Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's blooming(lots of pics)

Posted by mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on
Fri, May 15, 09 at 16:57

Just a few of what is blooming. Will add more later.
Canna Lily
LA Iris Black Gamecock
Shasta Daisy
Canna Lily
Canna Lily
St, Joseph Lily
ws low maintance mix
Blue day flower
tropical hibiscus
ws red nasties
hot lips salvia

Here is a link that might be useful: May2009

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's blooming (lots of pics)

• Posted by mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on
    Fri, May 15, 09 at 17:25

I just added more to link below.
Char's Zinnias ws
confederate jasmine

Here is a link that might be useful: may2009

o
RE: What's blooming(lots of pics)

Hi,
What is growing along the fence?
Very pretty, love the Canna.
I like the blue spiderwort too!

Mary

o

That yellow with the red center is my favorite hibiscus. I remember thinking, a long time ago, when I'd see some of the mexican art painted with flowers like that, I thought there were no such thing as flowers that pretty!

I'll be in Louisiana this summer, can't wait!

o

Sat, May 16, 09 at 13:25

It's confederate jasmine on the fence. I just planted a couple of weeks ago. In a few years should cover the fence.
That hibiscus is from either Home Depot or Lowes last year. Can't remember which. Keep an eye out though it is one of their more common ones. Check out the link and you will see lots more picks. Hope to get some of everything I have ready for trade this year and collect seeds.
Pattie

o

Thanks for sharing your photo album, lots of nice flowers. I had not seen the hot lips salvia before, quite lovely.

o

Mon, May 18, 09 at 23:49

Thanks Fran. I'm going to attempt to collect seeds. I got a little piece from a friend 2 seasons ago and this is what I have. I think it bloomed all year this year. We had a mild one. The color of the blooms change with the weather. When it is cool they turn solid red and when it is hot they are bi colored.
Pattie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here