Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
love and others

Posted by msmisk NTX8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 23:35

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wintersown catmint, love in a mist and allysum, selfsown petunias.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: love and others

That's a very pretty combination! And a cool camera angle!

I'm growing nigella for the first time and wonder if you have any tips about seed collection.

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 21:36

Lovely combo! What are the "straps" over them? They look like metal, and give the planting a special look ...

PV

o

lindakimy, I've never collected seed from LIAM, (it's my first year with this, and the seeds were given to me) but it looks like they're going to have big ole seed heads, so I don't think it'll be hard to gather seeds. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but there are lt blue, white and pink flowers in there.

pvick, the flowers are in pots on the top tier of a metal plant stand that DH bought at SAMS. I also have another stand from SAMS that is cool too. I'll have to get pics of the whole thing to show you.
Here are a couple more pics. There are also ws-ed blanket flower and cosmos in there too.
And the bottom shelf has ws-ed nasturtium and a couple herbs.

Carol

o

Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 0:55

Man, that is nice! Both the stand and the lovely lush plantings!

Thanks for posting a pic of the whole thing ... love it!

PV

o

very, very pretty Carol.
I've just posted a "WANT" on the exchange list for LIAM!
I've seen so many gorgeous pictures of them I just have to try some next year.
Blue/white/yellow is fast becoming one of my favorite combos. for flowers.
Stephanie

o

Here are full views of the 2 plant stands. Both were from SAMS, in boxes, and had to be assembled.

The bottom pot in this one was too large to fit, no matter how we tried to wedge it in there, so we had to take the stand apart, and reassemble it around the pot !

o

Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 23:36

What's in that bottom pot? Looks like it's fixing to take over the world!

Those stands are beauts! Pots too!

Love your style of gardening ... reminds me of me ...! LOL!

Thanks for posting.

PV

o

Love the pots and the stand. Love your yard too. Can I come over and dig? I have no more room to dig. :-(

o

pvick, that's salad burnett in the big bottom pot, with a little bit of chives on the right, trying to hold on. I have to hack the sb back regularly to give the chives a fighting chance. They've both been in that pot about 4 - 5 yrs now.

pitimpinai, you can come over and dig at my house any time. I'm sure we could come up with some fun projects, and I'd love the help.

Carol

o

LIAM seeds are so easy to harvest. They make a large pod and when the pod dries, you tap it and the seeds just pour out - many seeds to a pod.

Beautiful pictures - Carrie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here