a gift? I know....but, I love them and I love collecting the seeds, so I have a lot. :p I just want to be sure they are used. I am not sending them in the general pile, as I assume they are very common for most people.

This post was edited by carolinaflowerlover on Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 0:44

o

Hi Wendy and everyone,
I hope you are all doing OK in this Arctic Chill!
My seeds are on their way to you.
This is my seventh year wintersowing ... and it's transformed my small urban garden.
Failures: Haha... those first years ANYTHING became a wintersowing container... even small plastic take out cartons that baked the poor sprouts almost as soon as they appeared. Live and learn...
Biggest success: Toad Lilies! I look forward to them every end-of-season; and some of them have grown into huge sturdy clumps that I share with lots of folk.
BUT REALLY the biggest success is the amazingly generous and upbeat wintersowing gardeners who inspire me every year! Thanks everyone.
Goals: To have the people who enjoy my garden to notice something new every day.
To cover every bare patch with a healthy plant.
Happy New Year all.

o

Sassy, the comfrey was beautiful and I wish I could have kept it and collected seed from it. Unfortunately since I thought it was annual borage I had planted it right in the middle of my vegetable bed that gets rotated and worked every year. I tried moving it but found it had a very long taproot that broke off. Very pretty flowers as I recall similar to virginia bluebells. Incidentally it is in the borage family which is maybe why it was labeled as borage.

Planning on packing up my seeds today. Perfect thing to do in this weather. Yesterday it got down to -18 with windchills of -40, and the high was only -7. Today it is warming up and only down to -10 :). I'm glad I got all the snow shoveled this weekend before the temperature dropped that much. I think it is somewhere between one and two feet, but hard to tell since the wind blew it all over the place to varying depths. Before I do any wintersowing I'm going to have to dig out a place to put my containers!

o

Wow... this has been a real uhh.. cold snap, huh? I'm in the south so this is very unnatural for our area to say the least! It's been like Noah's Ark at our house since I had to let in all cats, dogs, and bunnies for 3 days straight. I know many of you in the North had temps I cannot even conceive of! We got down to 1F with a wind chill of -10 and then by this Saturday we'll be back up to 67F. CRAZY weather!!

I've received quite a few pkgs the past few days. I'll put up a list tonight of whose packages have been received thus far.

Stay warm!

o

An unsuccessful winter sowing attempt for me was eggplant. It doesn't seem to warm up early enough here to give it time to produce decent sized eggplants.
One year I had so many cabbage plants, both red and green, that I had to give lots away. I started them outside in March in a sheltered area by the house, and they germinated quickly.
Another success has been my little Japanese Maple seedlings. I germinate them in the fridge in a damp mixture of coconut coir and potting soil, and when they sprout move them outside. Some are a couple of feet tall now, and there must be at least 75 of them tucked into my flower beds. I bought an assortment of seed on ebay...laceleaf, weeping, variegated in red, pink, crimson, and orange. There are several packs that have sprouted now, and I'm trying to hold them until spring. The real challenge will be how to squeeze them into our landscape when the yard is already overflowing with plants, shrubs, and trees. Guess I'll have to expand into the pasture and build a fence around each one LOL!
My goal this spring is to have a little Amish greenhouse like I saw online. 10'x16' would be big enough for me. I think that I can have it made locally for about 1/2 the price as advertised. If anyone wants to check it out, it's called Colonial Gable Greenhouse and comes as a kit or delivered prebuilt from northern Ohio.

o

A quick update on packages received:

Xiangirl - received
Bugdoctor - received
Docmom - received
Em247 - received
Ishareflowers - received
Paperfinch - received
Poisondartfrog - received
Drippy - received
Jensyen - received
Heavenlyfarm - received

I'll be updating daily as more pkgs arrive.

Stay warm!

o

PDF, I didn't know there were yellow cleomes--gorgeous!

Molanic, I wish I'd known--I'd have sent you my borage plants as a consolation prize. They got way too big for where they were planted, and although the blue flowers were deliciously cucumber-y--and gorgeous with violets in salads last spring--I ended up pulling them. I didn't wintersow them, though--they were sown early indoors.

Emily, Swiss Chard is tough! I went out there a few weeks ago and found a plant still alive in its peat plug, where it had been flung during the potato harvest months ago. I should have planted more! I think I will!

And, um, midwestfarmwife, I've use for one or two Japanese maples, as you'll see further down the post. Please just email me if you'd like to trade plants for any of your extras this spring!

Okay, this is my first year wintersowing, so I'll have to make a difficult confession about my greatest failure in "regular" gardening (other than lettuces, carrots, and melons, from which I honestly didn't expect much in the first place).

*peeking furtively right and left*

TOMATOES.

*Ducking rotten ones*

I know, HOW, right? In 2012, it was hot and dry. I couldn't water and feed them enough and the few fruits were tiny and terribly catfaced. In 2013 it was cool and wet. The weather watered them a bit too much and the burgeoning fruits were mostly destroyed by blight.

But worst of all? I don't even like tomatoes!

I've halfway convinced myself I must grow them because my dislike is only due to the fact I've yet to taste a "real" tomato (I did have a White Tomesol or two in 2013 that had an unforgettable smoky flavor, so I'm hopeful for what heirlooms have in store, tastewise), and halfway because... well, if I can't grow tomatoes I can't really garden, because tomatoes--unlike lettuce and carrots, to my mind--are NECESSARY in any vegetable garden.

Peppers? Check! Eggplants? Check! Okra? Check! Any kind of squash? Check! Potatoes? Check! Chard? Check! Flowers and herbs? A million checks! Tomatoes... *despairing sigh.*

Okay, that's my failure. Since I'm new to this, everything that goes well makes me very excited and is rated a success, lol! But a couple: I sort of half wintersowed peas in 2013. I sowed them indoors in peat plugs under lights in the unheated basement, but they sprouted and grew so fast I had to transplant them and the chard in January, just before one of our (pretty lame) January snowstorms. I acted like I knew what I was doing and reassured my family even as the first few snowflakes fell while I was digging holes that these were known as cool-weather crops and would be "fine." They all nodded along with me, but probably thought I was nuts. I thought I was nuts. I added a couple extra pea seeds a few weeks later, just in case. But not only did all the plants survive, the new seeds sprouted and quickly grew into a delicious snowpea crop--first one ever. I didn't know what I'd done until a few weeks ago, but I'm definitely doing it again!

The other was also in 2013. Because of the weather, so much failed that year, not just the tomatoes, that I was quite proud of all the things that did survive. But my favorite was the red roselle (which I'm out of--did I put that on my wishlist?). I fretted over those seeds, because they sprouted and then seemed to do nothing for months, and then I had to replace a plant or two, but they suddenly shot up to 6 feet tall by the end of the season, blooming beautifully one flower at a time and leaving behind these gorgeous deep red calyxes. My 4-year-old daughter and 3-year-old nephew had a nice time finding and picking them at the very end of the season, and I made some delicious, zingy red tea. I still have some calyxes in the deep freezer.

So my goals this spring: TOMATOES (duh!) and also turning a large portion of my my sloping, sadly eroded, red clay-based front lawn into a garden bed--all by way of the seeds I'm wintersowing this year, plus some pretty shrubs, roses, and maybe a small tree.

Also, a question: it's supposed to get pretty warm this weekend here. I'm worried a few things might sprout out there. I have some garden fleece, but how does it work--do you put it on at night and take it off during the day, or leave it on except to water until spring?

Also, Sassy, I'm trying to do poppies this year, too. What's your usual method with those? I've heard they don't transplant well, and my single experience with them has proven that, although they did recover after weeks of sulking. I want a field of poppies and snapdragons this spring for one of my garden beds.

o

is this the last day to register? my name is Winnie, I started wintersowing last year. gardening the last 5 years mostly flowers.where can I mail the seeds to? am I too late?

o

Winnie13 ~ you're not too late! :) Just send me an email with your name, address and your email address and start packing those seeds! :)

I'm off to my son's bday party.. 20 years old. Where does the time go!?! :)

o

carolinaflowerlover, I love marigolds and would love to receive some yellow ones. I love that they are late fall bloomers. When everything else is gone I enjoy seeing their bright colors from across the yard.

o

I agree, jensyen! :) I will send some for you. :)

o

Put mine in the mail today.

o

It's hard to believe but I have never ever grown marigolds. And I don't know why! lol

I was thinking of trying them this year as I've read they help with some veggies in deterring pests. I just have to figure out if they all help or only specific varieties.

I've seen some cute ones in the catalogs this year tho!

o

Sassy, do you want some, too? I have some lemon drop marigolds left. :)

o

I included some marigolds in my package to be swapped or gifted away :) They produce huge orange and yellow full flowers...I unfortunately lost the name tho :/ and Marigolds, I love the smell of them and the blooms and colors they provide near the end of the season! plus this year, i hope to use them to deter away pests also!
~Michael

o

Mine are off! They should get to you Thursday. I put in some marigolds for you, sassy. If you do not want them, please add them to jensyen's bag or give to whomever you see fit, inside or outside this trade. Thank you for doing this! :)

o

Thanks carolina! I've received 3 more pkgs yesterday. I'll update the received list after I get home from school today.

yay!

o

Did mine make it ok?

You are doing this AND school?! Wow...you must be very busy! Thanks for hosting. :)

o

So sorry for the delay! I've been away from home for a few days as our furnace went kaput. And it's been COLD!! Had to stay w/ a family member but they are working on it today and I'll be home this evening and will give ya'll an update then. I know some more pkgs have come I just haven't seen whose they are til I get home.

Hugs and Stay warm!!

o

Brrrrrrr! I am sorry to hear. You stay warm!

o

Hey, thought I'd ask everyone what they are doing with the current weather? Here, we are getting snow but I don't think it is that bad again, besides ruining my hope for sprouting containers and keeping me from doing yard clean-up! I sorted through my seed bins today and winter sown any perennials, I missed. (3 containers) I can't wait to get the seeds from this swap to give me some more to drool over and try winter sowing! :)
~Michael

o

Isn't this weather just crazy!?! I cannot imagine how those of you up north are coping with all this snow. We've still yet to see more than a few flakes come down. But it is frigid, nonetheless. Seems like if it's gonna be this cold, we should at least get a little bit of snow!

I hold off on my WS'ing til mid to end of February because we have such drastic temp fluctuations. It can literally be 70 one day and in the 20's by the weekend. It's just nuts! I have been working on my veggie garden plans this week. Really looking forward to this year!

I'm going to be opening up the packages starting this evening. If anything is amiss or if I have a question about your wants, etc. I'll be emailing each of ya directly.

o

I am little further north than you, Sassy, but we can have similar fluctuations. I started in December....whoops! On the bright side, I already have forget-me-not, blanketflower, stock, painted Daisy, lupine, and plains coreopsis sprouting. Now, will they survive the weather nuttiness? That is a whole other question! Lol

Did you get your heat fixed?

Michael, I spent a lot of time organizing my seeds, making a document with basic seed/flower info, and updating my interest/have lists during the cold weather. :) Well, I braved a few days of 30s to sow seeds. That is probably nothing to many of you. I am not used to such constantly cold weather. Brrr! The snow is pretty, though. :)

This post was edited by carolinaflowerlover on Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 18:48

o

We are having the strangest weather as well...it was close to 65 degrees today and we live just outside of Boulder, Colorado. Here it is in the middle of January and people in our neighborhood are wearing shorts and t-shirts to rake their yards. I took advantage of this nice day and relocated some geraniums to a shadier spot to make room for this year's WS treats. No snow on the ground and the soil is workable...it's unbelievable!
Send the snow our way, I don't want sprouts in January just to perish in the inevitable cold blast that I suspect is coming this spring.

I too am excited for the trade! I'm a newbie and look forward to planning out a home for all the treats from this swap! Thanks so much everyone for participating.

Stay warm down there!
Dan

o

I am so jealous!! I am dying to get outside! Again, today it is snowing(supposedly 2-4 inches we will get) and the containers are still covered from last time...I miss the good weather, at least the other week I could get out and prune some perennials back that should have been done in fall. I am just reading books, planning some gardening purchases for this year and staying warm! I can't wait till I get see the results from my first year of wintersowing! :)
~michael

o

Crazy weather in Ohio too...days on end way below freezing and lots of snow. It's not fun with lambs being born and propane shortages. People here are lucky to have 15 % of their tanks full. Nothing like new seeds to keep alive the promise of spring!

o

Sassy, you are in GA, right? Did you get a lot of snow? How are things going down there? We got some...went sledding for the first time in 4-5 years. :):)

I have wintersowed 227 containers. I can count only 226, since a dog (not mine) pulled a bunch off my table...destroying the lid of one. :( Stuff is still sprouting, though some will die with the wacky weather changes. Oh well....it is still fun. :)

o

Sassy, I have a major favor, if you didn't finish the packages can you please add standard bleeding heart to my wish list? i totally didn't think of it till recently when I saw it pictured! or if anyone here has some seeds, would you be interested in trading?
Carolinaflowerlover, I know I posted on the Zone Wars but thought it be more appropriate to continue talking on this post! I use it as my therapy too, when work is bad is usually when I come home and do multiple containers! Is it hard to keep up with the containers once they start sprouting and lids need to be removed and such?
~michael

o

Hmmm I am trying to remember last year. I think only about 50% germinated last year for various reasons (not planting correct depth...maybe sowing too late....not using milk jugs last year...who knows). I think I did get a little overwhelmed planting them, but I also was buying too many other flowers. This year, my goal is to buy very few flowers and mainly direct sow or winter sow seeds. I do not expect more than 50% to sprout due to my inexperience...we shall see! :)

I do remember the lid thing driving me nuts last year, because I had a lot of containers with hinged lids....I had to try to weigh the lids down, and they took up so much space. Stupidly, I tossed those--they were some of my best containers. It hit me this year that I can just cut the lid at the hinge. When it is time to remove lids, I can just dump them into a tote in the garage. :)

o

Lol I'm hoping its not too bad and the removing/closing the lids when it gets cold isn't too bad. I'm hoping for lots of new plants for cheap also! I'd say 99% of my seeds are seeds from trade too... tho I'm so tempted to spend a little on Sample Seed Shop for a few more to try!! I just don't wanna overwhelm myself with way too many the first year

The end of last year was a lot of changes for me in my life and this year, I'm getting back on track and doing lots of gardening, saving money to buy a home/small farm and I'm hoping this winter sowing will provide me with a lot of new flowers and happiness this year!! fingers crossed!

~michael

P.S. a little bit warmer today and melting snow :) i checked on my containers too just in case i could find a sprout lol

o

Well, it's sure been an interesting week in Ga! lol
My son took 13.5 hours to get home for a 45 minute (in normal conditions drive) !! So crazy..

I'm finishing up the last 2 pkgs today. We had 2 participants not send in anything and I've emailed but not heard any response yet. I'm going to go ahead and finish up today. The pkgs will go out in Monday's mail.

Ya'll ready for some seeds?!?!?!?! :)

I hope everyone enjoys their bounty! :) Thanks again for a great swap year. I've contacted Trudi of Wintersown.org and she will be receiving any leftovers, odd balls, and extras for future freebies to new winter sowers. She is thrilled and I am thrilled we are helping out a wonderful project.

Enjoy!

o

YAY YAY YAY!! Can't wait!!!! :) Sounds good! :)
~michael

o

Yippee! I cannot wait! Thanks! :):):)

o

Wow, 13.5 hours? We get some pretty pathetic pileups on the road in a couple of inches of snow here, too, but wow. Glad he got in safe!

Thanks for hosting, Sassy--hope you got some goodies, too!

o

Sounds like a brutal conditions... thanks even more for doing the swap with all that going on. Just wanted to make sure that my seeds arrived.. sent them out to you on Jan 7. Hoping that I'm not one of the two participants you mentioned in your last post :)
Thanks, sassy!
George

o

Yay! Thanks for all of your hard work hosting this swap will all of the other stuff you've had going on lately. Can't wait to see what comes with my envelope. : )

o

My PO sure is taking its sweet time! Someone mailed me another seed package on Monday, and it is not here, either. Doesn't the PO know how much I need the seeds...I am having withdrawals. Lol

How is everyone else doing? It has been better here....still cold, but not as bitter. I have a decent collection (10-15 ) of milk jugs/soda bottles/containers ready for my next round. I normally start direct sowing around April 1... I think I will have to wait 2-4 weeks later, though. The ground is so cold. :(

o

Yea, I know! I had shipments from Amazon that were 5 days late.. and I even ordered AFTER the ice problem down here.

I did get a weird email though on another pkg that I sent out the same day as everyone else's. This one I had it email me to follow its destination and it said that "it was an 'exception' and there would be up to a 3 day delay due to extenuating circumstances and current weather conditions."

uhh.. there is NO ice or snow here right now nor anytime this week..lol soo... I guess they are just delayed because we didn't get mail for the 1st 3 days we did have an ice issue down here. I literally watched my mailman try to stop at my mailbox on day 3 and he just slid right on by...lol

Please update and let me know as people's arrive so I won't worry! I hope you will all be pleased with your packages. :)

o

I wonder if sorting centers around the U.S. are piled up from the snow a few weeks ago/constant snow? I bet that is severely messing with stuff. I know mine is sending stuff out on time (but we have not gotten much snow/ice...just COLD), but stuff coming in seems weird this week. Oh well....I got some bulbs at Costco today to tide me over/to have packages to gaze at. Lol

Yikes! Your poor mailman. =o

o

Thank goodness!! Not that everyones packages are delayed but that we are all on the same page! Lol I was expecting to come on here and hear everyone saying they got theirs as I still wait! lol I also am waiting for mine but finally got two seed trades i did awhile back to keep me busy for a little...I am also suffering from withdrawals....

As for the weather? ICE ICE BABY. seriously, snow and ice is covering everything in a thick layer, including my containers so i have nothing to even check for hopes of a seedling!! seems i will have to wait a little longer to see the true first year results of winter sowing.....oh well :) more reading and trading. (i'm getting bad tho lol i promised no more new varieties for now but trading also keeps me busy) haha
~Michael

o

For some reason I was not getting follow-ups on this post anymore. Didn't even realize they had been mailed. I can't wait! The weather may be an issue here. We seem to be in a pattern of normalish temps with snow, then below zero temps, repeat all season. Got a REAL winter this year for sure! I'm going to have to go out and take the tops of the glaciers on either side of the driveway tomorrow before it starts snowing again. Poor visibility for backing out. I'm running out of places to put it. I have to scoop snow then walk down the sidewalk a ways to dump it. The mounds are getting too high to get my shovel up there anymore!

o

I got mine! :):):):) And wow....I can tell you really looked at my want list and matched stuff up very well. I am just absolutely amazed at what I got!!!! I am excited about those and my new ones to research and my side trades and everything!! Thank you so much, Sassy! Thank you, everyone! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

o

My seeds have arrived!!! Thank you, Thank you, everyone who participated and Wendy, our host. I love each and every seed. A special thanks to those who sent me special gift packs of seeds. Wendy, you did a great job sending what I wanted. I can't wait to get these babies winter sowed.
Happy Winter Gardening Everyone! Jen

o

Got my seeds today! Thank you so much everyone. I never need to collect or buy zinnia seed. It seems everyone always has plenty to share. I love seeing all the variations. A special thanks to Docmom too, she gave me a goodie bag with lots of special seeds.I need to get some more containers prepped and dig out a space in the snow again. Happy sowing everyone!

o

I got mine today. Thanks Wendy, and fellow swappers!
Alana

o

Wendy and WS friends - thank you for the lovely package I got today, including seeds marked as "A special gift for Drippy" (you know who you are ;)). I love all the marigolds (yes, really. I love love love marigolds and calendulas) and tomatoes, and all the interesting new ones as well. Lots of thanks to you all!

o

Got my seeds, immediately sorted them out--love them all, and I'm ready for another couple of group swaps! Thank you all so much, and thanks for hosting, Sassy--this is one swap I'd love to join again next year.

