Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some indoor seedling and plant pics

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 15, 09 at 22:35

Here are some Coleus and South African Foxglove (Ceratotheca triloba)
South African Foxglove April 13th
Coleus Seedlings April 13th
Here are Dahlia 'Early Bird Mix' and Karen's 'Bishop's Grandchildren' (I assume that would be saved seed from 'Bishop's Children'?). This pic was taken on April 13th, but as of today the 'Early Bird' had fully expanded 1st true leaves while the 'Bishop's haven't even started forming. They all germinated within the same few days but 'Early Bird' must be living up to the name :)
Dahlia Seedlings April 13th
Here is my 2 year old Bolivian Rainbow Pepper currently full of purple blooms and starting to fruit
Bolivian Rainbow Pepper at 2 years old...April 2009
This is one of two 3 year old Golden Habanero plants that got cut back about a month ago. I could hardly fit them through the bathroom door for showers!
Golden Habanero at 3 years old...April 2009

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some indoor seedling and plant pics

Your seedings and peppers are looking good. I have quit bringing peppers inside as they need constant watching for white flies.

My tomatoes have sprouted and I see Yvonne's salvia is just breaking the soil. Decided to start YS inside this year to see if they will grow taller and bloom sooner.

I brought coleus cuttings inside last fall and have been growing them as house plants. Have just started taking cuttings from them to have more for planting outside.

o

I used to keep Coleus plants as houseplants too, but lost them trying to grow them outdoors. I'm hoping this year I have a little more shade for them.
I've never had pest issues for any wintered over peppers..knock on wood!

o

I have never heard of Bishops Children before.

Nor had I heard of keeping pepper plants indoors.
Are we talking about the edible varities?

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here