Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few pics

Posted by northerner_on z4 ONCanada (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 07 at 3:21

Hello everyone, I have finally got a digital camera and have gone through the process of getting the pics. on my PC. I know nothing about photography, and am a new WS'er so wanted you to see what I've been doing:
These petunias were WS this winter using seeds I collected from a bought flat last summer:
a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Rose campion (Lychnis) WinterSown 2006 using seeds from a neighbour:
a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is harebell Wintersown 2005 using seeds I bought in Alaska:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is a WS 2006 Surprise - Mis-labelled seed exchange packet was supposed to be Geum Mrs. Bradshaw:

Another white WS 2006 Petunia: "you don't have to be big and bold to be beautiful":

My first poppy - still trying to ID it:

Northerner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few pics

Northerner,
I really enjoyed looking at your flowers.
They are just beautiful. Congrats on your WS success!
I will be WS for the first time this coming season and I can hardly wait. I've been stock-piling supplies, info., seeds, etc. Such fun to do all the planning.
I had a duh! moment when you said you collected seed from the plants you bought last year. I never thought of doing that before! Going to have to give it a try this year.

Welcome!
Stephanie

o

Yes, very pretty. They look happy. The colors are gorgeous. The poppy is a beaut. WS is really fun, isn't it?
Steph, keep on reading and checking the forum. You'll have a great time this winter. Watch out for seed offers too, so you don't have to buy.

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 28, 07 at 20:50

All so pretty! That poppy especially .... you've done wonderfully, newbie or not!

Stephanie, you're gonna start eying every plant you see and figuring out how you can get the seeds!

PV

o

You've done a good job with the photos. Very pretty blooms! I had a poppy once that resembled that last one and it was called Tangerine I believe..not sure if I am forgetting part of the name. I think I got a plug of it from Green Mountain Transplants and maybe they still offer it on their site? No photos there though.

Thanks for posting. :-)
pm2

o

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. It seems all the hard work is paying off. I am enjoying winter sowing and I feel so fortunate that I 'fell' on Trudi's article while surfing the net. It has changed my life. I sowed more than 70 containers this winter - mostly perennials - so I should have some great pics. next summer.Have a wonderful summer.
Northerner.

o

Very pretty...I love the poppy. Maybe it's a double form of Iceland Poppies. I can imagine sitting at your table having a glass of wine with the johhny jump up centerpiece ;-)

o

Hi Trudi:
You can imagine having the glass of wine and that's about all I can do , too. We're having horrible weather, very cool and very wet recently - the thunder storms have virtually destroyed my little centre piece!! I'll keep hoping!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here