Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some of my WS babies

Posted by proudgm_03 5b MO (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 9:04

Sorry for the blurry pictures. I can't edit them.

As you can see something is eating my nicotiana burgundy. Also I'm wondering how it is ever going to get big enough to bloom before summer is over.
nicotiana burgundy

cosmos daydream
cosmos daydream

cosmos sensation
cosmos sensation

This is not wintersowed. I have been trying to eradicate it from my fence line for years. I have no idea what it is. I sprayed it last year and it came back.

unidentified native vine

I will post more. I don't want to put too many on one post in case those with dial up want to see them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some of my WS babies

My nicotiana has been under attack since day one by what look like Potato Beetles (or a cousin of them) and some of my plants have looked very similar to yours.
The beatles are yellow with black stripes, they lay eggs on the leaves which look like tiny orange balls. I also found some on a Petunia planted in the same container.
I've been picking them off but finally gave up.
Maybe that's what's eating yours?

Here is a link that might be useful: Potato Beetle Info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here