{{gwi:340333}}

{{gwi:340334}}

{{gwi:340335}}

{{gwi:340336}}

{{gwi:340337}}

Comments (12)

• lindakimy
    16 years ago

I have serious bulb envy! Everything is so beautiful - keep the pictures coming!

• kqcrna
    16 years ago

Beautiful! I'm envious, too.

Karen

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Thanks for taking time to post the pictures...I am envious too...cant wait to see some color in the yard..ok...or the SUN for that matter..it is just starting to break thru the fog..but then back to rain and cold the rest of the week..so getting to enjoy your garden sure does make the day brighter ! Thanks !

• zengeos
    16 years ago

my bulb garden is nearly all uncovered now! Woohoo!!

I sure hope my bulbs bloom as nicely as yours are!

• clumsygrdner
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love bulbs because a) They're early and b) They weather crazy temps like pros! and c) they're cheap! lol

Flower bulbs are also easy to take care of. A dose of bone meal and a tad of compost and you are on your way!

Just... don't plant them in water... they rot, but I've seen them growing by stream shores so sometimes I wonder if their water sensitivity is restricted to certin cultivars or is a complete myth.

Coming soon per request: Peonies, columbine and other, later bloomers.

• lindakimy
    16 years ago

Trouble is...this far south many don't do well unless you refrigerate them for a while. Some people down here have a lot more success with them than I do, but I've never seen a bulb garden this far south to compare with the ones further north.

• clumsygrdner
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh! right! But please don't feel bad. Nothing IMHO compares with southern tropicals!

• ladygladys
    16 years ago

clumsygrdner, I have that same plant (the last pic with yellow flowers) in my back yard, but have no clue what the name of it is. Can you please tell me if ya know?

Thanks,
    Gladys

• shasta_2008
    16 years ago

Beautiful flowers clumsy, I really like the orange tulips.

• clumsygrdner
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

It's called forsythia. It's a very hardy and easy to grow shrub. Mine arejust babys started from cuttings.

• ladygladys
    16 years ago

Thanks clumsygrdner! I've got two of these shrubs and they both have their pretty yellow flowers on them already! I have two other unknown shrub like things back there that I might take a pic of later and put on the name that plant forum. Don't ya just love surprises!

Gladys

• clumsygrdner
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:340338}}

{{gwi:340339}}

{{gwi:340340}}

{{gwi:340341}}

{{gwi:340342}}

{{gwi:340343}}

{{gwi:340344}}

{{gwi:340345}}