o

I was surprised to receive my seeds today - yippeeee! I had not been getting posts to my email either and was just about to check the thread when I spied my package in today's mail. Thank you to everyone who contributed a great selection of seeds and to Wendy for all her work in organizing this swap. Also, a special thank you to lovesblooms for the side swap. All of you are awesome!

o

Hahaha! I relate about the zinnias! I got a lot, too! Fortunately, I really like zinnias. I also got a lot of stuff I have never even heard of, so I'm taking some time tonight to look them up and see if they can thrive in my new urban homestead. Happy trading, everyone!

o

Thank you all so much...seriously! This was my first swap and I am soooo grateful to you all! Our little city lot is so naked, but thanks to all your benevolence, we shall remedy that!

Wendy, a special thanks to you for hosting and for giving me the nudge to join the swap. As a newbie I had no idea what kind people comprise this web community.

Molanic, a big thanks goes out to you for the gifted seeds. The pollinators are going to be so happy from your selections. I just love the selection and can see the Leps and Hymenopterans all over these!

Docmom, I hope the Bumble Bees just crawl all over the Penstemons. I am right on the edge of eastern Black Swallowtails and am targeting them as well as other mega-Leps with some of your gifts. So happy and thankful for your generosity.

Lovesblooms, the Hyssops are wonderful and much needed in our barren yard. Not for long! Thank you.

About to start researching all the varieties! This is better than Christmas!

Again, many thanks to everyone!
Dan

o

Got mine today too! Walked down the street to the mailbox in the snow and ice for it lol I saw carolinaflowerlover got seeds and i had to check!! SO many things, i really wanted from my list so thank you for the thoughtfulness put into this Sassy! And in my madness, i ripped alot of gifts open without putting names to them but thank you everyone for the gift ones too!! I started off with so little to try this year and I have so much to revitalize alot of the old gardens!! I can't wait to share pics with everyone later this year!

Since I didn't really keep everything seperated to thank everyone individually for the gifts (i'm sorries :( ), here's some of my favorite things that I thought I wouldn't get or that I'm looking forward to trying the most:

Lavender Hyssop....never really thought about it till i looked it up and it attracts bees and butterflies...well thats a keeper for sure! :)

Docmom, i was looking at an old post about your malva and i was so impressed with the deep purple and i really wanted it so I saw you had it on your list and searched in vain yesterday, to find something to impress you lol well I guess someone heard my prayers on that one!

Daylily! (poisondartfrog) - really didn't expect to get any daylily seeds to try this year and i can't wait. all i have is the wild orange ones and stella de orro lol

Trumpet Lilies....love lilies! :)

Zinnias! (yes i said zinnias!), again i was looking at old pics by people and i saw someone who had a bed of these and they looked so pretty! so i will attempt to make a bed of these, just as nice! lol

so many more, in fact, i could probably keep listing all of them but really i am so happy with my seeds!! thank you and i hope this swap will take place again! :)

Happy winter sowing everybody!! :)
~Michael

o

Just a friendly reminder to all participants.
Please leave a nice Rate & Review for our host Wendy/ Sassybutterfly_2008. Thanks

o

I got my package in the mail today. Thanks so much Wendy and all fellow traders/wintersowers. I'm excited to get these into their milkjugs soon. It brought a warm feeling in this deep freeze! Happy wintersowing everyone!

o

I don't recall who sent the white snapdragon's I received in this swap, but I sowed them on Wednesday and they have germinated en masse this morning. That was effortless and they will be ready to plant out late March. Fantastic!
Thanks.

o

I thought I posted last week, but it seems I didn't. I wanted to say that my package arrived and I'm very thrilled with the assortment.

Thank you!

o

I'm so glad everyone is pleased! And while I am thankful for REAL winter weather to WS in.. I sure am looking forward to those spring temps and seeing blossoms and GREEN again! Enjoy!

o

Hi Sassy,

I too thought I posted my Thank you but I guess I didn't!

Thank you for doing the swap and Thank you to all the people that sent in your great seeds to share.

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here