Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a pot ghetto!!!!

Posted by nikkineel GA 8/7b (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 25, 09 at 18:52

My very first pot ghetto! I think I have most of the perennials sown. Sorting the annuals...
pot ghetto

Lots of sprouts but I'm taking Trudi's advice and leaving them alone. No babying, well for now anyway...

Jan sprouts

Does anyone else care to share pics of their ghettos?
Nik

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have a pot ghetto!!!!

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 26, 09 at 20:41

Looks good! Sprouts are pretty too.

My "pot ghetto", to date, consists of five -gallon milk jugs. Not much to show .... yet.

PV

o

I have also only done 5 milk jugs this season. Will get started again next week. Meanwhile here are a couple of photos of last year's pot ghetto. This was in late April/early May before planting out.

2008 Wintersowing set up

WS Spring 2008

o

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

WOOHOO! Taken last week during the snow. I added more 2-liters this weekend.

o

Here's an older ghetto:

More...

And here's a shot of them 'on the move' later in the season so I had some clue about their final resting place.

o

I LOVE this, I'll have to try to figure out how to post my photos...anyone help direct me to a place to figure this out? I'm a D+ when it comes to computer stuff...rather have dirty hands :)

o

that is what i was looking for. thanks mmqchdygg and Nikki.

o

teequiltbarbie-
Here's an old link for you with info.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post photos here.

o

Here's mine so far.
Photobucket

o

Wow! Everyone else's pot ghettos are so neatly lined up. Mine are so "mish mash". Flood - love the snow pics! We never get that here in Georgia. I notice a few take out cups. Haven't thought of using those...
mnwsgal, I'd love to know your highest container count in one year. I'm sure it is pretty high...
Keep those pics coming. I obviously need to do a pot ghetto makeover to make mine prettier for the neighbors. Nik

o

Nik, there are many people who have sown more containers than I have sown.

I usually say 500+ as that is when I quit counting. So last night I looked through my records and counted them. 2007: 673 containers sown between solstice and May 9th. 2008: 541 containers sown between solstice and May 10th.

o

WOW! 500 plus - I can't imagine planting all that out. I'd love to see pics of your whole gardens. The individual plants are fun to see. Please, take us on a tour of the garden... (if you have the time and pics of course)
This is my first year and so far, I have over 130 containers of perennials. I can't wait to start sowing the annuals. I'm getting more and more excited about those as they will bloom so quickly.
Keep pics of those pot ghettos coming! Nikki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here