Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wintersowed last year, looking good this year!

Posted by lindakimy 8 SC Midlands (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 9:30

Since very few people have a chance to see my garden I'd like to show you a few things that are doing well.

Photobucket
Gold alyssum and blue flax wintersowed last year. These plants were not very impressive last year but I'm loving them now!
The bachelor buttons and shasta daisies in back (no blooms visible in this photo) were also wintersowed.

Photobucket
More flax in front of one of the clumps of daisies that are really getting big this year. There are some ws asters in there someplace that are just going to have to fight it out with the Shastas. The dianthus wasn't ws but I love how it lights up the beds.

Photobucket
Oxeye daisies with spanish lavender.

Thanks for visiting my garden!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wintersowed last year, looking good this year!

oh so lovely!
Thanks for sharing your gardens so we can visit them! I am so impatient for blooms but many things are coming along nicely this spring so I know it won't be long!

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 23:19

Linda - it's all so pretty!

The blue flax is so delicate looking - that's one that I can't get to germinate for the life of me! Hehehe ... must be bad seed!

Love the gold alyssum, too; the best, though, is the oxeye daisies and spanish lavender. They look like they just "happened" in that spot - gorgeous!

PV

o

Just lovely!

o

linda - loved your photos - especially the flax which I never seem to get right...

I also did the same gold alyssum and last year was just foliage and this year beautiful yellow blooms. Don't you just love that plant???

Thanks

Carrie

o

Carrie, I so do! It's a good thing I can't find any more seed for it or I'd be spreading it all over the garden. It is fantastic. Love the foliage too...kinda blue-green and very soft looking.

Thank you all so much for your comments. As I said, hardly anyone sees my garden and it is so nice to get some feedback.

The flax just happened. A packet of seeds from Walmart and boom. Last year they didn't look so great - all floppy and sparse blooms. But this year they are magnificent. I am really loving them.

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Fri, May 2, 08 at 13:23

Alyssum seed is easy to harvest, but you have a short window to do it in, otherwise it drops. I love it too and harvest tons for giveaways.

o

Your gardens look beautiful. Great combinations. Thanks for sharing your photos.

My garden in just starting to look alive with plants pushing through the soil.
Have a few daffodils adding bright yellow to go along with the green. It is always amazing how such little bits in the spring turn into lush blooms in the summer/fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here