Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Morning glory photos

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 26, 06 at 21:21

Morning glory Blue Silk

This is an early morning pic of morning glory blue silk before the afternoon sun starts to fade the color turning it to shades of lavender. Just love it.
Fran

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Morning Glory Blue silk, late in the day

Took this pic at 3pm , still fully open but the color was starting to change somewhat. By 6pm it will turn a faint lavender and still be open.

Japanese morning glory grey lady

Grey Lady morning glory. New to me this year and a very unique color. The pic shows it as more white, but it has a greyish tinge to it, with a bit of pinkish tinge as well later in the day. Flower is about 6 inches and is staying open till almost dusk. I really like the unique color and look of this one.
Fran

Morning glory Joyce Cobb

Not the best photo, but. Smaller size flower, but she makes up for it with how pretty she is. Typical small hear shaped leaves. I'm keeping this one too.

Morning Glory red star. Medium size flower, lasts most of the day. Keeping this one too.
Fran

Morning glory Mt Fugi Purple

A large flower, is deep purple, the pic doesn't show the color as deep purple. Stays open most of the day in full sun, on cloudy days or part sun it stays open almost till dark.

Will post more morning glory photos as they bloom. All of these are keepers for me.

Fran

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morning glory photos

all very nice!

I like "heavenly blue" too- I grew them several years ago, they reseeded once for me, but then were gone-

With working full time, I don't get to see them open much, so I have moved on to other things (thanks to GW, w/s and seed exchange!) I do still love them though, and yours are very nice!
thanks,
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here