Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some WS blooms

Posted by lindakimy 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 07 at 16:02

Here's my little patch of Coral Nymph salvia. The black and blue in back returned from last year but wasn't wintersowed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is one of the red Flanders poppies I've been enjoying in front of the red Shenandoah grass along with one in a color I wasn't expecting at all! Pretty little thing, though.

The marigolds were also wintersowed by dh.

I really like the way the Flanders poppies look in front of the grass - it reminds me of the ones I saw in France (only FAR fewer of them)!

And this Four O'Clock is the prettiest one I ever saw! Very frangrant, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some WS blooms

Very purdy, lindalana. I like the poppies. They really cheer up the entire garden. The salvias are also very pretty. The 4 o'clock ....I forgot to sow mine!

o
RE: Some WS blooms

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 24, 07 at 21:28

Very pretty. The two colors of salvia are lovely together. From the looks of it, you'll have a lot more poppies soon, too.

PV

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here