Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall sown ....

Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 07 at 13:29

indoors. Only one of five seedlings made it; finally it's been repotted and made it outside. I need more of these!

Lisianthus:

Lisianthus - 'eustoma grandiflora'

a little closer:

Lisianthus, close

And while not fall-sown, she's about to fall over from fighting sleep:

Fighting sleep .....

PV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall sown ....

PV, I love them both! The pink & the gray go very well together!
Maggie

o

How wonderful. Here I heard that it is very difficult to grow from seed. Great job.

o

Nice work, PV, I tried them once with no luck, so I haven't tried them again since then. Yours are truly beautiful.

Gracie is still as cute as ever!

Mary

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 6, 07 at 22:46

I think maybe I should have left it inside. It was growing so well in there, in a sunny window. Since I re-potted it two days ago (the day I tooks the pics), it has been looking very, very poorly. I'm hoping it's just some major transplant shock, and that it will recover.

They weren't easy for me, but I did manage to keep that one going long enough to bloom. I'm going to try again for some more - they are soooo pretty!

PV

o

Pretty flower but that cat is lovelier! I am a sucker for grey cats and she's a doll. Lucky you.

o

PV
What a cutie! Love the little black triangle at the end of her nose.
Lisianthus...yeah. Yours are gorgeous. They have the most delicate, rose-like buds.
Me, I tried so many times to start those darn things. I haven't given up yet. But I got some cheap plants of them from Walmart last year and was disappointed at their scent and the way they (didn't)grow.
Still, I can't accept defeat. I will be sowing them again at some point, stubborn little bugger that I am.

Linda

o

Pretty Lisianthus and cat.

o

I just love Lisianthus....I never even knew it existed until I did those Floral electives! They made nice bridal bouquets for a wedding we did while still in tight bud like the one to the left of your pic.
Gracie is a beauty girl! She so much reminds me of my mother's cat Smokey who left this world a few years ago at 18 years old.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here