Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_greenjeans

Garden pics

organic_greenjeans
12 years ago

These aren't WS but just pics of small new gardenspot reclaimed from the 8 yrs. of neglect, & a few other things mostly started from seed or cuttings.

Hope to have good WS result pics soon!

{{gwi:339892}}{{gwi:339893}}{{gwi:339894}}{{gwi:339895}}{{gwi:339896}}

{{gwi:339897}}{{gwi:339898}}{{gwi:339899}}{{gwi:339900}}

Comments (6)

• msmashy
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

Looks like you do a lot of container gardening. I'd love to see your container stand construction. It's beautiful all planted. I can't trust myself to do containers during summer, because I forget to water and everything fries. I do love the accents containers add to porches and patios, etc. Yours are fantastic.

Martha

• organic_greenjeans
    Original Author
    12 years ago

docmom ~ Thank you so much for the warm welcome & everyone's comments, too! Even though today the weather isn't so much (warm that is), as you can see! I'm in Spokane Valley, Eastern WA, Zn 5/6. I think we're about the same latitude so in some ways we are in the same neighborhood! This is one of the things I like about the internet.

Sometimes growing & tending something living gets us through the darkest of times. That reminder from the seeds that life will come again, eventually, though somtimes needing some help (stratification)!

Containers were the only way I had to garden that year, so that's what I did. If you'll put them on drips, containers are a breeze, plus I've always direct sowed some kind of seed into mine, something that could stand alone or get along with plants added later!

The construction of these crazy upright planters is simple. Doctor's waiting room, Birds & Blooms mag, reader-contributer! Very creative lady! I'm going to try to upload the article with imstuctions to my Clippings section, so check there or I'll post here. One thing I liked about this idea was that it could be made to be informal like mine or formal for a more contemporary setting.

• organic_greenjeans
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:339901}}{{gwi:339902}}

{{gwi:339903}}{{gwi:339904}}

For some reason these didn't post with the text. My guess is operator error.

• organic_greenjeans
    Original Author
    12 years ago

docmom ~ I spent far too long trying to find information about how to upload something to My Clippings on my member page, so decided to post this article here for you!

These planters also lend themselves to a formal look by placing the pots straight atop each other without the 'tilt' on the rebar. The pictures in the article also suggest that they used 3/8 rebar. I used 5/8 for strength to avoid leaning, or worse complete capsize!

{{gwi:339905}}

Clicking on pic should take you to my flickr photostream where you can view it larger size or take to your own photo editor for resize!

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio