Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnwsgal

Echinacea and Rudbeckia

mnwsgal
14 years ago

{{gwi:339796}}

Wintersown 2007 This photo 2009

It is -12 degrees as I look out on my snow covered garden.

I enjoyed looking through my photos of the 2009 gardens and thought I'd share this one with you.

Comments (4)

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Bobbie, that sure lifts my spirit. I am getting bored right now. I already sowed some seeds. Watch television, walked on my treadmill. The threads on the discussion side are getting repetitive. I am looking through old pictures now.
    How about these lilies. I can't wait for this snow to melt.
    Just remember you wanted Silk Road. Can't give you any yet, because they have been VERY slow in producing new babies:
    {{gwi:20213}}

L. ÂSilk RoadÂ:
    {{gwi:339797}}
    L. ÂBuffed PixieÂ?:
    {{gwi:236038}}
    King Pete:
    {{gwi:339799}}
    L. speciosum rubrum:
    {{gwi:339800}}
    The easiest going of all:

{{gwi:1535}}

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mone, thanks for sharing your lily photos, so lovely.

I did not add any lilies last year but will go to the next NA Lily Society sale in our area and hope to find a Silk Road there. Even if I don't, I am sure there will be other interesting ones to buy. Though Silk Road is high on my want list I decided not to order it. The hunt is half the fun. Thanks for remembering that I am searching for 'Silk Road' and if your plants make babies before I find it I would still love one but if not, that is okay too.

Haven't started my ws yet, plan to get started next week. Won't be adding many perennials to my beds but will be starting some for my sister's gardens. I have a new bed created last fall to fill with perennials from holding beds and annuals that I will ws this spring.

Last year was my "Clematis" year. I added over 30 new clematis plants in the last year and a half. Some are covering the chain link fence my neighbors put up. They do a very limited amount of gardening, a few hostas and daylilies, but are interested in my gardens and allow me to use their fence. There was soom blooming on the fence last year but should be more this year and am thinking it will be beautiful the third year.

Nelly Moser

{{gwi:339801}}

NOID
    {{gwi:339802}}

'Huldine'
    {{gwi:339803}}

c. texensis 'Gravety Beauty'
    {{gwi:339805}}

And here's a shot of one of the dahlias you sent last spring.
    'Trojan'
    {{gwi:339807}}

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Piti..those lillies are smashing! Love that one with the pink, is that a Starglazer? Orange is not a favorite color for me but that is also beautiful! How long is their bloom time? Rebloomers?

• floodthelast
    13 years ago

Just wonderful all of them. Do keep sharing pics.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery