Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bulletz64

Looking forward to summer... (picture heavy)

bulletz64
14 years ago

I wasn't able to work on my seeds and garden as we were building an additional to our house these past year, so I thought of posting how my garden looked like a couple of years ago. Just want to show you guys, to cheer us up while waiting for the summer.

{{gwi:339963}}

My little paradise, 90% wintersown

{{gwi:339964}}

...another angle shot

{{gwi:339965}}

Creeping Daisy

{{gwi:339966}}

Viola 'Johnny jump up"

{{gwi:339967}}

Gaillardia

{{gwi:339968}}

Sweet William

{{gwi:339969}}

Scabiosa

{{gwi:339970}}

Peony and California poppies

{{gwi:339971}}

Poppies and Malva Zebrina

{{gwi:339972}}

Butterfly bush (not ws)

{{gwi:339973}}

Waterlily (not ws)

{{gwi:339974}}

Hostas

{{gwi:339975}}

Malva Zebrina, California poppies and poppy seedpods

{{gwi:339976}}

Rowdy, my garden companion

Comments (12)

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

I enjoyed looking at your flowers. It helped to brighten my cold cloudy day.

That is a beautiful clematis, such huge white blossoms. Please tell me the variety?

Thanks for sharing.
    Bobbie

• shemeows
    14 years ago

Yum! It's a treat to see such beautiful plants today, when the weather is yucky and there is nothing but mud and a few green spots here and there.

Thank you for posting them!

• erika_ct
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics! I've been hoping someone would post some new ones to chase away all this winter!

I'm with Bobbie on this - those white clematis are gorgeous!

• bulletz64
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry for not getting back sooner... Bobbie and Erika, I think those clematis are the Henryii, lost the marker but I seem to remember the name. They are really gorgeous esp when they open all at the same time. I did cut them back this year, so let's see how it comes out this summer. Hope I didn't damage it... :)

• floodthelast
    14 years ago

I love your paradise. You fit so much in such a small space. I love the pond too, is that an old bathtub? Anyway everything is beautiful and I enjoyed the pics very much. Thanks for sharing.

• bulletz64
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, floodthelast, as this is the only space I have then, I tried to fit in as much as I could... but this year, I've got a little bit of space here and there freed up, so I'm gonna fill those too. Yes, the pond is an old tub that my hubby converted to a pond, didnt have time to finish off the sides, but it works. :) I've wintersowed a lot this year, I'm excited to start transplanting them soon. My neighbors usually bring their visitors by my backyard to show it off, they call it their mini garden center. Hahaha!!!

• bev2009
    14 years ago

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. I really needed that. We're expecting snow today. Yuck!

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Did I see some of those green stakes attached to your Zebrina? Mine seems like it grows a couple of inches every day. I have a pink malva planted too but it doesn't seem to grow as fast. Should I expect blooms this summer from them? They were among my WS success plants.

• floodthelast
    13 years ago

I came back to admire the malva's and look at all your color again. I am having a good year in my garden but I've yet to manage so many things blooming at once.

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Beautiful Garden and the Lovely "Rowdy". Do your poppy seeds seed over for the next season?

• ibheri
    12 years ago

Wow, beautiful. What a treat to the eyes. Just loved them. I hope your new extension to your home is done by now.

• katbird
    10 years ago

post is a couple or so years old but still beautiful plants!!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths