{{gwi:339941}}

{{gwi:339942}}

{{gwi:339945}}

It sure has been fun!

PV

Comments (13)

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing your photos, Phyllis. I always enjoy seeing the wide selection of plants that you have grown on your balcony.

Do you have a favorite that you plant or keep every year?

Bobbie

• nancy_drew
    15 years ago

Wow! It's amazing what that woman can do on her balcony! Stunning!

• PVick
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bobbie - I want to try everything, so every year is pretty different. There are the perennials, of course; some of them are on their 5th year; others I've kept for a few years and given away and some have died.

But I always try to have a petunia or two every year, and since I first grew them a couple of years ago, I'll always have melampodium and profusion zinnias.

Nancy, my balcony is halved with my next door neighbor. If I could get my hands on that part too, I'd be in heaven! 40 feet of border!

PV

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

How do you overwinter your perennials? Do you cover them with something? I can't keep perennials in containers over winter without digging a hole and sitting them in it.

Carrie

BTW - your plants are GORgeous!!!!!!!

• lgslgs
    15 years ago

I love that balcony of yours! It's cool how your small garden is so incredibly diverse.

Lynda

• PVick
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carrie - For overwintering perennials, I mulch my pots and pull them close to the building wall - that little bit of warmth is helpful. So far, so good. I did lose my fig tree in 2007's late Easter freeze - I neglected to cover it with a sheet that year (which was a relatively mild winter). STILL regretting that one ...

PV

• not_a_contessa
    15 years ago

PV, wish me luck with the 3 cuttings I got from a guy in Buffalo NY, if all 3 sprout I'll send you one...I don't need 3. They should be cold hardy, coming from Buffalo.

The year you lost yours, both of mine froze. They had given me some really nice figs, and I'm determined to replace them.

Mary

• PVick
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Mary! Fingers and toes crossed! Mine had really produced some great figs too, before it bit the dust. Just mad at myself .........

PV

• laura_in_cinti
    15 years ago

Great pics PV! It's so nice to see some green and flowers this time of year. Thanks!

• pitimpinai
    15 years ago

Great collection. Great photos too. How do you put the small photos together like that? I would like to know how you do it.
    Thanks.

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

Do you really have that much color all at once? Or is this collection of photos a progression of years of gardening and different seasons of bloom?
    If I could have that much color in my yard all at once I think I would cry. I have so much shade. Trying to drown it in annuals this year so there is hope.

• PVick
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ROFL! If I had that much color all at once, I wouldn't be posting - I'd be dead!

The pics are a collection of plants I've WSed and grown since 2001 ....

PV

• carrie630
    15 years ago

PV - as usual, I really enjoyed your beautiful flowers - what you do on that balcony is unreal! You are a very talented gardener - thanks for the show

Carrie

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County