Rudbeckia and Echinacea

Posted by mnwsgal 4 Henn MN (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 8, 09 at 2:04

Rudbeckia and Echinacea both ws '07 blooms '08

Echinacea & Rudbeckia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rudbeckia and Echinacea

Oh goodie - 2 of my favorites. I am wintersowing several varieties of rudbeckias this year as well as some echinacea. I'd love to see some bloom first year. Wishful thinking I know. The Cherry Brandy is listed as an annual - wouldn't that mean that it would bloom first year?
Again, lovin the pics! Nik

o

Many rudbeckias do bloom the first year and if Cherry Brandy is an annual it had better have first year bloom. I think some places list it as a tender perennial. I also have some Cherry Brandy seeds to ws. Think I will mulch it really, really well to see if I can have it carry over the winter.

I think this rudbeckia had a small amount of bloom the first year, r. burpeii also bloomed the first year. Had r. burpeii in a pot as wasn't sure if it would be a perennial for me. I put the pot next to the house for the winter and it bloomed nicely again last summer.

o

The cherry brandy is also listed as half hardy annual. It had better bloom. Especially here in zone 7. I'm starting my seeds indoors just to make sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here