Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindakimy

Wintersowed last year, looking good this year!

lindakimy
16 years ago

Since very few people have a chance to see my garden I'd like to show you a few things that are doing well.

{{gwi:340382}}

Gold alyssum and blue flax wintersowed last year. These plants were not very impressive last year but I'm loving them now!

The bachelor buttons and shasta daisies in back (no blooms visible in this photo) were also wintersowed.

{{gwi:340383}}

More flax in front of one of the clumps of daisies that are really getting big this year. There are some ws asters in there someplace that are just going to have to fight it out with the Shastas. The dianthus wasn't ws but I love how it lights up the beds.

{{gwi:340384}}

Oxeye daisies with spanish lavender.

Thanks for visiting my garden!

Comments (7)

• amare_al_giardino
    16 years ago

oh so lovely!
    Thanks for sharing your gardens so we can visit them! I am so impatient for blooms but many things are coming along nicely this spring so I know it won't be long!

• PVick
    16 years ago

Linda - it's all so pretty!

The blue flax is so delicate looking - that's one that I can't get to germinate for the life of me! Hehehe ... must be bad seed!

Love the gold alyssum, too; the best, though, is the oxeye daisies and spanish lavender. They look like they just "happened" in that spot - gorgeous!

PV

• laura_in_cinti
    15 years ago

Just lovely!

• carrie630
    15 years ago

linda - loved your photos - especially the flax which I never seem to get right...

I also did the same gold alyssum and last year was just foliage and this year beautiful yellow blooms. Don't you just love that plant???

Thanks

Carrie

• lindakimy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carrie, I so do! It's a good thing I can't find any more seed for it or I'd be spreading it all over the garden. It is fantastic. Love the foliage too...kinda blue-green and very soft looking.

Thank you all so much for your comments. As I said, hardly anyone sees my garden and it is so nice to get some feedback.

The flax just happened. A packet of seeds from Walmart and boom. Last year they didn't look so great - all floppy and sparse blooms. But this year they are magnificent. I am really loving them.

• bakemom_gw
    15 years ago

Alyssum seed is easy to harvest, but you have a short window to do it in, otherwise it drops. I love it too and harvest tons for giveaways.

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Your gardens look beautiful. Great combinations. Thanks for sharing your photos.

My garden in just starting to look alive with plants pushing through the soil.
    Have a few daffodils adding bright yellow to go along with the green. It is always amazing how such little bits in the spring turn into lush blooms in the summer/fall.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths