Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerchildky

ws profusion zinnia

flowerchildky
17 years ago

in the top 3 of my fav w/s seeds-

profusion orange zinnia

this is year 2 for w/s these- this season, also added profusion cherry and profusion white

Linda

Image link:

Comments (12)

• drippy
    17 years ago

I love profusion zinnias! Yours turned out very nice!

• phyleux
    17 years ago

I ws some of the profusion seeds (white and orange) you sent me last year and I love them. They are blooming like crazy now. I also planted some cherry ones and they were great earlier and the summer but they are not doing as well now as the others.

• vera_eastern_wa
    17 years ago

I think I need to try more orange around here LOL! They look terrific :)
    I did the pink this year, all of them did great, including the ones I ended up digging up mid-season and moving...it was like they never skipped a beat! They hold their great pink color for an extreme amount of time, but when they do fade it looks pretty funky and yet they STILL don't drop their petals! New ones keep opening up though. Boy those spent flowers are still hanging on and they sure do take a LONG time to mature any seed!!!

Vera

• motria
    17 years ago

For the uninitiated.. here's the cherry:

• carrie630
    17 years ago

I love them too!

Carrie

{{gwi:342332}}
    {{gwi:342333}}

• fairydancer
    17 years ago

Carrie,

What is the purple flower surrounding the zinnia in the container? Beautiful combo.

I love the profusion zinnias. Last year I had the orange....collected my own seeds, but not germinated! I did get one cherry, and it's sweet!!

~Deb

• carrie630
    17 years ago

Hi Deb - thanks - the purple flowers are scaevola and they are annuals. That picture was taken before I trimmed the scaevola - it looks so much better now that it is trimmed.

Note: The purple foliage in the bed behind the planter is overgrown perillo - I didn't have the heart to cut it back because it is so pretty, but looking way too big where I have it. Next year I am just doing the planters and nothing else.

Carrie

• fairydancer
    17 years ago

Carrie,

Make sure you trim the perilla once it starts to set seed. My perilla took over my entire yard! Flower bed and lawn. Hubby keeps mowing them down, they keep popping up. I've been pulling them by handfuls out of my beds since early July! Good thing they are easy to pull. Just a warning.

(not to hijack the profusion zinnia thread....sorry)

Deb

• carrie630
    17 years ago

Thanks, fairy. I actually purposely will let them go to seed, collect them and send them on to some friends in Florida, plus family will receive the rest. I don't have too much trouble with them reseeding where they are because of the heavy mulch/pine chips that are surrounding them. Thanks for the reminder, though - Carrie

• kqcrna
    17 years ago

motria: those cherry profusions look pink on my monitor. Are they red or pink?

Karen

• motria
    17 years ago

Hi Karen - The cherries start out deep pink/magenta, fading to lighter pink. I have one that is poorly placed right in between two similar colored flowers - dianthus 'zing rose' and cosmos 'tetra trianon'.. they just blend into each other. :-(

• kqcrna
    17 years ago

Thanks, motria. I will have to look for some of those cherry seeds next year. I have a few orange and apricot ones but I really need more pink flowers. (Well, some would say that I don't need any more flowers or seeds at all :-)

Karen

Sponsored