Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Peony Poppy

Posted by not_a_contessa z6PA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 07 at 20:46

As promised, here she is. This and 2 other plants are all volunteers in my half-barrel. I had no idea what the color would be, until it bloomed. Needless to say, I am thrilled!

Mary

Image link: Red Peony Poppy (52 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Peony Poppy

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 24, 07 at 12:42

How pretty, Mary! Lots more buds too! You should be thrilled!

PV

BTW - how's your fig this year? Mine died .... :(

o
RE: Red Peony Poppy

PV, both of my fig trees died, as did the red crepe myrtle trees I started for my daughter in SC. Most of my perennials in pots are gone, except for bakemom's penstemon huskers red and a snow queen daisy. A nearby herb farm said they lost a thousand perennials. It was a pretty crazy winter-early spring this year.

On the other hand, there were some really nice surprises, so in the end it all balanced out.

I'll be getting treatments until the end of October, so I should be able to get back to WS'ing this year.

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here