Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

More shots....

vera_eastern_wa
17 years ago

I know you're all getting tired of seeing the same bed, but I'm just tracking along the progress D: Plus this bed is at my front door and I needed it too have more evergreen type plants and early color. I'll be saying bye bye to it....just no clue when just yet. I do have a feeling it will be this fall sometime....

Pay no attention to that ugly mobile home! This is the 2nd year for that Lavatera...there's a smaller one to the side of it....and they should help hide the skirting, along with the Blue Flax and Foxgloves near the toungue. Hoping that Bergenia cordifolia and Hosta will do some of that themselves too. The stump there is going to hold a large container of Cypress Vine and Moonflower that I will try to get growing up the Cherry Tree on the lower outside branches. I found 2 more Sedum 'Autumn Joy' out there that were cut and stuck last fall. For a minute I thought they were goners since the mother plant had new buds above the ground several weeks behind them. The Creeping Thyme is filling up with nice new leaves and the Daff bulbs I dug up and placed in there last October are blooming; they are a week ahead of the mother clump on the west side. The perennial Alyssum is picking up speed...they were moved last fall too and wintersowed the year before. Also the Snapdragons, Maltese Cross, Lemon Balm, Larkspur and 2 different dianthus are doing great. But check out the Sweet William in the very bottom corner....this year it has come back more compact and spreading! How weird is that? Three of the grasses are still dormant, but the Blue Fescue is awake and growing. Later I will be adding some annuals.

{{gwi:340410}}

Here's a few container shots:

{{gwi:340411}}

{{gwi:340412}}

Vera

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?