Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Load of Pictures...

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 13:24

All taken today, June 7th...it's still cool, but not as rainy this morning and the high is supposed to reach 65. Yeah right! They said 61 yesterday and we barely made 54.

Milkweed, Lavender, German Winter Thyme and Blue Flax...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Morning Glory 'Star of Yelta'...
A whole lotta volunteer Marigold and Verbena bonariensis; a few sunnies too...
Part of my NW bed; Thyme, Flax, Lavender, ect.
Dianthus, a couple different sedums, Clarkia...
My one and only pink Dicentra seedling...
Creeping Thyme....
Scabiosa atropurpurea....came from a mix of burgundy and lavender so who knows what color the will be this year!
Blue Seaholly...
Blanket Flower....common species.
4 O'clock...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Load of Pictures...

Everything looks so happy,healthy and ready to burst forth! Keep us posted on the progress of their blooms. I look forward to seeing them.

Michelle

o

Gorgeous. You still have room to plant more, Vera.

o

Thanks!

Not exactly Pit!

Plants do mature and I've got mature perennials in there too that will need some room to do their thing LOL!! Also that long bare looking border you see has tiny Petunia, Profusion Zinnia, Marigold, African Daisy and Blue Shrimp Plant seedlings. Not to mention alot of Coreopsis tinctoria and Amaranthus 'Intense Purple' self sown seedlings. The temps have cooled back into the 60 for the last 5 days, low in the 50's and we are expecting another 5 days of such temps!! Everything has just about come to a stand still....grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Vera

o

Thank you so much for posting your pics. You helped me ID one of the few unknowns I had. I knew that I had germination in my blanket flower and could not for the life of me remember what happened to them. Now I know. Thanks!!

o

:-) I like to stuff my garden, Vera. No bare soil whatsoever. :-P Now I need to thin everything out. That's why I have been sending boxes of plants everywhere in the US. lol.

o

LOL Pit!!

I don't like to stuff since my beds are kinda wide and I need to be able to step in here and there to deadhead and whatnot. Someday I will make some stepping stones. It's pretty fun making them too :D
BTW I did go ahead and plant out some Thai Hot peppers along the border :D

Vera

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here