Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drippy_gw

Wintersown Pets

drippy
17 years ago

I thought it would be fun to start a posting of the furry people that accompany us in our garden games. I'll start - here is the REAL Drippy, whose name I swiped for my moniker. She's a 7 year old Newfie.

{{gwi:341873}}

Comments (24)

• PVick
    17 years ago

Oh my, what a face! Please, can I have her?

Hmm ... cats have hair, not fur, right? So my Gracie doesn't exactly fit the bill, nor is she much of a garden "helper" since she likes to eat plants, but here she is anyway (scoping the birds thru the window):

{{gwi:341874}}

PV

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL, PV, none of our furry friends (I thought cats were in that category, myself) are a whole lot of "help" in the garden. At 125 pounds bounding around after squirrels she could never catch in a million years, Drippy flattens a few plants along the way.

I'm actually more of a cat person than a dog person (Drippy was DH's idea), and that photo of Gracie is frameable - you have a great eye for a good shot!

• not_a_contessa
    17 years ago

Great thread, no furry pets here any more, but I do enjoy the Nectar Nazi, (alpha hummingbird), and Fluffy the skunk who digs grubs out of the grass at night so that I don't have as many Japanese Beetles to contend with.

This has been a good year for Cardinals too, there are many juveniles at the feeder. They seem to enjoy the weeping willow tree that is now about 15 feet tall, that started out as a branch we stuck into the ground a couple of years ago.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post.
    Mary

• Pamela Church
    17 years ago

Well, we started with one... but they're sorta like potato chips, lol!

Furbabies

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

OMG, if there is anything that I enjoy looking at more than garden photos, it is animal photos! :-) Drippy, I kept meaning to ask you where you got your name..lol. I just absolutely LOVE your dog. He is SO sweet. I think they have the greatest temperaments. You are very brave to take on such a large dog, especially having a garden. [g]

I am definitely a dog person, but that doesn't mean I don't like cats. My DH is allergic so I haven't had one since I was a kid. We had three persian kittens all at once when I was younger and they were a riot.

I agree with Drippy, PV, that photo of your Gracie is priceless.

Mary, I am in the same boat, no pets here, just the birds in the yard and squirrels and one chipmunk. Haven't had a dog in at least 8 years. Would love to though.

Pam, you sure have a houseful! SO CUTE!

You all are making me jealous !
    :-)

• blackswamp_girl
    17 years ago

Oh, they're all so CUTE! I just want to give Drippy a kiss on top of that huge soft nose. :)

I suppose you could say that Coco "helps" in the garden sometimes. As you see, she does assist me in the disposal of sticks:

{{gwi:341875}}

And here she is after a hard weekend in the garden (and hiking in the local metroparks)... isn't she funny? She really will sleep inverted like this for hours:

{{gwi:341876}}

I'm guessing that she's dreaming about how to steal my first ripe tomato out of the garden. In the last 4 years, she's gotten the first tomato 3 times! Last year, though, it was all mine... mwahahaha!

• lynnencfan
    17 years ago

Waiting for something to eat off the grill -

{{gwi:341877}}

on patrol -

{{gwi:341878}}

resting after a hards guy work -

{{gwi:341879}}

• lynnencfan
    17 years ago

lol - that should say 'hard DAYS work' but in reality they are all 'guys' so that works too....

Lynne

• PVick
    17 years ago

Boy, that Coco really knows how to stretch out, doesn't she? I love that pose!

Your three are too cute, Lynne! There must have veen a very interesting occupant in the birdhouse ...

PV

• blackswamp_girl
    17 years ago

"On Patrol"--I love it! Your three are adorable. Do they really hang out together that much?

PV, Gracie is a beautiful cat. :) I gave my friend Amy a "present" of lemongrass for her kitty, because I knew my cats loved it at the old house. What else does your cat like to eat? I may need some ideas for another gift so the poor lemongrass gets a rest!

As for Coco, she's just always done that. I have pictures of her when her body was about the size of her head (at 7 weeks, when we got her) and she's in a similar position. Obviously she's had nothing to worry about in her entire life... lol.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    17 years ago

Everyone's pets are so great. They all look so nice and soft and cuddly, even the big ones! I could hug them all!

Here's my Raven. She's come a long way and I'm so glad we were patient with her. We courier for lawyers, and one of our clients is the lawyer for the SPCA. She called us one day and asked if we could take Raven seeing as we were looking for a dog.

I wouldn't give her up for anything even though my bass river chairs have rungs that look like corn on the cobb that's been eaten. She doesn't do that anymore. She knows life is good!

{{gwi:341880}}

She follows me everywhere in the gardens and is always so close. When winter sowing, she goes out to put containers on the deck with me, and comes back in when I do - every time.

• anna_in_quebec
    17 years ago

Here's one of my helpers - Timmy just loves to hop up onto my work table and demand I give him some attention. He was named Tiny Tim as he was saved from minus zero weather one night around Christmas - hobbling on three legs, the poor thing - one of his legs had a very bad abcess and he could not walk on all fours. With lots of TLC and vet care, he recovered perfectfully.
    {{gwi:335709}}

• flowerchildky
    17 years ago

oh so cute! here is the only picture I can find of Scotty, my cat.

My son shot this through the storm door, seeing him stretched out 'coolin it' last summer-

love all the garden 'helpers'
    thanks for sharing,
    Linda in Louisville

{{gwi:341881}}

• anna_in_quebec
    17 years ago

My goodness, Linda - I have never seen a cat stretch out its back legs like that - that is so neat - it must be very cooling on his tummy!

Anna

• vjhale
    17 years ago

Here's our Chic, you can see she likes to help me by laying on the weeds ;) This only works in early spring, the flowers have taken over that bed now. She got Addison's Disease and we almost lost her last year, she'd doing well, but she sure got gray!

{{gwi:341883}}

• PVick
    17 years ago

I absolutely love pet pics! Maybe even more than garden pics ... (heresy?). I keep coming back to this thread ...

blackswamp_girl, Gracie loves broccoli! And she loves eating my oxalis plants. I grew grass for her; she just liked to lay on it.

Raven loooks like she's saying "OK. can I go now?". LOL!

Anna, I remember your Timmy and his white bowtie! Such a handsome cat.

And Linda, your Scotty laid out is just too funny! And he looks so comfortable! He and Coco should get together.

vjhale - that look on Chic's face is precious! Good to know she's doing OK ....

Y'all have got me feeling nostalgic. My Petey (rip, 2005) had gotten past me a few times onto the terrace. But even when I didn't know he was out there, he didn't fly off the edge, as I feared. Such a calm, laid-back animal. He never ate plants either, just strolled among them and sniffed.

My bestest bud:

{{gwi:341885}}

Keep posting!

PV

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anna, except for the "bowtie", Timmy looks exactly like my favorite cat, Loki - a Russian blue. Loki lived to be 20 years old, so I guess I can't complain!

Thanks for the pictures, everyone!

• tracey_nj6
    17 years ago

Aw; this is a great thread. I LOVE Lynne's pictures of the 2 cats starting up at the bird feeder.

Here's my contribution, Shotzie, chillin on the deck.
    {{gwi:341886}}

• motria
    17 years ago

Here's our dear Beulah, taking a break from munching flowers and licking wet lamb's ear. She's a 3-month old Australian shepherd mix. Looks like a cat to me.. but wait untils she grows. ;-)

{{gwi:341887}}

• wendy2shoes
    17 years ago

Here's my Maggie.. ready for sprouts!

Here is a link that might be useful: maggie in the veggie patch

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

I love seeing all the pets. I have two dogs but only a photo of Creton on digital. Here he is posing nicely near my pot ghetto.
    {{gwi:341888}}
    Remy

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Great pix, thanks everyone! :)

• kywildcat2
    17 years ago

I love everyone's pet pics!

This is Boo ... she'd rather be in the pond than the garden, but she does love the water hose. She's looking for frogs here.

{{gwi:341889}}

Tiger is underfoot wherever I go.

{{gwi:341890}}

• flowergirl1211
    17 years ago

Hi The first one's hair is in style. :)
    All of these are so cute.
    Linda

Sponsored