Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WS Pictures _ March 2008

Posted by sandlapper_rose z7B-8A SC (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 08 at 20:26

I took some pictures of my winter sowing containers today (well, not all of them - I have over 130), but some and I thought I would share some pictures. As you can see, I should have planted some in the ground a few weeks ago, but I am hoping they are healthy and happy and will adapt to their new homes.
I use any and every container. The milk jugs are my favorite, but we can't accumulate enough of them. Hopefully I can save the ones from this year so I will have a head start for next year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lots of heavy rain in the last few weeks. That did not happen last year and this is only my second year of winter sowing, so I am learning how to deal with too much and too little rain. I won't complain about the rain because we had nearly a year long drought last year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WS Pictures _ March 2008

Nice sprouts!

Looks like you are in the same dither I am - when I get time to garden I can't decide whether to sow more seeds or plant out the ones that have sprouted! No wonder dh thinks I've lost my mind.

o

They look wonderful, thanks for sharing. Lots of inspiration there too, your garden will be beautiful. Be sure to show us when you have blooms.

Mary

o

All I can say is WOW!!!! I hope mine look like that in another month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here