Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lblack61

Pictures older and newer

lblack61
16 years ago

I just found out that Photobucket is the problem, not my camera. I hooked up a new webhoster and the pictures I took that don't come out on PB come out on there!

Here's some pics!

{{gwi:341699}}

{{gwi:341700}}

{{gwi:341701}}

{{gwi:341702}}

{{gwi:341703}}

{{gwi:341705}}

{{gwi:341706}}

There's so many to post now, I'll leave it at that. Check out the slideshow on it (there might be some doubles, but once I figured out EVERY picture I've taken over the past three weeks looks good at this site, I'm trying to catch up).

Linda

Comments (11)

• stage_rat
    16 years ago

Wow! Great flowers, and great photos! I love the lighting on the yarrow. I keep thinking that I don't want to grow white yarrow, but if I grew it with a strong color like that, I'd love it.

What is the red flower in photo 3?

• vjhale
    16 years ago

I love the Coreopsis! Interesting little watering trays on the tomatoes. Have you noticed a positive effect from them? I'm wondering if something like that would help with the early blight I'm always fighting - the one thing that might send me back to hybrids.

• lblack61
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Stage,
    The red flower is Coreopsis "Mahogany Midget". It really IS a midget, too! I keep reading conflicting info that says they are perennial or annual. I'm hoping they're perennial and will make a bigger showing next year. It's only about five inches tall and of the HOS I divided, one patch is about three inches wide, the other about five.

And I have to say, I'm really loving that white Yarrow. I'm glad I didn't sick of it and yank it out last year. The bene-bugs seem to really like it too.

VJ,
    I think I like those red trays.

I have one tomato plant I have from indoor sowing (which was one of 16 that I started indoors for my FIL-- he gave me a plant in payment, lol)and it's supposed be able to grow to 8ft. I've been pulling blotched leaves off of that one, but the others that I WSed for myself(Cherokee, Mortgage Lifter, Grape and Cherry toms) have good, clean-looking leaves.

It does seem the red trays are helping to keep them from sprawling and, I think, helping speed up their growth.

Linda

• etravia
    16 years ago

So beautiful! Esp. the yarrow & feverfew, & the sunflower & the cockscomb! Oh, & the hydrangeas! Wow. And that black panther you grew! I have 2 of those but they are grey!
    Maggie

• brightmoregirl
    16 years ago

Just beautiful, all of them. What is the yellow-orange flower in #1.
    Jennie

• PVick
    16 years ago

Oh, that's sooo much better! Everything is just beautiful. Looking at your yarrow, I'm tempted to try some more colors; I already have a creamy-white one that I've been pulling clumps from, and giving away, for the past 4 years, trying to keep it from overflowing the pot. Nobody wants it from me anymore - they've got their own to give away! LOL!

I'll have to keep checking back - I'm looking for another shot of "my" shade garden!

PV

• lblack61
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maggie,
    Yep, he's our panther. We've got three other cats (two lions, one princess) along with him, and a dog (border collie/german shepard mix). Those Hydrangea blooms were a long time coming. Because we've had cold winters with no snow protection the past three years, we haven't had blooms for that long. So we covered them last year. I'm so happy to see blooms on them!

Jennie,
    That bright orange flower is Calendula "Lashima". It has to be one of my favorites, any kind of Calendula-- but then, yellow-orange was my favorite color in the Crayola box, too.

PV,
    I just got some of the Shade Garden pics in there, even took some more this morning for ya :-)
    I have to find the older ones, with the English Daisies blooming.

Enjoy!
    PS...animals names, Mario, Gibson, Mufasa, PK (the grey kitty...she's new to us and sweet as ever), and Nikki-- the same dog who loves to get snowed on.

• vera_eastern_wa
    16 years ago

Love your yarrow! How I wish mine were that small!
    Couldn't get thru the entire slideshow but from what I say it's very nice :D

Vera

• lynnencfan
    16 years ago

Just sat and watched the entire slide show - what a pleasant way to spend the lunch hour. I loved the cats popping up now and then - we have 4 grey ones and they are our constant garden companions. Your yarrow is beautiful - I think I will combine mine now - my colors are in seperate gardens and I really like the mix of colors. Thanks for sharing your garden with us.....

Lynne

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Linda- That #2 pic of your yarrow is absolutely FABULOUS!!! It's like a painting! I saved it as my desktop background. It's beautiful!

• lblack61
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Vera,
    I'm scared to know how big your Yarrow is! I moved mine (and chopped it up)last year because it was out of control where it originally was. Now it's in part shade. And now, the Feverfew (as you predicted) is overtaking it-- "To the back, Feverfew!")

Lynne,
    Thank you :-) I love my little (and big) Garden Helpers (even if they do dig up my seedlings-- I think when they see me did in the garden, they're thinking, "Ooo, Mommy's preparing another place for me to poop!")

Mmqchdygg,
    I'm flattered!
    Enjoy :-)

I apologize that the slideshow is soooooooooo long. I kept taking twice/three times the amount of pictures because I thought my camera wasn't working.
    Here's some of the shade garden pictures:

{{gwi:341707}}

{{gwi:341708}}

{{gwi:341710}}

{{gwi:341712}}

{{gwi:341713}}

{{gwi:341714}}

Sponsored